Australian team being investigated by the icc

Aug 27, 2007
brisbane
AFL Club
Essendon
oh brother. their was something odd about that slow start the other night. for crying out loud, who decides to go slow in the first 10 overs in odi cricket. i doubt they did it because of a bookie. they did it because our moronic coaches told them to

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...against-zimbabwe/story-fn67x93d-1226014292523

An Indian newspaper has reported that the ICC's Anti-Corruption and Security Unit (ACSU) has privately scrutinised the match after questions were raised over the slow start taken by Haddin and Watson.

Australian coach Tim Nielsen has defended his openers saying they played slowly according to the situation.

"I thought they played well in game one. Everyone had this perception that they went slowly. But if Zimbabwe were going to be competitive against us, they needed to take early wickets with their spinners," Nielsen said after the match.

oh brother. their was something odd about that slow start the other night. for crying out loud, who decides to go slow in the first 10 overs in odi cricket. i doubt they did in because of a bookie. they did it because our moronic coaches told them to

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...against-zimbabwe/story-fn67x93d-1226014292523

I would have thought that the 290 odd by the Dutch against England would have been more of a concern for the ICC.
To me it looked like they were trying to look like they lost the plot.

Sounds more like shenanigans from an Indian newspaper.

ali2.jpg

IMHO, there seems to be a smear campaign going on against the Australians. Firstly, the Indian press massively overstated Ponting's little temper tantrum, and now they are trying to claim there is spot fixing going on. It's particularly nasty because for security reasons, the ICC can't even confirm if there is any kind of investigation. So the mud sticks, even though the claim is completely and utterly unfounded.

Doesn't India have libel laws?

Gee the ICC certaintly trying their best to prevent Australia winning their 4th WC in a row:rolleyes:

Watch the Indian media and public go into a frenzy over the 'news'

You seriously think the ICC is investigating?

First, the ICC don't want to know about match fixing or spot fixing they only handled the Pakistani business because it was impossible to ignore but they certainly didn't break the case.

Second, the Indian media makes the English media look classy, one of their rags saying the ICC are investigating means nothing.

Im sure indian media/public will put pressure on icc to investigate.

They hate us
They want us out of worldcup.
Wont happen but it may take our minds of the game an get us thinking about other things.
Thats great for them.

You seriously think the ICC is investigating?

First, the ICC don't want to know about match fixing or spot fixing they only handled the Pakistani business because it was impossible to ignore but they certainly didn't break the case.

Second, the Indian media makes the English media look classy, one of their rags saying the ICC are investigating means nothing.
Good post

The Indian media have been after anything Australian for a number of years now.

And the ICC....

Good post

The Indian media have been after anything Australian for a number of years now.

And the ICC....

Yet if we came out with the same rubbish in our newspapers about India we would be branded 'racists'. Best way to stick it up the Indian media and those that believe the s**t they come out with is to walk out of their country with a 5th World Cup!

Just never know when the STING is on...
ICC.. is that the "Independant Crime Commission"? or "Idiots Creating Chaos"?

makes good reading though,, always without substance 99

Indian media is corrupt! They must have money on Australia being the first team investigated.

Banning Haddin will be doing us a favour.

IMHO, there seems to be a smear campaign going on against the Australians. Firstly, the Indian press massively overstated Ponting's little temper tantrum, and now they are trying to claim there is spot fixing going on. It's particularly nasty because for security reasons, the ICC can't even confirm if there is any kind of investigation. So the mud sticks, even though the claim is completely and utterly unfounded.

Doesn't India have libel laws?

I'm assuming you play for Australia and were in the rooms during pontings incident??? Otherwise, how the hell would you know whether the incident was overstated by the Indian media?

I'm assuming you play for Australia and were in the rooms during pontings incident??? Otherwise, how the hell would you know whether the incident was overstated by the Indian media?

The Indian media claimed Ponting smashed a TV with his cricket bat. The truth turns out that the TV was merely clipped by his bouncing box. That doesn't seem like an overstatement to you? There hasn't been a single shred of evidence to emerge to support the media's argument. Quite simply, they are making s**t up.

