Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Utah rate him though

I think I read they rated him as a top 5 small forward in the nba when they offered him his contract.

Good on him. The bloke was always destined to play in the big time. Looked two classes above when he was with the South Dragons back in the day of the earlier NBL

Obviously not young anymore, but gee, Joe Ingles is fast becoming one of the most under rated players in the NBA.
The combination of the words 'Joe Ingles' and the word 'fast' make for an interesting sentence. Somehow however Slo Mo Jo can defend quick players at NBA level brilliantly. With Ben and Dante in the Boomers team Jo should be getting ridiculously good looks at the basket at the next World Champs. Wouldn't be surprised if he lead everyone in three point baskets made. It is early days, but id love for the Boomers to play Jonah Bolden and Thon Maker as the regular screen setters in the high post who then roll for an outside shot if a team doubles Dante or Ben with Ingles or Patty in the corner at the same time. Should be 'money' at international level.

My revised starting five(for World Champs) after Dante returned to the court earlier than I expected is:
PG: Exum
SG: Mills
SF: Ingles
PF on defence PG on offence Simmons
C: Bolden or T.Maker

Id love to play a rotation in the bigger games where when Baynes came off the bench Dante or Ben are subbed off, because we could then play line-ups where there was always three shooters on the floor. Eg at first sub Delly and Baynes replace Exum and Bolden resulting in a line-up of Delly, Mills, Ingles, Simmons and Baynes. Second sub Thon Maker replaces Simmons and Exum replaces Mills leaving a line-up of Delly, Dante, T.Maker, Baynes and Ingles. (Ben gets a brief rest). Next rotation Mills, Jonah and Simmons replace Delly, Ingles and Baynes leaving Maker, Bolden, Simmons, Exum and Mills on the court. Three shooters on the floor at all times combined with brilliant dribble penetration is a winning formula I think.

Last edited:
The combination of the words 'Joe Ingles' and the word 'fast' make for an interesting sentence. Somehow however Slo Mo Jo can defend quick players at NBA level brilliantly. With Ben and Dante in the Boomers team Jo should be getting ridiculously good looks at the basket at the next World Champs. Wouldn't be surprised if he lead everyone in three point baskets made. It is early days, but id love for the Boomers to play Jonah Bolden and Thon Maker as the regular screen setters in the high post who then roll for an outside shot if a team doubles Dante or Ben with Ingles or Patty in the corner at the same time. Should be 'money' at international level.

From what I saw of bolden at summer league level he could be an absolute weapon at international ball.

Having a stretch 4/5 who can run like him but also protect the rim is super valuable then having two players with maker that can do that at international level.

Ben Simmons. 3rd most triple doubles in 76rs franchise history. In his first season. Crazy.

Exum had his best showing since his return. Looks like moving up to first guard off the bench for the jazz

He's looking more than decent.

Most US fans are pretty harsh on him given his draft position.

But from a Boomers perspective, he's going to be a very good player for us for a long time.

Length and speed is elite at NBA level, let alone international level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the game on LeaguePass earlier today. Dante just superb. Ridicuously quick and jumpshot has come a long way. His shot now looks super balanced shooting the three 3 pointers he made.. Ive supported the Boomers since 1988 after meeting Andrew Vlahov at a basketball clinic as a 8 year old. Dante and Ben Simmons are the two quickest Australian basketball players in my time following the Aussie team. Should be super exciting to see how that speed allows the Boomers to play an uptempo style at the next World Champs.

Aussie combo guard Josh Green has been selected for the World Team in the Nike Hoop Summit on April 13.

The youngest player selected from either team.

He's rated a 5 star prospect at the moment, number 13 overall in his draft class (2019) at the moment. Has offers from Arizona, Kansas, Cal, Stanford, Washington.

Watched the game on LeaguePass earlier today. Dante just superb. Ridicuously quick and jumpshot has come a long way. His shot now looks super balanced shooting the three 3 pointers he made.. Ive supported the Boomers since 1988 after meeting Andrew Vlahov at a basketball clinic as a 8 year old. Dante and Ben Simmons are the two quickest Australian basketball players in my time following the Aussie team. Should be super exciting to see how that speed allows the Boomers to play an uptempo style at the next World Champs.

I get super giddy watching Dante play. His shot has been looking much better since summer league. Still looks a little stiff but it has undergone quite a bit of work I guess. I can’t wait till he starts making them off the dribble. Ingles was mostly a catch and shoot guy and the jazz did some great things with his shot as you would be well aware. Now he’s deadly and does take them off the bounce. I hope we see the same kind of progression with Dante.
Dante definitely deserves more minutes as he’s put the jazz back into a few games now. Even looks like he wants the ball in his hands when the game is on the line. Dante the closer? Hopefully Quin finds some more minutes for him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I get super giddy watching Dante play. His shot has been looking much better since summer league. Still looks a little stiff but it has undergone quite a bit of work I guess. I can’t wait till he starts making them off the dribble. Ingles was mostly a catch and shoot guy and the jazz did some great things with his shot as you would be well aware. Now he’s deadly and does take them off the bounce. I hope we see the same kind of progression with Dante.
Dante definitely deserves more minutes as he’s put the jazz back into a few games now. Even looks like he wants the ball in his hands when the game is on the line. Dante the closer? Hopefully Quin finds some more minutes for him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Plus he's a fantastic defender.

Simmons/Dante is an incredible defensive guard partnership.

Simmons is a legit chance to make the all-defensive team this year.

Plus he's a fantastic defender.

Simmons/Dante is an incredible defensive guard partnership.

Simmons is a legit chance to make the all-defensive team this year.
I watched a game two weeks ago were the commentators said Joe Ingles is the most underrated defender in the league as he always gets the job done. Boomers should be very good to great on the defensive end. Mills, Baynes and Delly good defenders as well. The only question mark is whether Bolden and Thon Maker could be outmuscled by the US and European bigs in the low block. Also, considering Ingles also often acts as the primary playmaker in the Utah offence when Rubio rests we could actually play a line-up where for most of the game where we have three to four legitimate NBA playmakers (By rotating Simmons, Delly, Dante, Ingles and Mills.) on the court.

Bolden is the one moving forward imo anyway.

He’s playing extremely well in a decent European league.

He will be a key cog at the 76’ers next year, olympics are still 2 years away.

I see Baynes and Bolden being the starters, with Ingles, Exum, Simmons in 2 years.

Mangok/Bogut, Maker/Bairstow, Adel, Mills, Delly, Green being the bench options in 2 years. Green will be in college, but expect with the hype of being a top 15 pick he’s a fair chance to get a spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back