Test AUSTRALIA v SOUTH AFRICA Third Test. Jan 4-8: SCG, 10.30am AEDT

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Channel 7 HD footage showed it was a clear catch. Labuschagne would have seen it go clearly into the hands.
He then starting acting like it definately hit the ground to influence the incompetant 3rd umpire.
That's why people don't like the Australian cricket team, selfish players concerned about their averages ,never had a real job and they try and trick umpires.
Gilchrist would have walked instantly.

Disagree on this one mate. It is hard to tell and being debated on slow mo replay - there is no way Marnus "knew it carried". In fact, I would say the replays show it hit the ground, as did the third umpire.

I can maybe cop that some posters think it carried (I'm not sure how looking at the replays) but the idea that Marnus is a bad sport cause he knew for certain is ridiculous. It took 25 slow mos to draw a conclusion- and the conclusion was the opposite of what you think was 'certain' live?

Jesus christ just call the whole thing off, if we can't have artificial light in use right now what's the point? This type of s**t will be the death of test cricket.
On another note I can't understand why we aren't using the pink ball for this test anyways!? Makes too much sense I guess
I’m not in Sydney, so can’t comment on what the actual illumination is like, but the camera doesn’t give an accurate view at all, quite the opposite in fact - they’re designed to keep the light balanced.

Hey Sydney, it's 29 degrees without a single f*ckin' cloud in the sky over here in Perth. We have one of the best stadiums in the world. Jus sayin'....

You had a test very few turned up

They should just have an international standard of a light reading (that is much lower than we currently use). That way its the same everywhere, this nonsense I just heard on the commentary that this current reading that everyone just 'felt' was too dark is the same reading to use for the rest of the test is a joke. Just have it as '200' for every test, every country, no matter the time of the day.

The fact that its darker and hard to see should be no more than a tidbit of information and taken advantage of/avoided the same way humidity or extremely hot weather is.

"Its getting dark, we better declare soon and get these boys in and roll through a few of them while its tough for them"

Hey Sydney, it's 29 degrees without a single f*ckin' cloud in the sky over here in Perth. We have one of the best stadiums in the world. Jus sayin'....
That 6 people went to for the last test that was played there! I love Perth and the stadium is great, but geez guys, if you actually go and watch the test cricket that is played there you might be a chance of getting some more.

I’m not in Sydney, so can’t comment on what the actual illumination is like, but the camera doesn’t give an accurate view at all, quite the opposite in fact - they’re designed to keep the light balanced.
Should just keep the game going on TV then

The Channel 7 HD footage showed it was a clear catch. Labuschagne would have seen it go clearly into the hands.
He then starting acting like it definately hit the ground to influence the incompetant 3rd umpire.
That's why people don't like the Australian cricket team, selfish players concerned about their averages ,never had a real job and they try and trick umpires.

One of the reasons Gilchrist is one of the most respected Australian cricketers, that being said he could afford to walk as his place was never in doubt.

Other players don't have that luxury so they are less likely to walk if that could cost them their place in the team. Labuschagne isn't one of them though.

They should just have an international standard of a light reading (that is much lower than we currently use). That way its the same everywhere, this nonsense I just heard on the commentary that this current reading that everyone just 'felt' was too dark is the same reading to use for the rest of the test is a joke. Just have it as '200' for every test, every country, no matter the time of the day.

The fact that its darker and hard to see should be no more than a tidbit of information and taken advantage of/avoided the same way humidity or extremely hot weather is.

"Its getting dark, we better declare soon and get these boys in and roll through a few of them while its tough for them"
I thought a while ago that there was an accepted minimum? Was watching a game in NZ and they actually showed the reading on the light meter. May have misremembered

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but very few turn up. The new stadium has boring autobahn pitches. Perth has little to recommend it.

Which angle showed it clearly? Listen, I’m not sure why I’m bothering here, as you are a total goose, but Labs waited for the 3rd ump to have a look, after the on field umps asked for it. He’s done absolutely nothing wrong. If you can’t understand that, then I can’t help you.
On SEN Whately and Fleming said the 3rd umpire didn't have the 7 HD footage which showed it was a clear catch.
They also said the 3rd umpire Kettleborough made a clear mistake by going beyond his remit when there was no conclusive footage from the FOX cameras which he was using.
You need conclusive proof to overturn. The decision was wrong, Labuschagne cheated and you're the goose not me.

Settle down ya *ing hero

That 6 people went to for the last test that was played there! I love Perth and the stadium is great, but geez guys, if you actually go and watch the test cricket that is played there you might be a chance of getting some more.
Yeah I'm sure the crowds in Melbourne and Sydney would be good if they were against the crapest teams like the West Indies and in November when everybody is still at work instead of on holidays.

Back