Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

$300 off electricity bill

BUT THEY PROMISED $275

Actually they promised to reduced your bill by $275 from the May 2021 prices…

The $300 is irrelevant to his last broken promise. Especially as the money actually doesn’t go the bill holder it goes to power company. …

I’m sure if you pay your bill monthly the $25 will make a huge difference

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The $300 is irrelevant to his last broken promise. Especially as the money actually doesn’t go the bill holder it goes to power company. …

Sounds like a $300 reduction in power bill.

$1300 reduction for Queenslanders.

Actually they promised to reduced your bill by $275 from the May 2022 prices…

The promise was by 2025…

Unfortunately or fortunately for me I’ll never be able to use the $300 credit because it’s not redeemable as cash, and I’m always in credit…

I’m sure if you pay your bill monthly the $25 will make a huge difference

It was a non-core promise princess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sadly helping people in Australia is political suicide - hence the energy bill relief is not means tested.
Bullshit

Labor have no interest in doing anything

They means test anything that isn't going to end up in the pockets of their donors

Anyone defending them at this point is complicit in their actions

Not means testing the $300 energy payment is pretty laughable.
It is. I wonder how some billionaires will look at this bemusingly when getting their $300 or $600 if they combine business and individual.

Gina Rinehart
Mike Cannon Brookes
Andrew Forrest
Anthony Pratt

Lol @ Chalmers for jerking off over tax cuts, whilst ignoring the fact his redesign will collect billions more in tax over the next few years...all so he can give more tax cuts closer to the election and look all shiny.
I don’t see the problem

Not means testing the $300 energy payment is pretty laughable.
Cost of implementing means testing may be prohibitive. Flat cash grants are by nature progressive (as opposed to flat taxes or fees which are regressive)

Cost of implementing means testing may be prohibitive. Flat cash grants are by nature progressive (as opposed to flat taxes or fees which are regressive)
Means testing is crap I agree
Give everyone access and move on

Means testing generally costs more than the supposed savings and frequently excludes people that actually need it

9.3 billion surplus?

Just leaving this here for anyone that still thinks Labor gives a s**t

More votes in kicking the unemployed (and unemployable) than in helping them.

And it ****ing sucks when the system is designed to have at least a certain number unemployed.

For most voters it's "When I receive a payment I deserve it, when someone else receives it they're a bludger".

The Coalition don't give a **** about helping the poor and Labor are too scared to risk being wedged by the media pile on if they did and the Greens shoot themselves in the foot.

Also want to know the even suckier part? The age pension isn't even good.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back