Strategy Back of House Discussion: Targets, Changes, Appointments & Facilities

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood posted a Mr Bean meme that got 100k views... I'm just saying this content isn't exactly hard, we're just not very savvy when it comes to social media presence.

As opposed to other social media platforms which have no history of data mining.

Other social apps generally don't have governments banning employees from having it installed on their personal devices, nor push to ban it completely.

Regardless, the app is popular with young people, far more than any Meta product, and it's foolish to ignore it. I doubt the latest iterations of Steve Bandy talking about last week's game for 20 minutes are netting the club that much in funds.
Oh I'm not saying it should be ignored. Clubs should be using every avenue they can to engage with fans.

Just as an aside for how badly TikTok is monetised, one bloke got 16 billion views and only made $500k the whole time.

Do that on Youtube and you'd make around $80 million.

Laugh it up boys. You all assume i read the last stack of pages that have been added since i was last on, rather than just go to the end....

But, now having read it, i'm confused. He was a Commercial Manager 15 years ago, and 25 years ago he was invovled in a company in some unclear way.

I don't want to bag anyone out, but nothing is screaming, leading large corporate organisation there.
Agreed. Too many are seduced by him being an ex-eagle. He's been in the wilderness for a while now and has done nothing noteworthy since the camp - that ripped Adelaide apart. Vozzo should have been the one and should still be sounded out.

TikTok barely makes any money, which is probably why they're focused on other avenues. Good way to engage with the youthful supporters though.

The club's social media presence hasn't exactly been profound for a long time but it appears to have improved this year.
They need to throw out the current guy that does the videos. It's gone so stale with him.

Either way you slice it, we are the second biggest club in the competition and we are the richest overall. Yet our social media team has us sitting mid table in online engagement. That's completely dire.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

The club is run by old men who believe their only targets are old couples who still get the paper delivered every day. They are completely out of touch with this area of engagement and always have been.

West Coast Eagles look set to sack employees who play for rival WAFL clubs​

West Coast employees will be told they will lose their jobs if they continue to play for rival WAFL clubs, sources have told The West Australian.

It is understood the Eagles will no longer tolerate their workers lining up for other State footy outfits while their own team continues to flounder in the wake of a disastrous winless campaign.
The club has a number of WAFL players on their payroll in community and coaching jobs, including newly-minted Sandover winner and former AFL-listed player Hamish Brayshaw.

The 25-year-old played one AFL game at the Eagles in 2020 and has a role at the club in community and game development and is also West Coast’s AFLW midfield coach.
But he has played at East Perth for the past two seasons in the wake of West Coast’s decision to pull their WAFL side from the competition, only for the club to backflip on the decision soon after.
It is understood Brayshaw, who has two years remaining on his East Perth contract, could be forced to between remaining at the Royals or to end his commitments at West Coast once the AFLW season is over.

West Perth utility Sam Rotham and former Essendon forward Alec Waterman are also set to be told they will not be allowed to play for rival WAFL clubs while working at the Eagles.
Rotham has been with the Falcons since he was a teenager and has played league 56 games including in last year’s premiership for the Falcons.
He has worked for West Coast since the start of 2022 as a regional community officer, with his brother Josh on the Eagles playing list.

Waterman has worked with the Eagles since he was delisted by the Bombers at the end of the 2022 season and trained with their AFL side over the summer hoping to resurrect his career.
After playing five games for West Coast’s WAFL side this year before suffering a broken sternum, there has been speculation the 27-year-old is set to return to Claremont next year, the club where he won a fairest-and-best in 2020 before being drafted by the Bombers.

West Coast have a history of employing players who suit up for their WAFL side. Current captain Jackson Nelson is the Eagles’ community and game development officer.

Sam Rotham has worked at West Coast for two years.
That’s despite a WAFL rule that states: “The West Coast Eagles will not use employment opportunities at West Coast Eagles and/or third parties as the primary source for the recruitment of players as Top Up Players, to work outside of the TPP”.
The Eagles have been contacted for comment.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Another Woodcock special.

Hearing that Jai Culley may have to discontinue his shifts at a KFC store that is near one of Simmo’s HJs.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Colour me shocked that the most conservative club in the AFL, with no incentive to grow its supporter base, doesn't have a TikTok presence.

The club's still massively gun-shy from the drug scandal days and they've learned all of the wrong lessons from that.

Look at Collingwood - scandal after scandal and they just 'post through it'. Put out enough bullshit and people move on to the next thing. Instead we shut up shop and get a year long smear campaign.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Colour me shocked that the most conservative club in the AFL, with no incentive to grow its supporter base, doesn't have a TikTok presence.

The club's still massively gun-shy from the drug scandal days and they've learned all of the wrong lessons from that.

Look at Collingwood - scandal after scandal and they just 'post through it'. Put out enough bullshit and people move on to the next thing. Instead we shut up shop and get a year long smear campaign.
Hopefully the new CEO will realise the club has a long way to go in terms of fan engagement. The way things are run just come across as completely out of touch.

Well when they did their members survey, most responses came back via physcial post and had scrawls on them such as "what is this internet thing, no need for that", and "I recall when might Perth won the flag in 77, i was 30 then, and we didn't need no fancy tikbook or faceytime".

In short, they don't care about modern media because their core member base is old and doesn't care.

No. The difference is the pies are in a 10 club town. So no matter the news one day, the next has a new story about a different club or player that dilutes the outrage of the day before. Look at the Oliver situation earlier in the year.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

There's moves a foot in club land with coaching etc appointments and crickets from us. Who are we targeting? Are we waiting for granny to be decided.?

WCE have never announced any of their targets, other than tidbits of hearsay from the media.

Kelly the outlier but that was completely obvious from the get-go.

They've always been clandestine.

Dunno why people would think this year would be any different, tbh.

Better that way, than announcing you have a 'war chest' and only end up with some overpaid B-grade plodders to play in the 2nds.

WCE have never announced any of their targets, other than tidbits of hearsay from the media.

Kelly the outlier but that was completely obvious from the get-go.

They've always been clandestine.

Dunno why people would think this year would be any different, tbh.

Better that way, than announcing you have a 'war chest' and only end up with some overpaid B-grade plodders to play in the 2nds.
Coaching. Back of house. Non players

There's moves a foot in club land with coaching etc appointments and crickets from us. Who are we targeting? Are we waiting for granny to be decided.?

They are doing a survey as to how many current staffers immediate family members are unemployed and then they will make announcements when they move onto the extended family nominees

Can’t really trust the source but the West are saying the CEO job is Pyke’s if he wants it

Can’t really trust the source but the West are saying the CEO job is Pyke’s if he wants it

Yeah now that the other candidate Simon garlick has pulled out it must be don pyke.

Simon Garlick wasn’t even contacted about the job that was just a made up story by stickdick, * the west are a rabble of a newspaper😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back