Australian tour of Sri Lanka (July-September 2016)

Who will win the test series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ohhh i thought we'd have realised that he isn't that good by now?

Wade is worse with the gloves.

I'm all for Sam Whiteman getting a go though

I'm not a fan of wade either. I just want a guy who can actually keep and then bat a bit.

Well Nevill is the incumbent t20 wicketkeeper from the world cup where he had an excellent tournament with the gloves and a batting strike rate of 360.

Annoys me the T20 team just wears the ODI clothes in away games. Makes CA look like they don't care.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do people see in Whiteman that they don't/didn't see in Nevill? Whiteman was solid with the bat last shield season without being spectacular, but has certainly not produced the form with the bat that Nevill did to earn the Australian spot. Nevill has been poor with the bat in Test cricket but I don't see how Whiteman is much of an improvement on what Nevill is producing/will produce.

Is it just the fact that he's only 24 and it's assumed still has improvement in him? What am I missing that everyone else is seeing? Help a brother out.

What do people see in Whiteman that they don't/didn't see in Nevill? Whiteman was solid with the bat last shield season without being spectacular, but has certainly not produced the form with the bat that Nevill did to earn the Australian spot. Nevill has been poor with the bat in Test cricket but I don't see how Whiteman is much of an improvement on what Nevill is producing/will produce.

Is it just the fact that he's only 24 and it's assumed still has improvement in him? What am I missing that everyone else is seeing? Help a brother out.
Neville for simple fact is being picked ahead because is plays for NSW!

Neville for simple fact is being picked ahead because is plays for NSW!
Nevill got picked because he averaged 45 in a season for NSW and is a gun keeper. Whiteman averaged mid-20's that season I think (The_Reaper?)

I think it's mostly that he is not Wade.

People are souring on Nevill because he is not living up to his potential and warming to Whiteman because of his potential.

Best way to improve your stocks on bigfooty is to not play international cricket

Back