Strategy Back of House Discussion: Targets, Changes, Appointments & Facilities

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Ginbey actually spoke really well when he got his award at the B&F the other night as well.
Going to be a great influence for the Young mid group.
Another name you could throw up for development Coach would be Priddis.
If we have even one junior who is half the leader JSelwood was it will really hasten our progress.
Apparently from day one he was driving standards.

If we have even one junior who is half the leader JSelwood was it will really hasten our progress.
Apparently from day one he was driving standards.
I have faith that Ginbey will be that young leader.

Look at the intensity, passion and determination that he has on the field, and how he organised that airport meet up for Maric when he flew in.

According to his old East Perth coach, Reubs used to take new players on a tour of the club facilities and always check in on others.

He’s going to be a ripper.

So still no confirmation that Webster has been shown the door?

Looks like he’s sticking around was just watching the John worsfold medal videos and Simmo thanked Pratt and Wiley for there time at the club nothing about Webster, unless there putting him in charge of the WAFL team.

Wonder if we have targeted Ryan Lasscock the Colts coach at WP. He has annouced he is leaving today.

What another West Perth jobs for the boys??

Just because their broke club can’t pay anyone getting them in on the west coast gravy train is their next go?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What another West Perth jobs for the boys??

Just because their broke club can’t pay anyone getting them in on the west coast gravy train is their next go?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Maybe , but if we are looking for development coaches then a good colts coach is the way to go as his role is to develop the youth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allow me to add another complete hypothetical to the mix. I think the club should go hell for leather to add Travis Boak to their development coaching panel. He is an elite preparer, has a lot of experience in the AFL from his club being in the doldrums to regular finalists, dealing with taggers & media scrutiny etc etc. Would be a fantastic mentor for the younger players. To make it easier, I believe he has no wife / family which could make a move West easier. Of course, no idea what his next move is in terms of a playing career though reckon he'd be a fantastic asset to the the club.

Mark Stone is 100% someone we should be reaching out at the Lions, currently Fagan's 2nd in charge

Phenomenal record of success everywhere he has worked:
  • Brisbane Lions - Strategy Coach December 2020 - Present (could win a flag this year)
  • Glenelg Football Club - Head Coach December 2017 - December 2020 - Premiers 2019
  • Fremantle Dockers - 2011 - 2017 (Grand Final in 2013)
    • Stoppage coordinator / training program coordinator November 2011 - November 2017
    • Forward Coach - 2011- 2015
  • Sydney Swans - Stoppage coach 2007 - 2011
  • West Coast Eagles - Opposition and stoppage analyst and midfield assistant 2002 - 2007 - Premiers 2006
The kicker, his wife is from Western Australia.

Allow me to add another complete hypothetical to the mix. I think the club should go hell for leather to add Travis Boak to their development coaching panel. He is an elite preparer, has a lot of experience in the AFL from his club being in the doldrums to regular finalists, dealing with taggers & media scrutiny etc etc. Would be a fantastic mentor for the younger players. To make it easier, I believe he has no wife / family which could make a move West easier. Of course, no idea what his next move is in terms of a playing career though reckon he'd be a fantastic asset to the the club.

61C82B6A-2E39-475F-85E7-1F7AB02CD6ED.jpeg

Maybe a Sam Mitchell-type deal, ie a year as a player then transitioning into a coaching role?

Not sure if its been mentioned yet but isn't it about time we promote Whopol?
Maybe a COO role?

John Wardrop?

He finished at the club 3 years ago

John Wardrop?

He finished at the club 3 years ago

Think he meant Robert Wohpol, who I believe has been behind all the boardroom shenanigans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back