Game Day Around The Grounds Rounds 16 - 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Scache doing his best Liam Jones impression

Nathan Wilson to get 3 weeks for his tunneling mark attempt on poor Buddy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't you just love how abandoned this thread is? Isn't it just great that there's no-one taking any joy in the footy?

In past years, people have come here to have a look at the games after ours, even if only to laugh at Collingwood, Richmond or Essendon. Now, there's a Tiger's loss at the G by 6 goals, resigning them to 9th position, and there's no-one here.

Wonder why. Couldn't be because in rounds past posters have come along to remind the people who used to populate this thread and enjoy the footy that we're s**t, and that no time can be taken away from us remembering that we're s**t. You're not allowed to enjoy Richmond losing or Collingwood getting smashed; no, you've got to hand me that rod to beat myself with.

Look at what you've created. Emptier than the stands at the G.

Don't you just love how abandoned this thread is? Isn't it just great that there's no-one taking any joy in the footy?

In past years, people have come here to have a look at the games after ours, even if only to laugh at Collingwood, Richmond or Essendon. Now, there's a Tiger's loss at the G by 6 goals, resigning them to 9th position, and there's no-one here.

Wonder why. Couldn't be because in rounds past posters have come along to remind the people who used to populate this thread and enjoy the footy that we're sh*t, and that no time can be taken away from us remembering that we're sh*t. You're not allowed to enjoy Richmond losing or Collingwood getting smashed; no, you've got to hand me that rod to beat myself with.

Look at what you've created. Emptier than the stands at the G.
Not only has this club soured our season since that loss to Eagles (that was the loss which caused a big drop in excitement and care factor for me). It has also soured me from watching other games, especially the top 4-6 as it is frustrating to see what we could be but have only been a bottom 4 side for 6-7 years.

It’s mentally challenging supporting this club, can’t even take solace in our rivals losing matches anymore :(

essendon could be in the 8 tonight, 1 game clear.

dodoro , the laughing stock, everyone wanted to leave, rats jumping off a ship, wooden spoon for sure they said.
clearly once the pharmacist left , things improved.

what did we do? called him out to help Teague. benny hill sh1te, seriously

essendon could be in the 8 tonight, 1 game clear.

dodoro , the laughing stock, everyone wanted to leave, rats jumping off a ship, wooden spoon for sure they said.
clearly once the pharmacist left , things improved.

what did we do? called him out to help Teague. benny hill sh1te, seriously
The only progression we have shown is in the natural development of the players who were drafted in 2015.

Imagine Weitering at the Lions right now with Andrews etc 😮 what sort of further development would he have had under Fagan.

The only progression we have shown is in the natural development of the players who were drafted in 2015.

Imagine Weitering at the Lions right now with Andrews etc 😮 what sort of further development would he have had under Fagan.
sydney swans was a basket case, rebuild time they said. bl00dy hell
we are cursed, a magnet for idiots

Ralphy going with Charlie Curnow returning this week.

Not only has this club soured our season since that loss to Eagles (that was the loss which caused a big drop in excitement and care factor for me). It has also soured me from watching other games, especially the top 4-6 as it is frustrating to see what we could be but have only been a bottom 4 side for 6-7 years.

It’s mentally challenging supporting this club, can’t even take solace in our rivals losing matches anymore :(
This thread and others like it used to be pretty busy during the games. Used to have a host of posters who watched most of the games, and it'd be good.

For months there, every time a group of us would post about a game or start to show signs of enjoyment at another side's losing, someone would come in and contextualise; remember we lost to them, right? Isn't so funny that Richmond are losing and in ninth when you're reminded that we lost to them, is it? Lol at the people laughing at collingwood's misfortune when we lost to them in round 2!

It's not just the fact that we're s**t, but the fact that we have not been allowed to escape the fact that we're s**t because some posters on this forum seem to enjoy the pain of their fellows. At no point is football allowed to be more than Carlton's failure.

At least, according to some Carlton supporters.

This thread and others like it used to be pretty busy during the games. Used to have a host of posters who watched most of the games, and it'd be good.

For months there, every time a group of us would post about a game or start to show signs of enjoyment at another side's losing, someone would come in and contextualise; remember we lost to them, right? Isn't so funny that Richmond are losing and in ninth when you're reminded that we lost to them, is it? Lol at the people laughing at collingwood's misfortune when we lost to them in round 2!

It's not just the fact that we're sh*t, but the fact that we have not been allowed to escape the fact that we're sh*t because some posters on this forum seem to enjoy the pain of their fellows. At no point is football allowed to be more than Carlton's failure.

At least, according to some Carlton supporters.
Its beyond this. The hubris has been smacked out of us over the years. When other teams have been declared a rabble at the start of the season, they are thriving beyond us right now. This is hard to watch - EVERY WEEK

Even Collingwood getting smashed means little

Sad

Its beyond this. The hubris has been smacked out of us over the years. When other teams have been declared a rabble at the start of the season, they are thriving beyond us right now. This is hard to watch - EVERY WEEK

Sad
Swans spent 2 years in the bottom 4 to reset and now they are a genuine top 5 side in the comp.

Sad
Not every single thread in a discussion forum needs to be about the same thing. This thread is about the other games; it's for discussion, conversation, commiseration, enjoyment.

Seeing as you're clearly approaching this from a different side than I am, I'll ask you this: if I can find enjoyment in richmond losing to geelong at the G this afternoon, would you really begrudge me that?

If Carlton supporters also kind of just enjoy footy, does that enjoyment have to be constrained to expression elsewhere, away from the Carlton bigfooty board?

I'm going to be honest here. When I signed up to this website, I was living in Geelong. I was a student, I had no job, and I was dirt poor. My uncle - who I conversed with daily about footy - had passed away in his late sixties, and the rest of my family either weren't interested in footy to the degree I was and/or treated it as an opportunity for banter. And while I like banter, I also like to talk footy in earnest, and I wasn't going to get it from them.

Finding this forum was terrific for me. It opened my eyes to other ways to see the game, to the history of the various clubs and to our history. I've said it before, but I read more than I post; given how often I post on here now, that must sound a mite dubious, but it's true. I read constantly in my life; if I'm not actively doing something, I'm reading.

So the fact that this thread is dead because some Carlton fans made it yet another reminder of our ineptitude makes me kind of sad, but also a little angry.

I take comfort from seeing the truism that injuries to key players can make coaches and teams look like rubbish. Have Richmond got more significant outs than Carlton - really. Or is it as simple as no Dustbin Martin no Richmond? Also go Giants - I hate Essendone. Also EAD Collingwood/ Hawforn / Aints - almost a perfect weekend coming up - except for a rather nasty loss at the hands of Norfs - the nasty bit was the surtprise more than the result - for obvious reasons.

GO Giants.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back