Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be good to see a Tassie product in the NBA.
It’s pretty hard to get a read on his draft stock right now given he’s one who’s pretty much came out of nowhere (you won’t really see him on the mock drafts just yet), but some seem to be pretty high on him. Have seen him floated as a potential first rounder by some draft watchers.

It’s pretty hard to get a read on his draft stock right now given he’s one who’s pretty much came out of nowhere (you won’t really see him on the mock drafts just yet), but some seem to be pretty high on him. Have seen him floated as a potential first rounder by some draft watchers.
I'd reckon he is likely to be a summer league participant at this point - if not picked up, will come to the Jack Jumpers.

EDIT - he may actually get a Giddey-bump and ride the Oz coat-tails into the draft.

Last edited:

I'd reckon he is likely to be a summer league participant at this point - if not picked up, will come to the Jack Jumpers.

EDIT - he may actually get a Giddey-bump and ride the Oz coat-tails into the draft.
He is getting a lot of Giddey comparisons and to be honest he was the first player I thought of as well when I saw some of his passes.

They don't appear to be playing top tier teams. A lot will depend on how his athleticism holds up and whether he can get his three point percentage up.

At a minimum he appears the type of player you could rely on to run your second unit competently. There's a lot of demand for that.

Giddey gave him a shoutout on insta so he'll defs getting some high level exposure in the media
Yeah, today is the second time I’ve seen him give him a shoutout.

Exum playing his first game for Barcelona. Bench minutes currently. It's on Foxtel for anyone interested.
Exum is still for us us to medal at World Champs. Good to see Duop Reath make such an impressive start to his NBL career. Another big man coming through is exceptionally important.

Exum is still for us us to medal at World Champs. Good to see Duop Reath make such an impressive start to his NBL career. Another big man coming through is exceptionally important.

I dunno what this means.

All I know is I have been watching Exum since he got drafted and it has been a really torturous ride.

Sitting at work on my phone watching those original Utah games where his job was to just dribble the ball up and give it to Hayward ... literally thats all he did.

Then it has been injury after injury after injury.

Quin Snyder had him on a ridiculous short string. Shelvin Mack could run around jacking contested jump shots from 18ft and still get 35 mins, but if Exum fouled some dude on a drive, he would be off the court for 5 games.

He should be in the NBA. I don't know why 'good' teams with terrible defences aren't all over him.

Last edited:

Obviously not the same level player, but he looks like Stockton (or a cheap Asian knockoff of) in that clip. Just the movement and passing style.
(Tho Stockton could also score and be an absolute campaigner on defense)

He sounds like a great fit for euro leagues. A 6’5 guard who can dump it into bigs in the post would be pretty highly valued there.

Josh Giddey, Dyson Daniels, Taran Armstrong, and Tyrese Proctor. The next gen coming looks good.

Throw in Josh Green and Thybulle, and the wing/guard depth is very good. Hopefully Philly trades Ben and he plays and finds himself in a much better place mentally and we see him back in Boomers colours.

Last edited:
I’m not going to lie the prospect of Giddey, Armstrong, Daniels and Simmons sharing a floor in the future is an interesting prospect that intrigues me purely because it could both be beautiful and horrible… The possibilities with that passing ability… But that shooting…

Obviously a slim chance it ever occurs, even if they all land on a Boomers team at the same time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not going to lie the prospect of Giddey, Armstrong, Daniels and Simmons sharing a floor in the future is an interesting prospect that intrigues me purely because it could both be beautiful and horrible… The possibilities with that passing ability… But that shooting…

Obviously a slim chance it ever occurs, even if they all land on a Boomers team at the same time.

Watching the shot clock expire as they thread beautiful passes to each other would be wild

Watching the shot clock expire as they thread beautiful passes to each other would be wild
I’m just here for sexy passing, scoreboard be damned.

2023 draft - Tyrese Proctor. 6’4 guard.

Definitely worth noting he isn’t like our other recent guard prospects in that he appears to be a score first guard, or at least a guard capable of creating and getting his own shot.

Supposedly drawing big attention (or already has offers depending on who you trust) from Arizona, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Arizona State, Louisville and St Mary’s.

I’m sure the NBL will throw their hat in the ring as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back