Andy from Pakenam

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My favourite Tiger supporter on SEN........isnt travelling too well folks. His wife's health has gotten worse.

In football there's winners and losers but listening to him cry on the radio 10 minutes ago puts things into perspective, hopefully some of you guys know him and get around and support him.

cheers Oz

Its actually weird the affect footy can have on life. On saturday i spent the whole day with my family clearing out my grandmothers house to get ready to sell it (she passed last year). It was the first time i had been back to the house since she passed, i avoided it as much as i could because i knew i would get emotional, having spent A LOT of my childhood there as my parents were working a lot.

As i expected, i got emotional when i stepped foot in the house, and throughout the day the only thing that kept me going was thinking about the possibility of my tigers triumphing the next day over the Kangas. Although it didnt happen, it actually helped me get through one of the toughest things ive had to do.

Anyway enough about me, i hope Andy gets the support he deserves from his friends and his family.

GO TIGERS

Its actually weird the affect footy can have on life. On saturday i spent the whole day with my family clearing out my grandmothers house to get ready to sell it (she passed last year). It was the first time i had been back to the house since she passed, i avoided it as much as i could because i knew i would get emotional, having spent A LOT of my childhood there as my parents were working a lot.

As i expected, i got emotional when i stepped foot in the house, and throughout the day the only thing that kept me going was thinking about the possibility of my tigers triumphing the next day over the Kangas. Although it didnt happen, it actually helped me get through one of the toughest things ive had to do.

Anyway enough about me, i hope Andy gets the support he deserves from his friends and his family.

GO TIGERS

You dont realise how much football consumes many people in Melbourne lives.....until you lose it. But its real and its something to cherish peeps.

One day I want to take my kids so they get to understand whats its like to live as a Melburnian.

You dont realise how much football consumes many people in Melbourne lives.....until you lose it. But its real and its something to cherish peeps.

One day I want to take my kids so they get to understand whats its like live as a Melburnian.

Amen.

Haere Ra

Andy is a real legend on SEN. You could hear in OX and Marko how they felt for him.

As someone who has lost a Father to Cancer 3 months ago, and with a Mother who is currently fighting this prick of a disease, I can honestly say that whilst I was dissapointed with yesterday's loss, I have well and truly found some real perspective on life.

Good luck to Andy and anyone else fighting the good fight.

GO TIGERS
Went through the same thing last year. ... can't even drive down the their street anymore.

Yeah people need perspective fir sure... This shit ain't life or death.

Today, dreading the usual ribbing from my coworkers (which I copped) I was told that a work colleague has been diagnosed with leukaemia, very young person and was a blunt reminder this shit is just a game!

Today, dreading the usual ribbing from my coworkers (which I copped) I was told that a work colleague has been diagnosed with leukaemia, very young person and was a blunt reminder this shit is just a game!

The game is just a game, but it really can affect your week just in terms of mental health I think. It's easy to get caught up in the hype and consume it all and it can make it pretty depressing when the team loses.

The game is just a game, but it really can affect your week just in terms of mental health I think. It's easy to get caught up in the hype and consume it all and it can make it pretty depressing when the team loses.

Fully agree mate...I can definitely be affected... Makes you feel like shit. The saturation of the game in media makes it harder.

In the end only one teams supporters every year, walk away happy....

All true my friends, after the game I caught up with a Tiger mate on his deck for a few beers and an inquest, joined by a Doggie and his son, we agonised over both losses and picked apart the games, but you know what, we all had homes and good jobs, healthy families and the sun came up on Monday.
The tears, sadness and bitter disappointment of a loss is hard to take but you live through it and, like the club, regroup and go again, that's why I find it so hard to understand those posters that remain angry and take it like some sort of personal affront.
Everybody hurts but there are hurts in this world far in excess of sporting hurts.

Can relate. A lot of emotional energy is invested in the team. But at least we' re experiencing the thrill of being alive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can relate. A lot of emotional energy is invested in the team. But at least we' re experiencing the thrill of being alive.

What i actually find amusing is the North poster that started this thread, in another post calls our membership base all idiots but comes onto our board and says he has a fav Tiger supporter. Go figure, i guess it is big footy though at the end of the day.:)

What i actually find amusing is the North poster that started this thread, in another post calls our membership base all idiots but comes onto our board and says he has a fav Tiger supporter. Go figure, i guess it is big footy though at the end of the day.:)
Fair enough. I' m an utter bitch on various threads. And give the poor bugger a break. He' s only human after all. :D:D:D

As mentioned puts everything into perspective.
Funnily enough game day actually reminded me of one of our very own posters who I recall suffered a major heart scare on the day of our Port final, I must ask how he is traveling actually.
But that really put things into perspective for me last year.
We let it consume us at times but family- health---------footy every time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back