Teams Baltimore Ravens - Rise and Conquer

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazed they got a first round pick for a genuine head case like Brown who's contract is up very soon. Cards do what the Cards do I suppose, go with flash over substance.

Amazed they got a first round pick for a genuine head case like Brown who's contract is up very soon. Cards do what the Cards do I suppose, go with flash over substance.
Brown could very well reach his potential in that Cards offense and Kyler throwing. I am sure part of the complication with Brown was Lamar.

Brown could very well reach his potential in that Cards offense and Kyler throwing. I am sure part of the complication with Brown was Lamar.

Brown's still a baby who cries about targets and the Cards have Hopkins, Moore and Ertz also to feed.

$20m+ per year for sure

I for one am very happy that we traded away Brown and ended up with Hamilton and Linderbaum today

I am stoked. Incredible value for hollywood. There is definitely a WR bubble at the moment.

Really wanted JJ/Karlaftis at 25, but hopefully we can snag one of the remaining pass rushers tomorrow.

Linderbaum is so interesting. Really solidifies our O-line this year, especially if Stanley can play.

Positional value may be low, but we walked away with two blue chip players. Love it.

Positional value may be low
Last time I reacted to a center in the first round, I was laughing at the Cowboys...

I've learned from that. ;)

I don’t remember the Cowgirls ever achieving anything…. So joke is definitely on us.

Note:
I actually like the draftees, I just didn’t think they were a fit for our schemes.
Nah, Travis Frederick was a hell of a player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We spent big money on a FA safety…. Then drafted a safety with a top 16 pick. Unless we re getting rid of Chuck Clark OR playing Kyle Hamilton (OR CC) out of position in the slot / Off Ball LB; I don’t see how we make it work.
Chuck and/or Hamilton will effectively be a LB in nickel/dime packages. Plus Hamilton can actually cover TEs and some power slots (which Chuck can’t)

Chuck and/or Hamilton will effectively be a LB in nickel/dime packages. Plus Hamilton can actually cover TEs and some power slots (which Chuck can’t)
Apparently Macdonald likes playing 3 safety sets. Gives us lots of flexibility with Stephens playing more CB as well.

Also Linderbaum allows Mekari to be a legit swing position on the Oline, which is great versatility.

CB1+2,FS,SS being the first 4 DB in the dime. We spent pick 14 on a guy to be fifth cover option?

Note:
Just voicing my disapproval of our strategy on taking a big money FA and a top 16 pick for basically the same position on the field. although you can play 2 safeties, it’s a massive investment in 1 offseason in a single position.

We have obviously decided that our safeties including Chuck Clark were abysmal. I thought it was the practice squad CB that were the issue OR the non-existent pass rush. That was where I expected us to focus our resources.

As a former safety and huge fan of Ed Reed (GOAT), I love Hamilton’s game… he has Rare athleticism and elite cover instincts. Probably the best College Safety I have seen since possibly Sean Taylor. I just didn’t see us zigging in that direction.

CB1+2,FS,SS being the first 4 DB in the dime. We spent pick 14 on a guy to be fifth cover option?

Note:
Just voicing my disapproval of our strategy on taking a big money FA and a top 16 pick for basically the same position on the field. although you can play 2 safeties, it’s a massive investment in 1 offseason in a single position.

We have obviously decided that our safeties including Chuck Clark were abysmal. I thought it was the practice squad CB that were the issue OR the non-existent pass rush. That was where I expected us to focus our resources.

As a former safety and huge fan of Ed Reed (GOAT), I love Hamilton’s game… he has Rare athleticism and elite cover instincts. Probably the best College Safety I have seen since possibly Sean Taylor. I just didn’t see us zigging in that direction.
Maybe Chuck moves to more of a LB/fifth cover role. I don't think Hamilton is being pegged for a fifth cover option. Despite Chuck's occasional surprising pass wins, he's often the one getting targetted for a reason.

David Ojabo….

(NOT) Shocked to be sitting here!!!!

Shocked Patrick Stewart GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back