Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Was not serious
yeah it wasn't too bad but why did draymond keep his arm wrapped around his neck instead of straightening it to release Patty? he's just a thug.

Yes indeed that woud be my starting 5 too. What would be your 12 currently. I genuinely think Jack McVeigh has a role to play. We need more shooting. If it was up to me I'd probably go with
Exum, Reath, Ingles, Landale, Kay, Mills, Green, Daniels, Giddey, Thybulle, Mcveigh, Goulding. We nned more shooting. Ingles is strong and 206cm. I'd play him more at the 4. I rate Cooks but I don't thonk he's a good fit for this team.
I’d be okay with that lineup. I agree wholeheartedly on Cooks, for mine he just doesn’t fit at all. As much as I’d like to replace Kay, he has been in form lately and is familiar with the guys - we could do worse than playing him for 5-10 minutes. Whether McVeigh will be the answer to our shooting problems I’m not sure, but we need to try something different. There’s a few other guys I’d consider but all up I wouldn’t be upset if we took that 12.

At the very leas, I’d be having McVeigh in the squad, shaking things up, making the other guys feel uncomfortable. He brings a sense of urgency and win at all costs, that we are light on imo.
A few guys like that in the squad wouldn't hurt. I did notice that Goorj made a comment yesterday about the age of Patty and Joe and moreorless said their spots aren't 100% guaranteed. Maybe planting some of those seeds...

Patty mills likes this

At the very least, I’d be having McVeigh in the squad, shaking things up, making the other guys feel uncomfortable. He brings a sense of urgency and win at all costs, that we are light on imo.
The NBL players i'd have in the frame would be Will Magney and Mitch Creek Magney because of what he can do on defence. He's strong enough to defend the post agains the Euro bigs for short bursts off the bench. Xavier Cooks is very good defensivley overall but he got exposed defending the post against Euro bigs at the last World champs. I wouldn' rule out Aron Baynes either for that very reason. On offence we need another big who can come out and set a ton of screens and be good enough from 3 that he can't be ignored by the opposition. Waching Mitch Creek at NBL level it seems insane he didnt even make it to the training camp invites at the last World Champs. His offensive game has imroved an absolue ton in recent years and he shoot 41% from three last season. Maybe his cards have been marked by Boomer coaches but it makes no sense to me how he's not even talked about as a potential Boomer selection by many.

I cant't believe oz Basketball hasn't been able to sort out the ciizenship issues of Bryce Cotton. I'd have Cooks in the team if Matiisse Thybulle wasn't if that make sense as Thybulle and Cooks are too similar in many ways. I'm a Wildcats fan so there's some bias in my call but I think Cooks and Cotton in the team rather than Thybulle and probably Goulding (who would miss out due to team balance if Cotton was available) is a better option.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mcveigh gives you a bit of everything. He's probably not quite the burst offense Goulding can give but he is still pretty good and obviously significantly improves defensively and has more to his scoring than just deep shots.

Don't mind the Magnay shout as a JJ fan. He can be a monster defensively and wouldn't have to play big minutes backing up Landale and Reath. I'd prefer him to Baynes at this stage.

Creek is a bit like Mcveigh that he gives you a bit of everything.

A young side with so much upside
I was surprised how well Chet has done body wise, was expecting something to break down give his frame but he’s been outstanding.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back