Anthony Albanese - How long?

How long for Albo?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're struggling to pay rent you're hardly going to give money to your local member in a brown paper bag, are you? What are politicians supposed to do? It's almost like you want them to consider the majority!
Worryingly, in my view politicians don't need to consider the majority when it comes to donations. If Australia becomes twice as rich, with that extra money concentrated into few hands, those hands would still make great donors.

Probably the only time I’ll be saying these words, but unless someone can make a sound economic argument to convince me, I’m with Littleproud on this one.

It’ll be a moot point after Wednesday but I always thought the public holiday was if they made the final? Given its a Sunday night it’s not like they can say, oh tomorrow’s a public holiday if they win but they lose and you’ve got to go to work!

It’ll be a moot point after Wednesday but I always thought the public holiday was if they made the final? Given its a Sunday night it’s not like they can say, oh tomorrow’s a public holiday if they win but they lose and you’ve got to go to work!
Nah, if they win, they’ll nominate a date for the public holiday in the coming week or two and have a parade somewhere.

Nah, if they win, they’ll nominate a date for the public holiday in the coming week or two and have a parade somewhere.

I was hoping he was thinking more a recovery day after the final, would have been ideal it’s supposed to be our first day back in the office after a month wfh 😂

On Albo, I see he inserted himself onto the ground for the penalty shootout and was hugging everyone in the team 😬

not sure why the apoplexy. turners was an all-in rightist when p.m. was instrumental in stacking the a.b.c board and quite happy to use his chairman m8 - who later had to resign - to do his bidding. f**k off.

not sure why the apoplexy. turners was an all-in rightist when p.m. was instrumental in stacking the a.b.c board and quite happy to use his chairman m8 - who later had to resign - to do his bidding. f**k off.

probably don't like the public seeing how they're all chums when the camera's aren't there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can i refer to you on a first name basis, 'not'?;)
Allow David Cross GIF

Probably the only time I’ll be saying these words, but unless someone can make a sound economic argument to convince me, I’m with Littleproud on this one.

I don't

I do agree with the casuals pointing out they'll not be able to pay bills when they lose a days work though

that's not a problem with public holidays though, same as businesses having to pay staff for them

its the ones that don't that are the issue

Because he knifed their boy, that mutt abbott.
All he has to do is turn his head to the left and they'd melt.

newscorp scum

We asked our local coffee shop if they will be open and they advised that they can't afford the wages on public holidays so they will be closed and the staff (all casual but the owner and her husband) will lose a day's pay. They are already cutting back on late night shopping and Sunday hours as wages is the only bill they can cut with rent, supplies, power etc all going up and up.

Disappointing that Albo is resorting to cheap populism rather than dealing with issues like housing, cost of living etc. Being better than the LNP isn't enough to keep voting for them when there are better minor party and independent options.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This public holiday thing is weird on a lot of levels.

1. There's no shortage of creative ways for Albo to bank the goodwill without doing casuals out of a day of work. Any number of stadiums to rename in perpetuity. Any number of medals to hand out. Any number of photo opportunities.

2. It sets up a poor comparasion between that and any rewards/thanks they may receive if they fail to go the whole way.

3. PM's usually find comfort in the handcuffs the constitution places on them regarding state matters (cf. housing), this shoots a hole in that.

4. He talks up delivering something he has no control over. What if a Premier doesn't bail him out on this one?

5. More pressing issues for national cabinet to concern themselves with.

And also for those more superstitious,

A. There's plenty of time to worry about this when the job is done FFS.

People actually whinging about getting a public holiday? Huh? Sounds like heaven
Two groups are unhappy.

Thosw that have to pay penalty rates / pay staff for a day off.

The people who are casual that will get told not to come in.

I have sympathy for the second group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back