BBL Game 12 Melbourne Stars v Sydney Thunder 1500hrs @ Lavington Sports Ground

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

To think Marcus Stoinis is getting paid around $250,000-$300,000 per season is sickening.

Absolute disgusting performances and look its a culture thing. They have to hedge their bets Melbourne Stars management and let him go.

I wonder if he'll play the family card to get out of playing against the Sixers on Tuesday.

Look Im not a guy that is envious of people earning big bucks

Id have no palms if your doctor is earning $300k+ per year, a Petracca earning $700,000 per annum, your local Service Australia worker earning $65,000 per year.....but you cant be serious in thinking someone like the Stoin can be earning $250k-$300k per year for doing diddly per season (probably has 2 or 3 good games in a BBL season , each season).

This is hope out there for you young cricketers looking to aspire to earn the big bucks in Australia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Christian Petracca played 4 good games a season in a 23 game season, Demons fans would be absolutely livid.

Thats what the Stoin is dishing up right now.

For a supposedly 'marquee player' he is behind the pecking order of the Stars most important players right now in : Maxwell, Beau Webster, Cartwright................

He is their 4th best player, but in terms of overall players including the imports he is probably their 8th best player. Yep you heard right I rate Dawson, Usama Mir and Haris Rauf better than him.

Im reading these threads and social media, I dont even think the fans' approve of the Stoinis in their team.

The Stars need a clean out. And someone other than Cricket Victoria running them
Need to do what the renegades did and play youth over club cricketers. Not winning games anyway, so would be better off developing talent for future seasons.

20231223_180223.jpg

Similar photo to earlier in this thread, but this one was from the very back of the hill.
Beautiful spot for an afternoon of sport.

Back