News Assistant Coaches Speculation and News - Xavier Clarke joins

Remove this Banner Ad

Not saying he wouldn't make a good coach, but would be cautious seeing as there must have been a reason the Dogs let him go so quickly.
was leaking info to the tigers whilst still at doggies

There was an article about the dogs and Montgomery splitting and the end of the home and away season to look for senior opportunities as he was still disappointed he didnt get the top job there when bevo was appointed

There was an article about the dogs and Montgomery splitting and the end of the home and away season to look for senior opportunities as he was still disappointed he didnt get the top job there when bevo was appointed

He will coach the Lions and get them back to the top and give us windburn going past us...dudes that are ruthless dont * around and tend to be winners

Lambo will never come back to tigerland. The club was about to shaft him back when.
Pressa has done his appreticeship and has coached in the WAFL..
Maxie aint gunna touch us with a 100m pole..
Prescott is currently at Gold Coast. Looks like he might be the only one with a chance to come back.

I'm pretty sure it had something to do with this new deadline for telling assistants whether they would have a contract in the next season. Bulldogs wouldn't guarantee him, so he decided to look elsewhere. There was a bit of acrimony, but probably more that Montgomery was disappointed.

RETIRED Richmond defender Troy Chaplin this week interviewed for a position on Damien Hardwick's panel as he looks to make the immediate transition from player to coach.

Chaplin announced his retirement after round 16 and moved straight into a role assisting the Tigers' coaches for the final six weeks of the season.

He impressed in the role and is among the candidates now pushing to fill several vacant positions at the Tigers after the club chose to bring fresh voices in alongside Hardwick.

New football manager Neil Balme and Dan Richardson, who has taken on the role of general manager of football talent, are heading up the coach search.

At the time of Chaplin's retirement, Richardson said, "We are delighted that he has agreed to remain at the club in a coaching capacity. Troy has a great football brain and there is little doubt he has a bright future as a coach."

Balme this week spoke about the importance of appointing the right people to assist Hardwick, whose only remaining assistant from 2016 will be backline coach Ben Rutten.

The veteran football administrator and Tigers premiership player said the coach would benefit from having the right people around him, including Blake Caracella, who was appointed last week.

"'Dimma' hasn't made all the decisions on how the coaching set-up will be, but obviously Blake is a senior assistant in some essence in that he's capable of doing any of the five disciples in it," Balme told the club's website.

"Whether it's when we've got the ball, they've got the ball, forward, back or midfield – he's got experience in all of those things.

"He's a really smart coach and he's done a lot of work in footy and I think he'll bring a hell of a lot to this program."

Sacked Brisbane Lions coach Justin Leppitsch is also in the mix to return to Punt Road, where he was an assistant to Hardwick between 2010 and 2013.

He is also due to meet with two other Melbourne-based clubs this week.

Richmond has spoken to Brisbane Lions senior candidate Brett Montgomery as it searches for at least three more assistant coaches after Port Adelaide premiership coach Mark Williams and assistants Ross Smith and Greg Mellor departed last month.

Hardwick's right-hand man Brendon Lade also left the club to take up a long-term position with former club Port Adelaide.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-...aplin-ready-to-make-jump-from-player-to-coach

they encouraged Newey to get experience at a different club, why not chappy?

who said they encouraged Newy? Newman had that gig all wrapped up way before he hung up the boots...the club had nothing to do with it. Lets put it this way, if you had half a brain would you want to be an assistant under you know who, knowing what a master of the game he is?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They must be impressed with Chaplin and don't want to lose him

Sounds like caracella will play an active role in coaching us, and making decisions on game day.

They must be supremely impressed with Chaplin...see if you can see how impressed Balme was from the following:

New football manager Neil Balme and Dan Richardson, who has taken on the role of general manager of football talent, are heading up the coach search.

At the time of Chaplin's retirement, Richardson said, "We are delighted that he has agreed to remain at the club in a coaching capacity. Troy has a great football brain and there is little doubt he has a bright future as a coach."

Balme this week spoke about the importance of appointing the right people to assist Hardwick, whose only remaining assistant from 2016 will be backline coach Ben Rutten.

The veteran football administrator and Tigers premiership player said the coach would benefit from having the right people around him, including Blake Caracella, who was appointed last week.

"'Dimma' hasn't made all the decisions on how the coaching set-up will be, but obviously Blake is a senior assistant in some essence in that he's capable of doing any of the five disciples in it," Balme told the club's website.

"Whether it's when we've got the ball, they've got the ball, forward, back or midfield – he's got experience in all of those things.

"He's a really smart coach and he's done a lot of work in footy and I think he'll bring a hell of a lot to this program."

Now can you pinpoint how impressed Balme is with Caracella and then pinpoint me to where he is head over heels with Chaplin and how he "has chosen to stay on as coach" ?

Lmaooo....thank god we have someone with a clue making the desicions now instead of Dan.

They must be supremely impressed with Chaplin...see if you can see how impressed Balme was from the following:

Now can you pinpoint how impressed Balme is with Caracella and then pinpoint me to where he is head over heels with Chaplin and how he "has chosen to stay on as coach" ?

Lmaooo....thank god we have someone with a clue making the desicions now instead of Dan.

Lol it's all about caracella

Lol it's all about caracella

because he is our next senior coach.

they won't say it but the hint is loud and clear.

thats how I see it anyway, could be wishful thinking.

I wouldn't be suprised if he actually did all the coaching next year, and Dimma was just the face of the club.

Last edited:
He will be ours if he does not get the lions job which i think he wont. God we need him. I believe we will be all about run and pressure next year, he will be integral to that with the IP he could bring.

Seriously disagree with you here dust. When Leppa was with us, our team had the 2nd and 3rd best defense in the league. Also our boys when Leppa was with us, rarely if ever lost by 10 goals. With both Truck and Leppa, both when players with a huge amount of pride and sense of team working together will only be a good thing.

Sometimes you learn more about something when you fail at it the first time round. One of the biggest strengths of Leppa when he was with us, was that he filled our players with confidence. Speak to any tiger player who was coached when Leppa was at our club would say that. Some blokes you hate facing if you don't give 100% come game day. From what I heard Leppa was that type of assistant coach for us.

It's the reason he got pinched so quickly. He will work wonders with our young kids and also improve our ability to stick with it when the going gets tough. I rate Leppa extremely highly. I would love to see Leppa become our midfield coach. He would rip them to shreads if they dont give 100%
I could probably tell you what that IP is already- Carry the ball in two hands out in front, at the slightest hint of contact direct your arms to a teamate and just drop the ball.

because he is our next senior coach.

they won't say it but the hint is loud and clear.

thats how I see it anyway, could be wishful thinking.

I wouldn't be suprised if he actually did all the coaching next year, and Dimma was just the face of the club.
LOL, do people actually think this or hope this, Caracella will be the next coach of Collingwood and will more than likely be their coach in 2018.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back