Roast An open letter to the brave hero who frightened my wife

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough, but are you trying to tell me that you’ve never behaved like a juvenile. Even if you haven’t the majority of people on here would have. Not saying it’s a nice thing to do, just that it’s easy to pass judgement and forget that we have all been through that in one shape or form.
1/ I reckon when you're well in your 20s the juvenile phase should have at least diminished.
2/ I did some incredibly dumb things, most of which put me in danger. No matter how stupid, I never went out of my way to upset a woman
3/ Behaving like an entitled campaigner after winning anything has never sat well with me
4/ All bets are off if you upset my wife

I remember going to the footy in my late teens and being shocked at my mates mother frothing at the mouth. Collingwod vs Essendon, Ron Andrews was being a hard man. I remember many at game at Vic Park amongst the ekies, beer, urine and politically incorrect behaviour. That besides attending many other sporting events where drunkenness and riotous celebratory behaviour where commonplace. At none of these events targeting supposedly opposition supporters was normal or acceptable. Being a good loser, as well as a good winner is a key part of human development. I am sorry for your experience Countrypie, sorry for you wife and sorry that this would happen. I hope this behaviour will never be acceptable, be always seen as abhorrent and nothing to do with supporting a team.

Three of us were walking back from the MCG a few years ago, Collingwood won the game and as we were walking through the park a young bloke crashed his way through 2 of us and turned around and said, "do you want a fight". my response was don't be stupid, we barrack for the same team. He then came really close to me and my first thought was, an uppercut to the jaw, followed by a right hook, but something in the back of my mind said "Don't". Lucky, because as we walked off 10 of his mates were waiting around the corner

1/ I reckon when you're well in your 20s the juvenile phase should have at least diminished.
2/ I did some incredibly dumb things, most of which put me in danger. No matter how stupid, I never went out of my way to upset a woman
3/ Behaving like an entitled campaigner after winning anything has never sat well with me
👍 respect

Again fair enough on all counts, but you’ve also done ‘incredibly dumb things’ that other people may have perceived as unacceptable. May not have been what this juvenile did to your wife, but could have been something else that upset somebody…for example you intimated in your OP that you would have ensured the individual had an ‘accident’ I believe were the words if you were younger. Some might take offence to that, claiming that violence is never the right approach…

Again fair enough on all counts, but you’ve also done ‘incredibly dumb things’ that other people may have perceived as unacceptable. May not have been what this juvenile did to your wife, but could have been something else that upset somebody…for example you intimated in your OP that you would have ensured the individual had an ‘accident’ I believe were the words if you were younger. Some might take offence to that, claiming that violence is never the right approach…

IMG_0009.JPG

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cool story. I guess you’ve never been young, drunk and impressionable…
In one swoop you've condoned what was obviously dickish behaviour and patronised the person sharing how it impacted them. This post says more about you than any point you are trying to make.

In one swoop you've condoned what was obviously dickish behaviour and patronised the person sharing how it impacted them. This post says more about you than any point you are trying to make.
👍

We definitely have our fair share of moronic supporters. After the Carlton game I was walking down flinders street and one of these morons walked past a Carlton support(who was walking from the opposite direction) and put his scarf right up in his face and screamed go pies!

That Sh!t is not on. Luckily the Carlton supporter was composed but I know many a person who would have smashed him and while I hate violence I can kind of understand why they would.

You just don't do that crap.

Oh FFS, give it up. Your attempted justification of this moron’s behavior is cringeworthy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What strikes me is that this idiot screamed in an older woman’s ear. You can’t tell me he would do that to some fit tough looking male?

I don’t care how drunk you are, it’s s**t behaviour and weak as piss.

I actually think it’s worse theses days. I too spent many days at Vic park, never saw a fight. Lots of banter and advice. We do get a bad rap as supporters, unfortunately it’s idiots like the one in the post who ruin a day at the footy.

Can say from previous experience I was always worried walking back to the car after we played Richmond, they are crazy 🤬 heads.

What strikes me is that this idiot screamed in an older woman’s ear. You can’t tell me he would do that to some fit tough looking male?

I don’t care how drunk you are, it’s s**t behaviour and weak as piss.

This is the correct analysis of the situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back