Speculation Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

We have a lot of FAs but the list is bigger than it looks.
Kolo will sign, MOC already has.
Hawkins stanley and tuohy will all retire.
Duncan are 50/50 and bews will be delisted (body is cooked).
Danger wont go to another club.

Parfitt may leave but he would only get low compo say like band 4 or 5.
Stengle is the only one that would get band 1/2 but he will stay imo.

That's pretty much spot on

Still no excuse, it should be outlawed

How? What's to stop someone connected the the club starting a business and paying players to be ambassadors? Or a paid partnership? Or being placed on a "board" of a company. Politicians do it all the time.
This is the thing...people always spout off the mouth about how it's bad but conveniently ignore their own club doing it.

EVERYBODY DOES IT

Happens in Sports teams the World over. You can't stop athletes from getting endorsements/sponsorship without going full ban and in that case not earning any money at all playing sport....and we saw how well that worked for NCAA athletes in the US....LOL

How? What's to stop someone connected the the club starting a business and paying players to be ambassadors? Or a paid partnership? Or being placed on a "board" of a company. Politicians do it all the time.
This is the thing...people always spout off the mouth about how it's bad but conveniently ignore their own club doing it.

EVERYBODY DOES IT

Happens in Sports teams the World over. You can't stop athletes from getting endorsements/sponsorship without going full ban and in that case not earning any money at all playing sport....and we saw how well that worked for NCAA athletes in the US....LOL

And as I said it should be outlawed, stop trying to game the system.

I have no inside knowledge on where he will go but in regards to heading to Geelong for the quiet lifestyle etc, I don't see Bailey as the quiet family man-type who wants to live out of the limelight and just focus on his football.

I'd be surprised if he stays at the Dogs and fully expect him to be at Collingwood or Hawthorn next year.

I have no inside knowledge on where he will go but in regards to heading to Geelong for the quiet lifestyle etc, I don't see Bailey as the quiet family man-type who wants to live out of the limelight and just focus on his football.

I'd be surprised if he stays at the Dogs and fully expect him to be at Collingwood or Hawthorn next year.

You act as if Geelong is the only place where these people go to live.
There are beaches, surf spots, golf courses and fishing spots all down the coastline and beautiful places to live down the Southern Coast. Plus farming if anyone is ever interested in doing that (Jezza, Hawkins, Stanley etc)

All of this still close enough to Melbourne CBD to get your city/party lifestyle fix.

I think he’s going to the Hawks but I totally disagree with the notion that players only go to Geelong to live quiet family life.

Cash / full time midfield minutes are the reasons why Geelong were leading the charge was my mail not long ago. Plus he isn’t a huge fan of Bevo.

You act as if Geelong is the only place where these people go to live.
There are beaches, surf spots, golf courses and fishing spots all down the coastline and beautiful places to live down the Southern Coast. Plus farming if anyone is ever interested in doing that (Jezza, Hawkins, Stanley etc)

All of this still close enough to Melbourne CBD to get your city/party lifestyle fix.

I think he’s going to the Hawks but I totally disagree with the notion that players only go to Geelong to live quiet family life.

I was in no way denigrating the Geelong lifestyle. I agree the region has a lot to offer. I was more commenting that Bailey seems to be a guy who wants to be front and centre. A lot of guys have chosen to play for Geelong because they don't want to be in the fishbowl at all times.

Cash / full time midfield minutes are the reasons why Geelong were leading the charge was my mail not long ago. Plus he isn’t a huge fan of Bevo.
The full time midfield minutes is a guarantee with us, given we literally have no player currently able to play full time midfield minutes and impact

Libba is a chance to retire I’m hearing. Baz initially wanted to leave for midfield minutes, and this changes things.

Dogs are ramping up their offers for him. At the moment it’s looking like a 50/50 split between Dogs and Hawks.

Libba is a chance to retire I’m hearing. Baz initially wanted to leave for midfield minutes, and this changes things.

Dogs are ramping up their offers for him. At the moment it’s looking like a 50/50 split between Dogs and Hawks.

I was somewhat happy for him to go initially, but now that Libba is cooked, we desperately need him to stay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you know this? 😂

Yes guys no doubt have way more space in your cap, but how do you know where ours is at?

Its becoming a pretty easy throwaway line these days…
I'm talking about the space in our cap.

But you've thrown a thumper at Naughton, JUH has re-signed, and what is English worth?

Baz wants monster dollars. I just can't see you guys coughing them up, considering your other priorities.

But you've thrown a thumper at Naughton, JUH has re-signed, and what is English worth?

Baz wants monster dollars. I just can't see you guys coughing them up, considering your other priorities.

We have a decent amount of cap space, Hawks are offering him more but he’d prefer to stay at the Dogs, that’s the dilemma.

Depends what you’re offering. My mail was 1.2 from the cats and they were in front, money wise. I reckon the dogs could afford 1mil, if Libba ends up off the books. That could be an extra 500-600k.

People tend to forget that Naughton, English & most likely Baz would all have been on good money already. The first two would already be in the top 5 paid at the club.

It’s not like we have to find millions.

People tend to forget that Naughton, English & most likely Baz would all have been on good money already. The first two would already be in the top 5 paid at the club.

It’s not like we have to find millions.

Naughton was on 800k before his last deal which will probably be 1-1.1mil.
Not a huge leap.

If Libba retires, and it frees up cash, I hope it goes to Baileys offer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back