News Andrew Thorburn is retaining legal counsel for wrongful termination by the Essendon Football Club. NOW WITH BIG BANGS

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s perfectly reasonable to believe in magic because an old book written by middle eastern peasants says so…
Could you imagine in 200 years if Harry Potter became a religion and people believed it to be true haha

the head on their organisation being anti-gay rights

Just another religious nut job who uses religion as a shield for their bigoted and hateful views.

Being anti-gay

For someone who's anti-gay, his time at NAB was very pro-gay.

Major sponsor NAB last year spoke to the AFL about using the NAB Challenge to raise awareness of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex community and prevent homophobia.

NAB Group CEO Andrew Thorburn said the introduction of the game was in line with the company's values.

"At NAB we believe in diversity – we want everyone to be themselves at work, home and at the footy," Thorburn said.

"The NAB Pride match has been created because at NAB, we don't just sponsor the game. We want to use football's reach to demonstrate our support for our people and our customers in the communities we serve, regardless of their gender diversity or sexual orientation."

Moronic take. Probably half the Essendon aflw are gay/bi/non binary and you have the head on their organisation being anti-gay rights? And you think this is okay? Just another religious nut job who uses religion as a shield for their bigoted and hateful views.

How bout your playing list ? Are they judged on your understanding of their beliefs ? Members ?

No, most people assume they are heterosexual until told differently. Just shut those gay people up so us normals don't have to be reminded they exist huh? Let's not talk about those BLM people either.

What a strange response.

Talk about it as much as you like among family and friends but if you think work colleagues or strangers need to know it then you are either a narcissist or an attention seeker.

Which could be the case given the whole social media look at me phenomenon that's become a thing.

page 2 or 3.

has also bee compared to Putin also.

Attila the Hun just around the corner i reckon.
All I could find was a post which said this -
"Gees you'd defend Hitler if he was able to bring you a premiership. There are limits."

That's not "literally comparing him to Hitler".

Watch this be a way bigger story than those Muslim woman that refused to play in the Pride Game.
This really shows the hypocrisy of the twitter outrage mob. Every excuse made under the sun and even were calling her brave for sticking to her faith. Yet a guy is chairman of a church and has never done anything to suggest he is homophobic or whatever is needing to be cancelled.

What a strange response.

Talk about it as much as you like among family and friends but if you think work colleagues or strangers need to know it then you are either a narcissist or an attention seeker.

Which could be the case given the whole social media look at me phenomenon that's become a thing.

So if a gay man mentions going out for dinner with his partner to a colleague, he is an attention whore because “no one needs to know about it?”

Mate you left the best part out:

'God is more interested in the shape of your heart than the size of your gift. That means you should seek to give joyfully, generously, and sacrificially'.

They missed out "or whether you give at all".

Also they forgot to mention God is not real.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could you imagine in 200 years if Harry Potter became a religion and people believed it to be true haha
Silly comparison.
Abundant manuscript evidence, archaeological evidence etc.
Followers dying for their belief in the resurrection who were there to 100% know if it was true or not.
Writings within lifetime of eye witnesses.

These sorts of comparisons show ignorance in regards to the historical method 🤦🏼‍♂️
Even sceptics like Bart Ehrnan would never make such a misguided comparison!

All I could find was a post which said this -
"Gees you'd defend Hitler if he was able to bring you a premiership. There are limits."

That's not "literally comparing him to Hitler".

yes it is.....

That's literally saying if i support Thorburn i would support Hitler..

do better.

Watch this be a way bigger story than those Muslim woman that refused to play in the Pride Game.
Watch people try to minimise this with whataboutism.

They missed out "or whether you give at all".

Also they forgot to mention God is not real.

CHIEF YOU ARE SUCH A DISGRACE

RESIGN AS ADMIN!!!!!!!!

Asdas%#%SdfSD%^$$

People arguing those with right of centre, conservative, beliefs having no right to be in public life is just as obscene and wrong as if anyone said progressive left of centre people don't belong here. This is grotesque demonisation over political differences. It has never been the Australian way. Labor and Liberals have always debated the issues but there has never been this type of effort to destroy people's careers over differences. I don't care if you are left wing or right wing, but this americanisation of our politics where anything and everything becomes about politics is a toxic sick habit.
Nobody is taking issue with a “right of centre” politic. The issue is with being homophobic. To try and equate the two is telling

you do know he was the CEO of Major Australian banks, and under this leadership were highly inclusive workplaces right?
Except if you were a customer (dead or alive) that was paying for services that weren't actually delivered. It's not just the church links that make this appointment stink, its also the fact that he was given the @rse from his role at NAB after is was "discovered" that they were ripping people off.

I grew up Christian. I went to a school run by brothers. I still go to church though less frequently than i used too, more so on major events like Easter & Christmas.

I do not believe in the views of the bible in regards to about gay people, nor do i believe what it says about women.

Am i a bigot because i am Christian? Or am i not because i dont believe certain parts of the bible.

Are you the chair of that church?

What a strange response.

How do you think gay people talk? Do you think they just work the word gay into every sentence?

It would come up normally with co-workers. People asking what they did on the weekend and replaying with “I went with my girlfriend/boyfriend camping” or some other situation.

People seem to think gay people just normally existing is the equivalent to waving it in their face

Last edited:
Yawn.

These sick *s won't stop until the whole world is burning. Do you think it's ok for someone to be demonized for their religious beliefs?

Or do you only think it's ok for white males to be demonized for their judeo christian beliefs?

I say "sick *s" because they are completely psychotic. "Agree with my sexual proclivities or you don't deserve to have a job and need to be destroyed.
Exactly.
This virtue signalling and tolerance of everyone as long as they believe what I believe is pathetic.

More and more people seeing through this rubbish now!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back