Guys, we want the ICC to properly investigate any match-fixing in the future. Australian players have confirmed many times they have been approached in the past.

They DID start very slowly, and in the first two overs, Watson in particular, looked very unsure. Hopefully, the ICC is investigating every suspicious activity. I doubt if they'll find anything here. I think most Australian players would want to win the World Cup - if you want to fix a game, fix a meaningless match in a 7-game series that no one cares about. Of course, I am projecting my subjective view into the investigation now. The ICC needs to be objective, and I am sure they have more knowledge and information about this than we do.

We should be applauding this move, not objecting to it.

Guys, we want the ICC to properly investigate any match-fixing in the future. Australian players have confirmed many times they have been approached in the past.

They DID start very slowly, and in the first two overs, Watson in particular, looked very unsure. Hopefully, the ICC is investigating every suspicious activity. I doubt if they'll find anything here. I think most Australian players would want to win the World Cup - if you want to fix a game, fix a meaningless match in a 7-game series that no one cares about. Of course, I am projecting my subjective view into the investigation now. The ICC needs to be objective, and I am sure they have more knowledge and information about this than we do.

Why should the ICC be investigating every team that has a wild accusation made against them? A lot of time and money will be wasted if this is the case.

What if the Herald Sun accused England of match fixing in the game against the Netherlands? Would everyone expect the ICC to do a full investigation? I doubt it.

The Indian media claimed Ponting smashed a TV with his cricket bat. The truth turns out that the TV was merely clipped by his bouncing box. That doesn't seem like an overstatement to you? There hasn't been a single shred of evidence to emerge to support the media's argument. Quite simply, they are making s**t up.

Lol. Yeah the tv broke itself. Who cares if it was from a flying box or a bat. Ponting has little idea about conducting himself appropriately and deservedly got negative press about it.

Back to the whole investigation thing, what a friggin joke. Yeah it was a slow start but surely the benefit of the doubt needs to be given to the players in this instance. If the ICC investigated every suspect scenario in the game of cricket, they wouldn't have any spare time on their hands.

The ICC are perpetuating the whole "fixed" scenario and are taking the gloss off what should be a great tournament. Now when something strange happens on the field, I find myself wondering if it is legit or the players are on the take. They are killing this great game.:thumbsdown:

I have no problem with the fact they are investigating it, that's fine.
But it should not be getting into the hands of the media. it is unfair for people's names to come out in this situation. If someone is found guilty, release their names, but if you are investigating it you should not be revealing the names until you have a determination. It is unfair on Haddin and Watson.

I agree with the comments that India are producing a smear campaign against Australia. They have hated us for the last 5 years and some of the things they are doing are quite racist.

I have no problem with the fact they are investigating it, that's fine.
But it should not be getting into the hands of the media. it is unfair for people's names to come out in this situation. If someone is found guilty, release their names, but if you are investigating it you should not be revealing the names until you have a determination. It is unfair on Haddin and Watson.

I agree with the comments that India are producing a smear campaign against Australia. They have hated us for the last 5 years and some of the things they are doing are quite racist.

How is it racist? They are reporting a story which is what the media is paid to do. They haven't come out and said "those white cheaters" etc. Agree that Haddin and Watson should not have been named. That sort of press can destroy careers.

Bit of a pot kettle black situation calling another country racist. We have enough racism in our own back yard, let alone accusing other countries of it.

Reminds me of the Australia v West Indies match at the 1999 World Cup.

Australia deliberately took a lot of time chasing West Indies' 110 to put the West Indies' net run rate ahead of New Zealand and knock New Zealand out before the Super Six and let Australia take an extra two points with them into that stage. But New Zealand (0.58) snuck through ahead of the West Indies (0.50) anyway after they flogged Scotland the day after. Waugh and Bevan tried their hardest though, taking 13 overs to score the final 19 runs of the chase.

Back