Anthony Albanese - How long?

How long for Albo?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Failed to clean the house!

I think anyone who has rented knows that the place is never clean when you turn up, but I bet they charge the previous tenant for cleaning.

In fact I think there needs to be a standard system for charges against bond and proof that those jobs have been paid for and completed.

I remember renting a flat years ago. There were some shelves in the garage area when we moved in. We just used them to store a few things. Nothing special. Esky and a couple of other things.

When we moved out we were charged $80 to remove the shelves that "we had left there"...

Last edited:
should be punishable by crucifixion in the front yard as a warning to future tenants
On the flip side, a friend's flat had to have the carpet ripped up after tenants did motorcycle repair in the lounge room and tracked grease and oil all over the house.

On the flip side, a friend's flat had to have the carpet ripped up after tenants did motorcycle repair in the lounge room and tracked grease and oil all over the house.
I'd crucify the carpet as a warning for future tenants

I think the place just has polished concrete floors now :D
it can look pretty good if done right.

work with someone who has the pipes in the floor and polished concrete throughout, so its also warm flooring in winter

There are three housing social classes:

The landlord class
The owner-occupier class (no investment properties)
The tenant class

Almost all politicians belong to the first one.

The tenant class is, for obvious reasons, the fastest-growing. It is also pissed off, for obvious reasons. Don't piss off a large and growing share of the population.

What a coincidence, Three House Albo's little parasite of a son gets offered by Qantas excess to their VIP Chairman's Lounge months after refusing Qatar Airways request for more flights to Australia.
I wonder why all the woke losers who squeal about government corruption are silent this time?

It’s only really been covered in the right wing press, and the Coalition haven’t sought to make much of it, because this is a bipartisan corruption. No need to be selective in one’s outrage.

Good piece by Joe Aston in the AFR on it today.

One canard doing the rounds is that Nathan Albanese’s Chairman’s Lounge membership is justifiable on security grounds. Does anyone seriously believe the AFP’s personal protection branch says the regular Qantas Club is too dangerous? What a crock. By the extension of such logic, the kid could never even go to a pub. Even if the rationale was credible, it still wouldn’t explain why the PM has never disclosed it.

The PM hasn’t deigned to explain why such a valuable benefit was quietly conferred on his child alone, and nobody in question time on Thursday, or in any of his multiple media appearances over the weekend, has forced him to.

Failed to clean the house!

I think anyone who has rented knows that the place is never clean when you turn up, but I bet they charge the previous tenant for cleaning.

In fact I think there needs to be a standard system for charges against bond and proof that those jobs have been paid for and completed.

I remember renting a flat years ago. There were some shelves in the garage area when we moved in. We just used them to store a few things. Nothing special. Esky and a couple of other things.

When we moved out we were charged $80 to remove the shelves that "we had left there"...

I nearly spent more in cleaning and repairs than my bond was worth!

Agent charged me $400 to repair a small dint in a wardrobe door and a strip of paint the size of a 20c piece that came off when I took something down.

Yet the previous tenants post cleaning didn’t include removing marks off walls in the toilet, they used white out to cover up a nail hole and didn’t bother cleaning around the stove that had a teabag left there. As I don’t drink tea, it clearly wasn’t mine!

Even the hole in the wardrobe door happened way too easily that probably either had already been patched up or had structural problems.

But still I coughed up just in case one day I need to rent again and want a good reference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agent charged me $400 to repair a small dint in a wardrobe door and a strip of paint the size of a 20c piece that came off when I took something down.

Yet the previous tenants post cleaning didn’t include removing marks off walls in the toilet, they used white out to cover up a nail hole and didn’t bother cleaning around the stove that had a teabag left there. As I don’t drink tea, it clearly wasn’t mine!

Even the hole in the wardrobe door happened way too easily that probably either had already been patched up or had structural problems.

But still I coughed up just in case one day I need to rent again and want a good reference.
Is it true that tenants in other developed countries don't need to put up with this s**t? How much pressure can Albanese exert to strengthen tenant rights in the states?

Can't talk about debt.
Can't talk about deficit.
So it looks like the 'debt & deficit disaster' has been re-badged as the 'who's gunna pay the huuuuuuge interest bill'.

At least we are spared the 'miners are paying the lions share of our huuuuuuge interest bill' schtick this time.

You got ripped off.
Even if the house is in pristine condition when you move in, normal wear and tear is part of the deal.
Scratches, dings, dents etc etc are normal wear and tear and no Tenancy Tribunal in the land would make a tenant pay for something that is normal wear and tear.
If they threaten to take your bond over normal wear and tear, take them to the Tenancy Tribunal in your state.
If they put a black mark next to your name for daring to take them on, take them to Tenancy Tribunal.

You got ripped off.
Even if the house is in pristine condition when you move in, normal wear and tear is part of the deal.
Scratches, dings, dents etc etc are normal wear and tear and no Tenancy Tribunal in the land would make a tenant pay for something that is normal wear and tear.
If they threaten to take your bond over normal wear and tear, take them to the Tenancy Tribunal in your state.
If they put a black mark next to your name for daring to take them on, take them to Tenancy Tribunal.
Quite good fun actually. We took an agent the tribunal about their unreasonable claims. We had a magistrate presiding (perk of being in a regional area). Didn't have to say a word in the hearing, the agent made such a mess of it that the magistrate ruled in our favour without even asking us to provide evidence.

I actually wondered whether the landlord knew what the agent was asking of us, no doubt they were told that we were being unreasonable and that they would need to pay for the agent to appear on their behalf at the hearing.

We were always amazing tenants, did repairs (generally because getting the agent/landlord was impossible) and always patched up any minor issues before we left.

Only two properties ever had any real issue with. One rental was not cleaned at all when we moved in, it was absolutely disgusting, the previous tenant didnt get the carpets steamed (which was a bit whatever as they were changing the carpet) and it was crawling with fleas and just smelled disgusting. They changed the carpet and it wasnt too bad.

One they dicked us around for ages getting the front door lock fixed and it was on a busy street down from a pub, they also tried to screw us on departure too for cleaning and repairs, i had some time and energy so just went back and did the quickest cheapest patch and clean jobs imaginable.

Quite good fun actually. We took an agent the tribunal about their unreasonable claims. We had a magistrate presiding (perk of being in a regional area). Didn't have to say a word in the hearing, the agent made such a mess of it that the magistrate ruled in our favour without even asking us to provide evidence.

I actually wondered whether the landlord knew what the agent was asking of us, no doubt they were told that we were being unreasonable and that they would need to pay for the agent to appear on their behalf at the hearing.

Most of the time the landlord isn't even aware the agent has taken the tenant to the tribunal and by the time the landlord finds out it is too late to back out. "we paid the fees", "your insurance will cover our costs" bla-bla-bla.

A threat of taking the agent to the Tribunal is often enough because there is a lot of them who have bad reputations at the Tribunal. There is no precedent allowed in Tribunal hearings, but Tribunal members run into the dodgy agents enough to know their game.

I rather enjoyed this opinion piece: Housing may be the third rail for Labor’s second-term pitch

The Greens have definitely outflanked Labor on housing.
Also, heartening to see such a pro-Greens piece, which takes their housing policies seriously, in a Nine newspaper.

I’d been despairing, having written several letters to the SMH recently pointing out the Greens opposition to the HAFF was not “grandstanding”; that their opposition to it was based on the considered opinion that it was junk.

None of them got published, the Letters editors preferring to run with the “yet again the Greens prove their irrelevance” tiresome stereotypes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back