Beauty & Style Awkward Flirting Stories - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

mate.....

tell us more
When you accidentally start a group text with several women when you've had 11 scotches at 2am, its not a good idea

No, what I'm talking about is posting about a fence or explaining how there are dickheads in my favourite bars and people sling s**t my way. And while these things may come across as arrogant at times, I'm saying it pretty much unfiltered because it's how I feel at the time.

The thing you're having trouble to understand is that I'm not looking to get into an argument by posting that stuff, but people decide to start s**t anyway. Or if I post something out of the blue and someone says "daily, nightly and ever so rightly" or makes reference to my watch (the price of which I disclosed only after something like five people asked me). Or any other number of things I've said over the past year or so.

Again, it's not like it bothers me a great deal these days (unless it's over the top), but I will say s**t back. And then it escalates out of control. And then I get labelled the instigator when the people who start s**t in the first place could simply ignore it. But they can't ignore it, and I in turn can't ignore people slinging s**t at me first.

Like, it shouldn't be this hard to understand.
People ask questions and you happen to go full melt mode.

Like the fence thing. I asked why did you feel the need to mention the value of the pool, then you went bonkers. It was an honest question.

And if people don't like you on the internet, who cares? It's the internet. No point taking it too seriously, if you do, probably not the place for you.

And not everyone is out to get you, contrary to popular belief. But if anybody posts something ridiculous, people will challenge it, regardless of their username.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Note to self: Don't try to chat up a girl wearing a NMFC scarf. Odds are she yanked it out of her boyfriend's closet because it was all he had.

You tried to chat up Morganashlee? :eek:

People ask questions and you happen to go full melt mode.

Like the fence thing. I asked why did you feel the need to mention the value of the pool, then you went bonkers. It was an honest question.

And if people don't like you on the internet, who cares? It's the internet. No point taking it too seriously, if you do, probably not the place for you.

And not everyone is out to get you, contrary to popular belief. But if anybody posts something ridiculous, people will challenge it, regardless of their username.

This is what the likes of Croweater and Sooz fail to realise, no one would ridicule them without a pre-existing pattern of stupid (or naively smug) posting.

Sorry guys, no AFS that I can remember. Decided to bang my ex, dog jumped up on the bed mid coitus, but not awks.

Don't you have a gf?

Nope, not for a while.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tifu/comments/52erzw/tifu_by_making_myself_look_like_a_pedophile/

Just trying to get this thing back on track after it was hijacked by some bickering. Perth gal , can you please tease the Church guy or something, I know you have an AFS in you and I'm not likely to make a contribution any time soon.

Happened last year, not today. But anyway, me [22M] and my family (dad, step mum, two younger brothers 10 & 5), we're on holiday. Nowhere special, we live in the UK and decided to holiday within the country as money was tight. We went to this resort, it's in the middle of the countryside, a big private fenced off piece of land. On the land is loads of these wooden lodges that people stay in, it's more of a quiet getaway. But on the resort there's a main building with a games center and entertainment such as disco nights and whatever. Really cheesy stuff but I wasn't bothered as my brothers loved it. Anyway, next to this main building there's a huge shop that sells souvenirs and all kinds of home accessories, it's only 1 floor but there's about 40 aisles. We go in there on the last day to buy some things to take back home, Mum & Dad are leading the way, brothers closely behind. And I'm just holding back on my phone chatting to friends so I didn't die of boredom. Not really paying much attention to what's going on. Big mistake.

I glance up from my phone and I see mum and dad are now pretty far away. There's a short aisle that I can see over so If i went straight and then left I would've caught up with them. I assumed my brothers were with them but obviously they were too short to see. That's what I thought until I saw my youngest brother on his own looking at things on the shelf in front of me. I don't bother him, I decide to let him explore and do his thing while i hang back. A short while goes by and I figure it's time to catch up with the rest of the family. So I grab his hand and say "Let's go!" and start walking in the direction in which I last saw my family going. We're about half way up this long aisle when my brother starts making this crying noise. It was weird because it didn't sound like my brother at all. I looked down and staring up at me was this completely random kid crying, looking scared shitless, and wearing the exact same coat as my brother. I froze, not really knowing what to do or how the * I managed to mistake someone else's kid for my own brother.

