BBL Match 11 Sydney Sixers v Hobart Hurricanes 1845hrs @ the SCG

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney from, Moises Henriques (c), Sean Abbott, Jackson Bird, Dan Christian, Ben Dwarshuis, Jack Edwards, Mickey Edwards, Daniel Hughes, Chris Jordan (OS), Hayden Kerr, Nathan Lyon, Todd Murphy, Izharulhaq Naveed (OS), Stephen O’Keefe, Kurtis Patterson, Josh Philippe, Jordan Silk, Steve Smith, James Vince (OS).
Hobart from, Matthew Wade (c), Asif Ali (OS), Faheem Ashraf (OS), Iain Carlisle, Zak Crawley (OS replacement), Tim David, Paddy Dooley, Nathan Ellis, Caleb Jewell, Shadab Khan (OS), Ben McDermott, Riley Meredith, Jimmy Neesham (OS replacement), Mitch Owen, Joel Paris, Wil Parker, D’Arcy Short, Billy Stanlake, Chris Tremain, Mac Wright.

Sydney and Adelaide are polar opposites- the forecast can be dreadful in Adelaide and it will magically not rain when the Cricket is on whereas I reckon there could be zero chance of rain in Sydney and there would still somehow be a rain delay.
I remember the Adelaide test in the 2010 Ashes where we were agonisingly close to a rained-out draw. Day 5 and the Poms needed two wickets pretty quickly as there was a deluge worth about 90mm on its way. Low and behold, about five minutes after they took the last wicket to win by an innings, the downpour started.

I remember the Adelaide test in the 2010 Ashes where we were agonisingly close to a rained-out draw. Day 5 and the Poms needed two wickets pretty quickly as there was a deluge worth about 90mm on its way. Low and behold, about five minutes after they took the last wicket to win by an innings, the downpour started.
The rain that day was biblical.

Sydney and Adelaide are polar opposites- the forecast can be dreadful in Adelaide and it will magically not rain when the Cricket is on whereas I reckon there could be zero chance of rain in Sydney and there would still somehow be a rain delay.

The SCG is like a magnet for rain, it can be dry in most other places around Sydney but somehow the rain will just hang around the SCG.

It looks like the rain is clearing on the radar but who knows when it will actually stop at the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like the rain isn't heavy enough to stop a game of cricket but you obviously can't start a game while it's raining.
The thing with the SCG is its basically in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney, above 10km inland of the coast of the beaches. When it rains, it usually lingers around too.

Seems like the rain isn't heavy enough to stop a game of cricket but you obviously can't start a game while it's raining.
I think they said before that they can start a game if it's raining lightly enough that they wouldn't come off if they were playing. Might have to stop to take the covers off though

BBL Match 11 Sydney Sixers v Hobart Hurricanes 1845hrs @ the SCG

Back