Autopsy autopsy v * in it for more than half a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

If you can’t hit a target, there is no room for you in the modern game, Clarko knows this, yet Tucker and Scott keep getting a game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Could replace them with anyone in the seconds at the moment and we’d immediately be better

I’ve just checked the vfl scores, maybe not…

Outside of a 15-minute period in the third quarter I thought we were pretty competitive today, we battled really hard to stifle their run and interrupt their forward forays and for the most part was successful, but once again turnover killed us. There will be a number of idiots on here who are going to focus solely on Scott (who didn't have a great day) but the fact is Wardlaw, Comben, Fisher, Sheezel, LDU and a couple of others all turned the ball over which led to points for the Bombers. Until we clean up our skills and decision making, we will continue to contribute greatly to our opponents scores.

Everyone made mistakes. No-one made as many as Scott and Tucker. And theirs mistakes were done under minimal pressure. They are supposed to be our senior guys and need to be called out to do better. Or dropped.

Actually Harry has mentioned that it in a podcast with Ben that north supporters booed him on GF
I doubt either of them is intelligent enough to pick a North supporter out of a lineup. Let alone identify they're booing and why.

Turnovers and skill errors were the ultimate 12 point turn arounds today.
When we had the play going towards goal we ultimately stuffed it up and * would go the length of the ground and goal.
Clean this up a little then we might be in more games,
Scott is a butcher and the coaches should be making sure the right players have this possession. Scott does keep running trying to create so need to work with this

I thought we had moments today, it is never fun knowing you are losing but it's been good to see some players playing better or good footy. This is always the stat I look for and it's disappointing again.
Screenshot_20240519-160844.png

That's far too many forwards with 1 or 0 tackles. Everyone should have a couple every game, forward pressure is the most effective pressure. Our forward entries are often rubbish, but this level of pressure doesn't help either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's be fair, Tucker, Taylor, Pink, Scott, Stephenson should all be gone sooner than later, well one would hope.

You don't sit winless with AFL quality footballers. That is the awful truth.
Probably later unfortunately. Not sure any of the 11 players running around in the VFL today are helping much.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Not normally one to chime in because despite watching every game, I’ve become a bit catatonic to the losses. Despite that I was very up and about today, I think this is the most heart the lads have played with all year and I was very invested.

Pros:
Xerri was outstanding today, I haven’t been a critic but I definitely facepalm when he grabs it out of the ruck. Our mids were much better on clearance today and that’s a reflection of Xerri.

Sheezel was far better in the midfield, it’s insane how quickly he can adapt and inject his poise wherever he’s played.

Wardlaw is a beast, would jump in front of a train to win the ball for us and with another year my money would be on him rather than the train. Quickly becoming my favourite (and I flipping love Harry)

LDU’s best game for the year, a direct result of improvement from Xerri’s tapwork, Sheez silk and Wardlaw ferocity. Get ourselves a big body to rotate in there and our engine room becomes a ******* SpaceX rocket.

Backline struggled but was the strongest I’ve seen it all year. Corrs best game of the year, McDonald was somewhat serviceable. Chom must be persisted with in defence. He’s only been in there a handful of games and looks better than McKay who was poached for 800k+

Cons:
Bailey Scott is being played out of position but that does not excuse the turnovers, if he’s really so limited that being played out of position has effected his disposal so badly he needs time in the reserves to build confidence in the new position. Cost us numerous goals and a world of momentum.

Tucker tried but he just doesn’t have what’s required.

Curtis, needs more awareness of his surroundings. If he moved laterally and snapped instead of charging towards goal, would have been 2-3 additional goals.

After today I think I finally understand the plan Clarko is trying to implement and there is no point changing course because when we have the cattle to pull it off, we will be unstoppable.

Go Roos.

She's a dumb antagonistic campaigner, just like most of the AFL media at the moment.
It actually did happen. Harry mentioned it on his podcast. He said he got booed early on as some supporters thought he was Ben...

Outside of a 15-minute period in the third quarter I thought we were pretty competitive today, we battled really hard to stifle their run and interrupt their forward forays and for the most part was successful, but once again turnover killed us. There will be a number of idiots on here who are going to focus solely on Scott (who didn't have a great day) but the fact is Wardlaw, Comben, Fisher, Sheezel, LDU and a couple of others all turned the ball over which led to points for the Bombers. Until we clean up our skills and decision making, we will continue to contribute greatly to our opponents scores.
Comben, Fisher and LDU had six turnovers between them (2 each). Bailey Scott had 11, Tucker had 7.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back