Roast Area for Rowdy Supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

If the dogs would have their own Bay 13 I would definitely sit in there. Would be rowdy, loud, and fun. Would also sink as many beers as you want there too.

I stopped buying reserved seats a few years ago because I was told to pull my head in from a fellow "supporter". Now stand behind the players race.
That moron who wrote about booing in the paper lives in a suburb of Melbourne, lol! Sure loves Adelaide. No one booed the player except to put 'Em off or when the was a dubious free. By God, if the writer Reakons Bulldog supporters a bad, she certainly doesn't get out to the footy much.

I agree with the sentiment, but I hate the idea of having an allocated bay. What happens is it gets coopted as a means of further controlling and exploiting behaviour for commercial purposes. If the bay exists, it then gives an opportunity for the Club, security etc to crack down on normal behaviour elsewhere in the ground. Then you get corralled into that area and they plaster advertising all over your space and limit what you can and can't do anyway. All in the pursuit of the "family friendly" utopian ideal that doesn't actually exist and is only used as an arbitrary measure to stamp out things that are different, or new or have generated organically and might not be on brand.

Completely agree. Another thing is that, if you have a de facto supporters' "bay" in the General Admission area, then if others find it disruptive or distracting they can easily move to another area of the ground - which essentially makes it their problem, not the rowdier fans'.

On the other hand, keeping it independent of the club, and avoiding having an official presence, raises a number of issues that can each be taken as a negative or a positive:
  • it gives the idea the chance to grow organically
  • uptake and awareness among non-BigFooty Bulldogs fans will take longer
  • without a designated person "in charge", it greatly reduces the chance of it just being one person starting the chants - which would essentially make it a second cheer squad

i wish they got rid of the old people in the cheer squad and moved them to another bay

You should check out a couple of movies, Logan's Run and Wild in the Streets, I think you'd like them :D

I think about this regularly. Level 3 is flat and everywhere else is reserved seating. The cheersquad lacks creativity, boisterousness and is still stuck with its old culture (older demographic, doggie, doggie, doggie, reserved supporters and lets go doggies lets go etc.). As well as apparently a dry area and a little too family friendly.
Something needs to change. I think our overall atmosphere and how our cheersquad is perceived has an effect on our ability to grow as a supporter base and draw bigger crowds.

If you want atmosphere, drinking, loud chanting etc. stand behind the goals just outside of the locker room. This for our away games attracts what your looking for, eg: singing the theme song from the 20 min mark of the last quarter. Its only the away games, for home everyone goes back to their reserved seat.

If you want atmosphere, drinking, loud chanting etc. stand behind the goals just outside of the locker room. This for our away games attracts what your looking for, eg: singing the theme song from the 20 min mark of the last quarter. Its only the away games, for home everyone goes back to their reserved seat.

I have have probably bumped into a few BF Bulldogs in Aisle 33. The regular Bulldog chanter was a little under the weather people around me were saying. Wondering who took it over on Sunday.

I stopped buying reserved seats a few years ago because I was told to pull my head in from a fellow "supporter". Now stand behind the players race.
That moron who wrote about booing in the paper lives in a suburb of Melbourne, lol! Sure loves Adelaide. No one booed the player except to put 'Em off or when the was a dubious free. By God, if the writer Reakons Bulldog supporters a bad, she certainly doesn't get out to the footy much.

Just depends the type of supporters you get with reserved seats. I've been very happy with the folks around me.

Just depends the type of supporters you get with reserved seats. I've been very happy with the folks around me.

Sunday was my first game with reserved seats, Aisle 34 on L2. There are a couple of oldies seated behind me that constantly demanded that we play man on man, no matter how tactically/situationally inappropriate and despite us winning comfortably. I can already tell it's going to drive me mental.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We must know eachother. That is what me and a few others do aswell

I have have probably bumped into a few BF Bulldogs in Aisle 33. The regular Bulldog chanter was a little under the weather people around me were saying. Wondering who took it over on Sunday.
There a little story there, he is p*ssed off at the club. He volunteers for Footscray and isn't happy they don't want any help in the seniors.

I got the chant going this week, I wear the old woolen bulldog jumper about 15 to 20 rows back, loud voice. Go with my Dad every week. Come up and say hello next home game.

There a little story there, he is p*ssed off at the club. He volunteers for Footscray and isn't happy they don't want any help in the seniors.

I got the chant going this week, I wear the old woolen bulldog jumper about 15 to 20 rows back, loud voice. Go with my Dad every week. Come up and say hello next home game.

Are you in Row L Aisle 33?

Sunday was my first game with reserved seats, Aisle 34 on L2. There are a couple of oldies seated behind me that constantly demanded that we play man on man, no matter how tactically/situationally inappropriate and despite us winning comfortably. I can already tell it's going to drive me mental.

Be sure not to spit on me from there mate!

And tell the flog that sits up there to stop yelling out to Riewoldt telling him to put his doodle away cos we've all see it. He needs new material :p

I'm on the end of 34 (the weeks I get there) and the people around me are great. My 7yo son upset the lady in front by yelling in the vicinity of her ear at the GWS game last year, but she is sweet. There is a Scottish guy that sits somewhere behind me who I can hear cursing every other week

Will be in that exact place come Saturday night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back