Before I could even react I heard a very loud, very intimidating "Oi! what the * d'ya think you're doing!?" I looked up, and at the end of the aisle is a ripped, bald, tattoo covered, white vest wearing bear of a man looking angrier than I've ever seen anyone in my entire life. That must be the dad I thought. Behind was a sobbing panic stricken woman who I assumed was the mother. I tried to think of how I would explain this to them both but before I could think of anything he started charging at me. This 6'5 built like a brick s**t house daddy bear was ******* charging at me! Without any hesitation I did the only thing I could do, and ran. I ran for my ******* life. Straight out of the shop, straight out of the main plaza area, and right back to my lodge where I remained hiding until my dad called me. "You alright? Where did you go?" He said. "Dunno what's happened but it's all kicking off in here, police are here and everything. Some sick campaigner tried to snatch a kid". I told him I started to feel unwell and decided to go home to have a lay down. "Ok" He said. "Be careful".

To this day I haven't told any of them because I don't know how they'd react, and if the family of the boy are reading this, I really am sorry, I'm not a nonce, it was a genuine mistake.

TL;DR Accidentally stole a kid, got chased by dad of said, ran for my life back to my lodge while police we're called. (Without the kid of course)

Just matched with a girl from primary school.

This could interesting awkward...
Craigos will be upset if he finds out you're trying to pinch his girlfriend

https://www.reddit.com/r/tifu/comments/52erzw/tifu_by_making_myself_look_like_a_pedophile/

Just trying to get this thing back on track after it was hijacked by some bickering. Perth gal , can you please tease the Church guy or something, I know you have an AFS in you and I'm not likely to make a contribution any time soon.

Happened last year, not today. But anyway, me [22M] and my family (dad, step mum, two younger brothers 10 & 5), we're on holiday. Nowhere special, we live in the UK and decided to holiday within the country as money was tight. We went to this resort, it's in the middle of the countryside, a big private fenced off piece of land. On the land is loads of these wooden lodges that people stay in, it's more of a quiet getaway. But on the resort there's a main building with a games center and entertainment such as disco nights and whatever. Really cheesy stuff but I wasn't bothered as my brothers loved it. Anyway, next to this main building there's a huge shop that sells souvenirs and all kinds of home accessories, it's only 1 floor but there's about 40 aisles. We go in there on the last day to buy some things to take back home, Mum & Dad are leading the way, brothers closely behind. And I'm just holding back on my phone chatting to friends so I didn't die of boredom. Not really paying much attention to what's going on. Big mistake.

I glance up from my phone and I see mum and dad are now pretty far away. There's a short aisle that I can see over so If i went straight and then left I would've caught up with them. I assumed my brothers were with them but obviously they were too short to see. That's what I thought until I saw my youngest brother on his own looking at things on the shelf in front of me. I don't bother him, I decide to let him explore and do his thing while i hang back. A short while goes by and I figure it's time to catch up with the rest of the family. So I grab his hand and say "Let's go!" and start walking in the direction in which I last saw my family going. We're about half way up this long aisle when my brother starts making this crying noise. It was weird because it didn't sound like my brother at all. I looked down and staring up at me was this completely random kid crying, looking scared shitless, and wearing the exact same coat as my brother. I froze, not really knowing what to do or how the **** I managed to mistake someone else's kid for my own brother.

Before I could even react I heard a very loud, very intimidating "Oi! what the **** d'ya think you're doing!?" I looked up, and at the end of the aisle is a ripped, bald, tattoo covered, white vest wearing bear of a man looking angrier than I've ever seen anyone in my entire life. That must be the dad I thought. Behind was a sobbing panic stricken woman who I assumed was the mother. I tried to think of how I would explain this to them both but before I could think of anything he started charging at me. This 6'5 built like a brick s**t house daddy bear was ******* charging at me! Without any hesitation I did the only thing I could do, and ran. I ran for my ******* life. Straight out of the shop, straight out of the main plaza area, and right back to my lodge where I remained hiding until my dad called me. "You alright? Where did you go?" He said. "Dunno what's happened but it's all kicking off in here, police are here and everything. Some sick campaigner tried to snatch a kid". I told him I started to feel unwell and decided to go home to have a lay down. "Ok" He said. "Be careful".

To this day I haven't told any of them because I don't know how they'd react, and if the family of the boy are reading this, I really am sorry, I'm not a nonce, it was a genuine mistake.

TL;DR Accidentally stole a kid, got chased by dad of said, ran for my life back to my lodge while police we're called. (Without the kid of course)
You can get stuffed, wouldn't let me come over because I didn't have a nana rug to bring. I had my flannos to bring over and wear and everything.

Just matched with a girl from primary school.

This could be interesting awkward...

Craigos will be upset if he finds out you're trying to pinch his girlfriend
I like you, you are like my twin brother mocking me :thumbsu:

You can get stuffed, wouldn't let me come over because I didn't have a nana rug to bring. I had my flannos to bring over and wear and everything.
Well you didn't offer to bring some scotch finger biscuits or some butterscotch lollies so you obviously weren't keen. Please post any weird messages you receive (name hidden) from your online escapades though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back