Another Aust soldier killed in Afghanistan - 10 now

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess we should invade Columbia, because that is where the majority of drugs come from, OOPS no muslims there. ;)

No 9/11 type attacks have ever been launched from there.

Nor do they appear to have been harboring many major terrorist training bases.

Afghanistan is mostly a muslim country, I think most discussing this issue accept that.

No 9/11 type attacks have ever been launched from there.

Nor do they appear to have been harboring many major terrorist training bases.

Afghanistan is mostly a muslim country, I think most discussing this issue accept that.

LOL. One of the key reasons there is such a big US presence in Colombia is because of the existence of the FARC.

LOL. One of the key reasons there is such a big US presence in Colombia is because of the existence of the FARC.

So the cocaine is just a snowstorm ?

Illicit drugs:
illicit producer of coca, opium poppy, and cannabis; world's leading coca cultivator with 167,000 hectares in coca cultivation in 2007, a 6% increase over 2006, producing a potential of 535 mt of pure cocaine; the world's largest producer of coca derivatives; supplies cocaine to nearly all of the US market and the great majority of other international drug markets; in 2005, aerial eradication dispensed herbicide to treat over 130,000 hectares but aggressive replanting on the part of coca growers means Colombia remains a key producer; a significant portion of narcotics proceeds are either laundered or invested in Colombia through the black market peso exchange; important supplier of heroin to the US market; opium poppy cultivation is estimated to have fallen 25% between 2006 and 2007; most Colombian heroin is destined for the US market; (2008)

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/co.html

I should have been more clear, I was talking about combat deaths in the ADF. Thus far in Iraq we have lost Private Jake Kovco, a soldier in Kuwait who died in a training accident and an Australian who was serving with Britain's Royal Air Force.

it's debateable whether kovco died in a training accident or by his own hand really.

it's debateable whether kovco died in a training accident or by his own hand really.

I was talking about another solider who lost his life in a vehicle accident. Hard to know how Kovco died even with all the inquires but nonetheless sad to lose anyone in the ADF.

Putin paying bounties 🙄

<coughcoughbullshit>

It's all mediated thru Pennsylvania Avenue,

I told Contra Mundum three years ago, always offered references Stephen F Cohen and Masha Gessen amongst others, but they censored me on the FigBooty for heterodox views and truth-telling

it is #safety_paradox and Pennsylvania Avenue hysteria and Sino March

seppo's never put to bed 2008 banking failure and moral hazard, alan greenspan looks on in envy with T-Bills buying cr@p

medusala

(Log in to remove this ad.)

seppo's never put to bed 2008 banking failure and moral hazard, alan greenspan looks on in envy with T-Bills buying cr@p

medusala

Yank banks in decent nick. The ones who havent cleaned up the mess are the Europeans. Italians in particular but Germans and maybe French too.

All very opaque. See Westpac mkt cap vs DB.

IIRC the AG has said that he’ll step in to stop the journalists being charged, if necessary.

We probably should have legislation to stop it ever getting that far though. The protection of journalists reporting important stories shouldn’t depend on the whims of politicians.

IIRC the AG has said that he’ll step in to stop the journalists being charged, if necessary.

It’s funny how the first to be prosecuted are the journalists who exposed the war crimes, not the war criminals themselves.

Why hasn’t the soldier who murdered an unarmed Afghan on the camera footage been charged with murder? I can’t envision a scenario where a civilian could kill someone and have it caught live on camera, and the perpetrator not being immediately taken into custody?

Why hasn’t Ben Roberts Smith been charged with attempted murder and war crimes given multiple witnesses have testified they saw him kick a handcuffed civilian off a cliff?

Why hasn’t the killer who took the injured Afghani off the medic and stomped him to death been charged?

Why haven’t all the other 60+ crimes been prosecuted yet?

Yes, I know an Army inquiry is about to report but let’s look at their track record. I’m the 4 Corners killing they found the soldier shot the man 20 metres away in self defence, even though the footage proves that’s bullshit. The Army will whitewash their own, if it ever gets to court (I doubt it) they will probably plead guilty to some lesser charge and get given a few months home detention if anything.

You’ve got a nationalistic government in power that does all it can to portray members of the military as infalliable heroes, and BRS is a director at a major media company. A lot of people in power have a strong vested interest in ensuring these crimes are minimised as much as possible.

This investigation will be worthless unless people like BRS, and all the other callous killers, aren’t given life imprisonment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back