Game Day Around The Grounds - 1st Prelim - Collingwood v GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

With Degoey on the bench for the last nine minutes they had an opportunity to throw Greene into the middle they really needed to get him into the game to create some chances going forward …

Really hoped GWS would win not only to knock Collingwood out, but I think they'd be an easier GF opponent if we make it.

If they'd won, the GF would be their 4th interstate game in a row which would have been incredibly tough. They looked a little gassed in the last quarter vs Collingwood and didn't have quite the same powerful running we'd seen the last few weeks.

So we have to get past the Lions and the Pies to win the flag? Easy peasy i say bring it on.👍

If we do hopefully get past the Lions, then all the pressure will be on the Pies in the grand final imo.

Can they do what no Collingwood team has managed to do in one hundred and thirteen years, beat Carlton in the big one?

If it's the Lions then Pies fans will have flashbacks of 2002 and 2003. Either way the Pies will be playing an opponent, who has the wood on them in grand finals.

Hopefully that opponent will be Carlton. Whoever wins tomorrow will win the flag imo.

Last edited:
Giants have been winning free flowing contests. We've been scrapping and grinding out our wins. That game tonight would have played to our strengths.

Genuinely feel you guys are going to get up tomorrow.

Love to hate you guys, but good luck (can't believe I have just said that to Carlton fans.) Footy has been starved of a final, let alone grand final between 2 of Carl, Coll and Ess - so make it happen.

The result of the potential match will come down to two things, if we can limit the impact Curnow has and who wins the midfield battle.

no point visiting the gws board - it's done at 9 pages and that includes the game posts - just filling now with nauseating neutral club supporters, pretending they care..........
Geez, we'd go through more than 9 pages in a quarter of footy

With Degoey on the bench for the last nine minutes they had an opportunity to throw Greene into the middle they really needed to get him into the game to create some chances going forward …
They had Briggs on the bench for the last 4 minutes. Terrible to have your number one ruckman benched at such a crucial stage.

The Giants had a few passengers, 4 of them in the forward line, Bedford, Daniels, Riccardi and O’Keefe were all dismal. Riccardi was lazy and soft.
Briggs got smashed in the ruck and Taylor also had a crap game.

Fair effort to get so close and probably should have won.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuinely feel you guys are going to get up tomorrow.

Love to hate you guys, but good luck (can't believe I have just said that to Carlton fans.) Footy has been starved of a final, let alone grand final between 2 of Carl, Coll and Ess - so make it happen.

The result of the potential match will come down to two things, if we can limit the impact Curnow has and who wins the midfield battle.

1943 Tigers v Bombers
1980 Tigers v Pies
1981 Blues v Pies
1982 Blues v Tigers
1990 Pies v Bombers
1993 Bombers v Blues

30 years since any of the big 4 have faced each other in a GF.

did aph just say "gawd blimey"? well, did she? well?

Yep, Aph did say that. And I almost fell off my chair because I thought I was in our PF game day thread and my immediate thought was that we had a big late out.

1695450416315.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back