Australian test team last 50 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Ginnieboy

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2022
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hayden
Marnus (yes I know he’s not an opener but i had to fit him in)
Smith
Ponting
G. Chappell
S. Waugh (C)
Gilchrist
Cummins
Warne
Lillee
McGrath

Any improvements?

Last edited:
Hayden
Marnus (yes I know he’s not an opener but i had to fit him in)
Ponting
Smith
S. Waugh (C)
Gilchrist
Johnson (All Rounder)
Cummins
Warne
Lillee
McGrath

Any improvements?
If you're going back to 1972, Greg Chappell should be in

Johnson averaged low 20s with the ball and near 30 with the bat, easily the best all rounder we’ve produced IMO, I was seriously considering putting in as a bowler ahead of Cummins
28.4 isn't low 20s. Not in class of Lillee, McGrath.

Johnson averaged low 20s with the ball and near 30 with the bat, easily the best all rounder we’ve produced IMO, I was seriously considering putting in as a bowler ahead of Cummins
30 with bat is not up to it.
We want six batters and no need for his bowling with Lillee, Cummins, Pige and Warne to bowl.

Ponting
Chappell
Steve Smith
Border and two openers is what we need.
Gilly is already the allrounder if surpius.

I'm open minded on openers but Marnus is not one.

30 with bat is not up to it.
We want six batters and no need for his bowling with Lillee, Cummins, Pige and Warne to bowl.

Ponting
Chappell
Steve Smith
Border and two openers is what we need.
Gilly is already the allrounder if surpius.

I'm open minded on openers but Marnus is not one.

Taylor opens instead of Marnus

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Allan Border???

That Fox Border doco can't drop quick enough, some of these millennial cricket fans don't seem to get how important AB was.

Border saved Aussie cricket in the 80s and then he paved the way for the successful Aussie cricket era of the 90s and beyond.

No Allan Border???

That Fox Border doco can't drop quick enough, some of these millennial cricket fans don't seem to get how important AB was.

Border saved Aussie cricket in the 80s and then he paved the way for the successful Aussie cricket era of the 90s and beyond.
He pretty much carried the side for most of his captaincy

No Allan Border???

spot on.

No Allan Border???

FMD, Plugger talking absolute sense. Has to be April 1st or I'm very very drunk to read this.

FMD, Plugger talking absolute sense. Has to be April 1st or I'm very very drunk to read this.

I was an NZ supporter back in the 80s as a kid but Allan Border was still my favourite Aussie batsman, I tried to bat left handed just to be like him.

Little River Band and Farnesy even sang a song about him back in the 80s.

I was an NZ supporter back in the 80s as a kid but Allan Border was still my favourite Aussie batsman, I tried to bat left handed just to be like him.

Little River Band and Farnesy even sang a song about him back in the 80s.

Oh FFS, not your s**t taste in music again.
Ok, now at least I know the real Plugger is back posting now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back