Movie Apocalypse movies (and TV) for these troubling times

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif
Most depressing movie i've ever seen

The Last Man on Earth (TV) was a comedy about life in 2020 after a virus had wiped out 99% of humanity.

Yeah.
its actually really funny, lost its way in the last series then got canned.

- Contagion - Just re-watched, eerily similar to what is happening now.
- Snowpiercer - Underrated (Or under appreciated due to Harvey Weinstein trying to bury it)
- Mad Max Fury Road
- I am Legend

-Book of Eli and Day After Tomorrow - Both decent, not great but fun watches in their own regard.
This world today reminds me of Contagion.
Remembered watching and felt so hopeless. A fiction. Humanity can act and be that selfish. Movies have to have a good ending, right? Eye opener.
Eerie to what is happening now. Almost identical animal to human transmission on account of poor hygiene. Traces its roots as a spreader.

Ppffttt. I am insulted. That crap has nothing on the Tom Savini led original.

The link is only the theatrical release which is quite cut so if you can try to find the version called “extended mall hours”. Has the children being massacred as well as more indepth focus on the housing commission raid in the beginning plus more extreme effects in the shopping mall scenes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go for the original 5 hour version if you get the chance. Preferably in German. That will show you how “depressing” life can be. 👍
yeah i don't remember chuckling too much in the part i watched.

Incredibly scary stuff. The fact most kids these days have no understanding of how horrific that war was to give us our freedom today is the most depressing thing of all.

“Ok boomer” 🙄😢

Foxtel showing a couple of Mad Max movies back to back tonight. The first Mad Max is on now, followed by the sequel, Mad Max 2.

Foxtel showing a couple of Mad Max movies back to back tonight. The first Mad Max is on now, followed by the sequel, Mad Max 2.
Part 2 is just one of the best movies I have ever seen. Possibly watched it over 200x on VHS back in the day. Virginia Hey was sooo hot to a teenage boy. 🥰😇🙏🏼

Remove this Banner Ad

Back