Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a quick update on how some potential Boomers are going in the US college system.
Chima Moneke, a senior, posted 17 points and a season-high 16 rebounds in his team’s win over Northern Colorado, before finishing with another double-double — 19 points and 11 rebounds — in a win over Washington State; the Aggies improving to 5-2 on the season.

Jock Landale is also showing improvement from an excellent year last year. He had a 37-point, 18-rebound performance, in a win over Sacramento State. Landale, a senior, is in for his most productive season yet, but the Gaels have unfortunately gotten off to a shaky start.

But the big improver in recent times has been Xavier Cooks after a poor first two games of the season.
"What a week it’s been for Xavier cooks, arguably the most productive Australian in college basketball right now.
If an efficient 24 points and 10 rebounds in a win over Furman wasn’t enough, the versatile forward then dropped the first triple-double of his career, posting 11 points, 15 rebounds, and 11 assists, in a blowout win over Reinhardt.The senior out of Wollongong managed to score a career-high 31 points, in his team’s loss to Georgia, giving his Big South Player of the Year campaign a nice boost." (multiple sites)

Cooks is the interesting one in terms of the next World Champs. He is 6'8 and can guard multiple positions. He can shoot from deep (is working on consitsency though) and can score in the post. His strength is that he is an excellent passer with a high basketball IQ. As far as the near future he could be an excellent pick as the 11th or twelve man for the Boomers at the World champs with his ability to play and guard multiple positions.

It is hard to get a read on how the college guns will go at international level but it seems Jo Acuil, Matur Maker, Deng Adel, Emmett Naar and the three players mentioned above are all making excellent progress this year and could all be in the frame for the next world champs. Exciting times ahead.

Last edited:
I feel bad for Andrew Bogut, if he was born 10yrs earlier he'd have played with Gaze, Longley, (slammin Sam) McKinnon, (Shane hammer) Heal, and Anstey. If he were born 10yrs later he be playing with this new young team coming through.
Unfortunately he was born between two golden ages of Aussie basketball.
Instead he played with a Paddy mills who was struggling to find his feet (early days) and a host of no name nbl players.
Although he will probably wipe his years with his championship ring and millions of dollars.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2018mock_draft

Deng Adel predicted to go early 2nd round in the upcoming NBA Draft on NBA Draft Net.

Having a look at their final 2017 and 2016 Mock Drafts they are pretty decent estimates even down to second rounders going around the predicted picks so could be a good sign.

He has improved each season...would really help his stock if he could hit 3 pointers at a better clip though.. Don't think he would get drafted if he remains low 30's.

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 5.42.00 AM.png

Does he still play power forward?
Power forward and centre. I love how he pushes up the floor after he gets a rebound. Im tipping he is the starting centre at the next World Champs. Thon struggling at the moment. Baynes and Bogurt to add experience off the bench. Bolden, Simmons, Ingles, Mills and Exum my tip as starting five.

Dejan vasiljevic playing well for Miami- top 10 team.

Keeping Lonnie walker (projected to be a first round pick next year) out of starting lineup/ rotation.

Hitting 43% from deep.
Although at 6'3 and no playmaking to speak of zero chance he gets drafted.

Could be a shooter off the bench for the national team though?

Dejan vasiljevic playing well for Miami- top 10 team.

Keeping Lonnie walker (projected to be a first round pick next year) out of starting lineup/ rotation.

Hitting 43% from deep.
Although at 6'3 and no playmaking to speak of zero chance he gets drafted.

Could be a shooter off the bench for the national team though?

Can anyone tell me how Josh Green is going this season. He seems to be the next great hope.. is there any other potential A graders?
Is deng Adel a chance to be picked up?
Who will be our next NBA export?!

I
Can anyone tell me how Josh Green is going this season. He seems to be the next great hope.. is there any other potential A graders?
Is deng Adel a chance to be picked up?
Who will be our next NBA export?!
I don't really know but I'm thinking unlikely for adel.

Not shooting well enough to be a 3 and d wing project. Only 32% from deep.

Don't believe his defence is elite either.

Not good enough as a pure scorer.

Don't think he has significantly improved from last year either.

Can't see his role on an NBA team.

I don't know about the others.

I

I don't really know but I'm thinking unlikely for adel.

Not shooting well enough to be a 3 and d wing project. Only 32% from deep.

Don't believe his defence is elite either.

Not good enough as a pure scorer.

Don't think he has significantly improved from last year either.

Can't see his role on an NBA team.

I don't know about the others.
Watched Deng Adel play twice this year. Both times the commentators mentioned how good his defence was and that he had improved every year in college. Most draft prediction sites have him getting drafted in the second round. Will probably be sent to a quality overseas league for a year or two if drafted to wok on his outside shot.

Jo Acull is another who's year seems to be gaining momentum. He is on quite a few mock draft boards as going in the second round. Moneke, Landale and Cooks are all a chance too. It is hard to find info on Matur Maker, but he has been mentioned by a few of the draft prediction forums as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He looks pretty nuts.

A 6”6 SG is pretty much perfect to compliment what we have.

That video has been removed. I assume it’s Josh Green? Just upped to 19 in the country and 5 star recruit. He gets better every game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That video has been removed. I assume it’s Josh Green? Just upped to 19 in the country and 5 star recruit. He gets better every game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, it is.

Video is still there for me though?

Plenty of value as a rim protector and leader for a young team.

7 footers who can play don't grow on trees despite being the height of one.

But whether he can still play is the big question mark right now.

I think clubs will look at him, as they did in the off-season, but I'm not even sure if any clubs want to throw the veteran minimum at him at this stage.

No young, non-playoff, team is gonna waste a roster spot IMO.
His best bet is to try and get to a playoff team that is lacking big man depth, to be that 11th/12th man who 'might' be able to play a role in the playoffs if needed.

Although the buy-out might suggest that there is some interest out there.

Landale is having himself a moment. Mary's beat Gonzaga on the back of his big game, should be ranked by next week.

Will be very cool to see him in the tourney, asserting himself as a second-round pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back