Autopsy Autopsy V Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez. Plenty of the posters in this forum need to book a session with their therapist this week. Some massive overreactions!

Taking an optimistic view of the season we definitely wont lose in rounds 12 or 23.

I'd expect us to at least break even from the following rounds:

6 Hawks - Marvel
7 Crows - Hobart
13 WC - Optus
17 Suns - Marvel
21 Tigers - Marvel
22 WC - Hobart
24 Hawks - Launceston

In addition to that, I still think we are capable of taking a scalp or two from the mid-tier teams as the season rolls on.
Round 17 onwards watch out. Everyone better with the gameplan, One of the bigs from the VFL will be Forward and one Back and both of them settling, Dawson settled right in and Logue back to full conditioning next to him. It will be go time! Until then i'll be mostly holding my fire (6 + 7 + 13 though we better show something!)

Geez. Plenty of the posters in this forum need to book a session with their therapist this week. Some massive overreactions!

Taking an optimistic view of the season we definitely wont lose in rounds 12 or 23.

6 Hawks - Marvel
7 Crows - Hobart
13 WC - Optus
17 Suns - Marvel
21 Tigers - Marvel
22 WC - Hobart
24 Hawks - Launceston

In addition to that, I still think we are capable of taking a scalp or two from the mid-tier teams as the season rolls on.

That certainly is optimistic.

That certainly is optimistic.
Is it? They're teams close to our level and other than the first two on the list we should have more or less (less) found our feat with the gameplan by the time we face them, as well as having a few games under our belts against middling teams rather than mostly ones who contended for the premiership last year!

Is it? They're teams close to our level and other than the first two on the list we should have more or less (less) found our feat with the gameplan by the time we face them, as well as having a few games under our belts against middling teams rather than mostly ones who contended for the premiership last year!

I agree re. the gameplan and we should probably be expecting two wins against WC but I don't really believe our mental demons are exorcised enough that we can confidently say we can beat Hawks, GC & Richmond.

Adelaide are plainly having issues with their midfield mix and I expect them to rectify it by the time we play them in a few weeks time, and we just always seem to come out flat against Hawthorn for whatever reason.

It's time to look forward. We can't change what's happened in the past no matter how much we'd like to.

List management, drafting, player development, coaching.....it's all been shite.

You can only control what you do from now on. Watching the 2's yesterday, we had Comben, Dawson, Maley and Sellers controlling the air. Goad was getting a valuable lesson from a legit AFL ruckman. This time last year the only one of that lot on the list was Comben. That's a step forward to me.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

That's the point of the post. Hindsight is 20/20. And you seriously can't expect every pick to be a gun. Without looking in detail I assume all teams won't keep many more than 2-3 players per draft after 5-7 years.
2016 - jy and larkey - pass
2017 - LDU, xerri, will walker killed by injuries - just passed imo
2018 - TT development on field was fine. Bailey Scott tracking well for the pick. - pass
2019 - fail. Reason being the recruiting team barely existed.
2020 - COVID draft, half the top ten hasn't reached expectations. Powell is coming along though. Ford tracking well for the pick. - just passed all things considered imo.
2021 - North would've been crucified if they didn't take JHF. goater was going well until Achilles. Curtis tracking well. - Pass
2022 - 2 top 5 picks are both almost a guarantee to be guns
2023 - this draft will really make or break us - TBC

Pre 2016 the compromised gcs and gws drafts screwed us. The Atley, McKenzie and Garner picks should've been at minimum B grade players playing today.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app

At the game and saw it. It was arguably the most disgraceful of all the free kicks last night. Carlton player deliberately put his head down to draw the penalty. Sheezel was a metre away ready to block him. Carlton bloke just kept head down and straight into Harry. It was indicative of the umpiring debacle we witnessed last night. Umpires 21,25 and 4 were disgraceful. It's killing our game along with these ridiculously purile score reviews.
Similar to the Walters duck and charge with the head from last week.

And don't forget #17. He made some abysmal decisions too. It's almost like they go into a match with a predetermined plan.

Similar to the Walters duck and charge with the head from last week.

And don't forget #17. He made some abysmal decisions too. It's almost like they go into a match with a predetermined plan.
All we need is a whistleblower to go to a Member of Parliament, and for the story to blow up. It will never happen.

My sister, a Geelong supporter, watching on TV from 250 km away messaged me during the third quarter to say

"Carlton are throwing the ball without any concern that the umpire is there and getting away with it".

Mmm a sibling that barracks for Geelong. Interesting.

I did always have doubts about you Horrie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 Hawks - Marvel
7 Crows - Hobart
13 WC - Optus
17 Suns - Marvel
21 Tigers - Marvel
22 WC - Hobart
24 Hawks - Launceston

My concern is that if we continue to have 40-50+ losses the confidence of this young group will drop off.
Clarko needs to keep us competitive and as such we need at least to bring in

6 Hawks - Marvel
7 Crows - Hobart
13 WC - Optus
17 Suns - Marvel
21 Tigers - Marvel
22 WC - Hobart
24 Hawks - Launceston

My concern is that if we continue to have 40-50+ losses the confidence of this young group will drop off.
Clarko needs to keep us competitive and as such we need at least to bring in Chom, Sellers & Greenwood.

I just watched 4 yes 4 Saints players run past the Essendon player who marked. 2 stopped at the mark and ran back so no “hold” call and the other 2 just ran past the player kicking with one moving on the mark. Consistency you *ers

I just watched 4 yes 4 Saints players run past the Essendon player who marked. 2 stopped at the mark and ran back so no “hold” call and the other 2 just ran past the player kicking with one moving in the mark. Consistency you *ers
The one that did me over was larkey in the ruck. 😂 so cooked. Never in my life have i seen that paid as a fk.

Jono Brown was right, we were never going to win because of the umpires but * me that was the poorest display of umpiring I’ve seen. When are these umpires becoming professional and full time. It’s a disgrace.

I was dismissing most of the umpiring as a non factor in our shitness up until the third quarter. Then in the period of like 5 minutes we had 3 attacking chains absolutely kliled and given to the Blues, with two of those IN THE FORWARD 50! It was then I knew that the day was over. We still drop heads easily and seeing our attacks be actively neutered like that was getting to everyone.

But hey they gave us a make up free in the D50 a little later so it's all fine :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back