Delisted Ben Lennon [delisted]

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha try Weitering, Curnow, Marchbank, Cripps, Docherty, SPS, Plowman, Pickett, Fisher, Williamson, Cuningham, Silvagni, Bryne, Kennedy, McKay, plus pick 3, 10 and 30. Put that against your list of average depth footballers and seriously tell me there is any comparison. Any unbiased supporter would acknowledge we have more young talent than North. They Still have plenty of development to go and not all will make it but in terms of pure talent we simply have more high end depth.

Everyone craps on about GWS rejects but we have drafted heavily with a considerable amount of first and second round picks whilst cutting 42 players from our list in four years. We have shed most of our dead wood and.built primary through the draft with some cheap GWS youngsters, which we won or broke even on every trade with them in the past 3 years.

Wow that's an amazing list, Suprised that Carlton finished 3rd last with just 6 wins and 78%

All i see is names of kids who were high draft picks that are just starting, You will find at least 50% of the names on your list wont be at your club in 5-6 years time.

So who is getting Ben Lennon Carlton or North - This is the Ben Lemon thread isnt it

Wow that's an amazing list, Suprised that Carlton finished 3rd last with just 6 wins and 78%

All i see is names of kids who were high draft picks that are just starting, You will find at least 50% of the names on your list wont be at your club in 5-6 years time.

So who is getting Ben Lennon Carlton or North - This is the Ben Lemon thread isnt it
How does that make sense? We've already cut most players from our list in the past four years...75% of our list are kids...why would we cut heavily?

The young Carlton players were high end elite juniors. That doesn't always translate into elite afl players but they have more chance. That's my point. Our players aren't proven but they are higher end talent with more potential.

As you have stated the pedigree is great but at this stage potential is nothing if it isn't fulfilled. I am not saying your list or the youth is crap I'm addressing your analysis of ours in comparison to yours. The fact that you've just 40 odd players means your recruiting staff threw a few gutterballs, are we to assume these kids are all definite hits. Facts are some will make it, some won't but to more directly address you point is the list of players you noted for North would be comparable to lower end first 22 at most clubs.

It is great news. SOS has done magnificent getting us cluster first round picks which is a proven formula for success couples with a strong culture and leadership.

GWS ,Melbourne , GC , StKIlda , Carlton - Have had a mortgage on the 1st round picks the last 15 years

Western Bulldogs & Richmond teams of 2016/17 are full of late picks and Rookies

It is great news. SOS has done magnificent getting us cluster first round picks which is a proven formula for success couples with a strong culture and leadership.

Time will tell at this point but topping up on GWS reserve players doesn't correlate with sustained success.

Ok I'm out. Good chats north fans. Best of luck for the future with your elite young list :)

Are you ******* thick, we are aware of areas on the list that we need to address. That is not to say there isn't promise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS Seniors couldnt beat Richmond or GWS to flags when they were primed, Hard to see their reserves team getting close

Honestly, I tend to agree, there are AFL quality players amongst the pick ups but I think it's telling the GWS hasn't really put up much of fight too keep. I think the recruiting is a bit to skewed that way a few players fine but a large number might be problematic.

That's fine but at this stage none of those are nailed on elite players like you mention earlier of that list Plowman, Kennedy, Marchbank and Pickett are the most likely to be elite but I see those players being comparable to players on all lists.

That's fine but at this stage none of those are nailed on elite players like you mention earlier of that list Plowman, Kennedy, Marchbank and Pickett are the most likely to be elite but I see those players being comparable to players on all lists.
So we gave up not much and got young talented players with big ceilings and that is problematic? Marchbank was very impressive until he got injured late in the year. Plowman had a solid season and looks to be a 200 game player. Kennedy will be a solid B / midfielder and Pickett has heaps of talent just needs some continuity with his body. But his last four games were exciting and has started the pre-season injury free.

How many players request to be traded to north?

So we gave up not much and got young talented players with big ceilings and that is problematic? Marchbank was very impressive until he got injured late in the year. Plowman had a solid season and looks to be a 200 game player. Kennedy will be a solid B / midfielder and Pickett has heaps of talent just needs some continuity with his body. But his last four games were exciting and has started the pre-season injury free.

How many players request to be traded to north?

All I said by that is if the concentration of players who GWS let go so easily would probably point to a theory that GWS don't rate the ceilings of those guys as high as what they have and are content to let them go. Having too many may have have an imbalanced effect on your list. Might not also but the risk is there.

I couldn't care less on how many players ask to join North, although IF we show genuine improvement I'd expect that to change to some degree.

Seeing this is the Ben Lennon thread, are either of Carlton or north a chance to pick up Lennon?

Doesn't suit North we have higher priorities, as said about 10 pages ago if we went for another DFA i'd prefer Hartung as a place holder.

All I said by that is if the concentration of players who GWS let go so easily would probably point to a theory that GWS don't rate the ceilings of those guys as high as what they have and are content to let them go. Having too many may have have an imbalanced effect on your list. Might not also but the risk is there.

I couldn't care less on how many players ask to join North, although IF we show genuine improvement I'd expect that to change to some degree.
GWS have drafted so much elite talent and they couldn't keep them all so we made the most of opportunities. As I've highlighted at length, we didn't give up much for players that were top ten draft picks in recent years. Plus we drafted 5 players in 2015 and 6 in 2016 so it's not like we have just relied on gws players. But don't let facts get in the way of a good troll. Don't tell me you wouldn't do any of those trades if Plowman, Marchbank, Pickett or Kennedy nominated north. You'd be laughing

GWS have drafted so much elite talent and they couldn't keep them all so we made the most of opportunities. As I've highlighted at length, we didn't give up much for players that were top ten draft picks in recent years. Plus we drafted 5 players in 2015 and 6 in 2016 so it's not like we have just relied on gws players. But don't let facts get in the way of a good troll. Don't tell me you would do any of those trades if Plowman, Marchbank, Pickett or Kennedy nominated north. You'd be laughing

How am I being a troll, because I disagree?

My point is if these players were valued higher by GWS they would have driven a harder bargain, or would there have been more suitors. Again I am saying they will probably be solid players, just not as convinced as you that they will be elite and to that end I think every list has players on their list comparable to those guys, even North. If they nominated North great but I am not losing any sleep that they didn't.

How am I being a troll, because I disagree?

My point is if these players were valued higher by GWS they would have driven a harder bargain, or would there have been more suitors. Again I am saying they will probably be solid players, just not as convinced as you that they will be elite and to that end I think every list has players on their list comparable to those guys, even North. If they nominated North great but I am not losing any sleep that they didn't.
I think Marchbank and Pickett could be elite. Kennedy and Plowman solid b graders. I am stoked with our present list build and think we will have long term sustainable success

Oh. Came into the wrong room. Thought this was the f&%@ing Ben Lennon thread !

It's the Carlton vs North best list/dick measuring thread.
Same result. They're both like like spotty prepubescent boys, both lacking much substance, a bit light on for performance and are years away from maturity. Might fluke the odd one.

Surprising?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back