Test AUSTRALIA v SOUTH AFRICA Third Test. Jan 4-8: SCG, 10.30am AEDT

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Had to smile yesterday when Smith got out - someone on here talked about "another Smith brain fade." If he keeps getting out after making a significant score, and one or two others in the top 6 score heavily, we won't be losing too many Tests.

The idea that "it's always raining in Melbourne" from people north of the border I've always found an amusing quirk as I knew that Sydney (and Brisbane) both get more rain. What I didn't know was how much more - with Sydney getting basically double the rainfall that Melbourne gets.

Sydney gets alot of rain all at once. You can go weeks without rain, especially over Winter, but then when it does start you can get day after day of solid rain.

It's been an adjustment living in Tas. Much like Melbourne, it is way more variable throughout the day. You can wake up to drizzle and then within an hour have blue skys.

There are those saying the SCG Trust will never move the NY Pink Test and would rather blow up the stadium first. Well we know most are old fogies living in the dark ages but, heh they need to smell the daisies as conversely the fans may blow up the Trust. As if this is not sufficiently annoying as none of us want to miss one minute of cricket, those old farts sitting in their big offices smoking cigars will cop even more flack when next year they remove parking from Moore Park, forcing everyone to take public transport or park elsewhere off street well away from the ground and risk a fine. I love the SCG, I saw my very first Test there, it is a state sporting icon. But the Trust's thinking needs to get into the 21st century or they can expect empty stadiums in the future.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outrageous.

2 stations, hours of rain delays, and I haven’t seen a ball of some random “Classic odi” game from the early 90s

Used to love the old ODI filler.
Those days left us when the coverage became more about the commentary personalities than the game.
Highlights of an 86/87 Aus-Eng ODI or more screen time for the "talent".

Is there a stat for how many sessions lost?

Because if there is a couple of overs today, technically it isn't a complete day washed out. Would you count day 1 of this Test as a full day or thereabouts?

It happens heaps, sportsmen in most sports not every decline rapidly in there 30s.

Having a convo with mates on new years eve about this and in relation to cricket. Talking about how Messi is still competitive at 35 (as was Ronaldo at that age), and one guy couldn't accept that age is detrimental to cricketers. Reflexes decline with age, but those balls are still coming out of the bowlers hand at 140-150km/hr.

Back