Australia's ODI tour of India 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Faulkner is probably done unless he has a couple of good domestic seasons and it's time to try Carey in the ODI side seeing as Whiteman will likely still be injured or won't have played enough cricket when we play ODIs next.
Bancroft a smokey for the WK spot IMO. Younger than Carey and currently keeping for WA. Also kept in his T20I debut. He's pretty tidy.

We simply don't know what our best ODI XI is. I'd stick with Zampa as spinner. But we play with 10 automatically because no batsman we have really is good enough with the bat. May as well just pick the best slogger down the order, shrug. I know Dunk isn't much of a keeper and probably isn't a great option but would be happy to hear alternate thoughts. :)

Do we need both Maxwell and Head? Doubtful, but not sure which one to favour. Maybe Maxwell just ahead. Also prefer Hastings to Hazlewood and NCN gets a gig for me because he is capable of providing more at the death. Also fields well and we bat all the way down with this line up (which, let's be honest, we'll need haha).

David Warner
Aaron Finch
Chris Lynn
Steve Smith (c)
Glenn Maxwell
Mitchell Marsh
Ben Dunk (+)
John Hastings
Mitchell Starc
Nathan Coulter-Nile
Adam Zampa
12th - Josh Hazlewood

For me the balance seems off with too many big hitters and not enough accumulators. Who do we have in domestic cricket to play that role? Unless we try a keeper like Bancroft to play more of an anchor role in the middle? #obviousbias

Or Handscomb could develop maybe.
Well. Hastings just retired from ODIs and Tests, so that ain't appening

Remove this Banner Ad

Back