Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

A quick update on another Aussie in the NBA Mangok Mathiang. He is playing pretty well in the G Leage and averaging 11 points and 9 board a game while gaining praise from his coaches for his work ethic, hustle and team orientated play. Has the security of a two year two way contract from the Charlotte Hornets which he signed in August. What that means is that he can alternate between playing NBA games and the G League for the next two years. Another player who will be in consideration for the next World Champs and Olympics. Australia's big man depth is improving rapidly.

If anyone watched the last Olympics Joe Ingles struggled significantly with his shot in most games. If he was shooting the ball as well as he is now we would have medled for sure. He is currently second in the NBA for three point percentage and playing a key role in the recent Utah surge while having the best month of his career stats wise. Very excited by the Boomers prospects the next World champs and beyond.
My current starting five by the World Champs would be:
C: Aron Baynes for his defence and low post scoring.
PF defence Pg on offence Simmons
SF: Slo Mo Jo
SG: Dante Exum
PG: Mills

Bench:
C: T.Maker
PF/C: Bolden
Pg/sg Delly
sg Adel
sg/sf Broekhof
C: Landale
12th man M.Maker/Motum/Cooks or Mathiang

Another recent plus Thon Maker isn't starring but definitely showing improvement as the season goes on.

We could play the shuffle style offence that the Melbourne Tigers played when Andrew Gaze was there with so much play making on the court.
Love Dante but if you're playing Simmons and Baynes you need more shooting from that spot to open the floor. Delly most likely.

Love Dante but if you're playing Simmons and Baynes you need more shooting from that spot to open the floor. Delly most likely.
You've got 2 top tier NBA 3Pt shooters there. I don't mind the balance if Dante can hit the midrange.

Not sure if I can post portions of articles here but.. please remove if not allowed

From draftexpress:

“Josh Green | 6-6 | PG/SG
Australia | Age: 17.2

The breakout performer of the camp, Green was a rightful MVP and proved to be one of the top NBA prospects in attendance. The Australian guard combines excellent physical tools (6-5 barefoot, 6-10 wingspan) with a strong frame, smooth athleticism and a polished skill set, operating on the ball almost full time and showing an innate ability to operate at different speeds and create for both himself and his teammates at a very high level. Green has excellent footwork and body control, handling the ball on a string, seeing both sides of the court and using his vision unselfishly. He has very soft touch on his floaters and can make a pull-up from the mid-range, but he's still figuring out the nuances of finishing aggressively around the basket and has yet to fully extend his jumper out to 3 consistently (career 34 percent on 3s, 67 perfect on free throws, according to Krossover). His release is a little slow and low, but he has soft touch and the ball comes out of his hand nicely, leaving room for optimism regarding his ability to improve in this area.

He competes defensively as well, thanks to his quick feet and long arms, and shows good instincts getting in the passing lanes, making him arguably the most complete player at the camp with plenty of upside to continue to improve as well. Ranked in the 20s by most recruiting analysts, Green made a strong case for himself as a top-10 player in the 2019 class and is likely to emerge as an intriguing NBA prospect down the road as well if he continues to improve his shooting. -- Jonathan Givony”

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...prospects-2018-basketball-borders-global-camp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 7.23.52 AM.png

Kouat Noi quietly having a great freshman year at TCU
6'7 Sudanese origin Aussie

Started off a bench player playing ~15 mins a game but his play has earned him a starting spot.
Shooting the lights out from 3.
Doesn't seem to do much outside of that though.

View attachment 463025

Kouat Noi quietly having a great freshman year at TCU
6'7 Sudanese origin Aussie

Started off a bench player playing ~15 mins a game but his play has earned him a starting spot.
Shooting the lights out from 3.
Doesn't seem to do much outside of that though.

Great to hear, we need 3 point shooting on the wings.

You've got 2 top tier NBA 3Pt shooters there. I don't mind the balance if Dante can hit the midrange.
The best team in international play, like the NBA spread the floor with shooters. Having three non-shooters just won't work for extended minutes. We have the players to be able to do it so we should. Could bring exum and thon/bolden in for delly and baynes, we don't need all our most talented players to be on court at once if it doesn't work stylistically

In other news Chima Moneke has been suspended by his college team since February the 8th. The coaches arent saying why, but there is no set timeframe for his return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dantè Exum is expected to return sometime this week. It'll be interesting how he fits with the team, especially while they are playing extremely well without him.

He should get Raul Neto's minutes as he is out injured. I'm very excited to see Dantè and Donovan play together.

Dantè Exum is expected to return sometime this week. It'll be interesting how he fits with the team, especially while they are playing extremely well without him.

He should get Raul Neto's minutes as he is out injured. I'm very excited to see Dantè and Donovan play together.

I'm just excited to see Exum play

Hopefully he can regain the intent from preseason...

If he plays 5 mins a quarter he is doing ok
Won't be playing 20 minutes a game first up but hopefully there by time playoffs come around. Jazz could use the backcourt help.

Next four games for jazz. Suns, kings, Hawks, mavs. Perfect time to come back and be eased in. Should be plenty of blow out minutes available to get the rust out

Last edited:
10points in 14 minutes in exums return.

Pretty solid but it was phoenix (in yet another blowout) so not gonna look too much into it yet.
watched the game while working. From what I saw he was super aggressive and had a couple of attempts at the rim roll out. They couldn't stop him getting to the rim.

All in all a good game for a first game back.

Great to have one of my all time favourite Australian ballers back on the court.
watched the game while working. From what I saw he was super aggressive and had a couple of attempts at the rim roll out. They couldn't stop him getting to the rim.

All in all a good game for a first game back.
Watched the game on LeaguePass and completely agree with the above. Penetration was fantastic. Great to have Dante back on the court.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back