Ben Simmons will be an NBA bust

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats precisely why i want simmons to go to rhe lakers. Its his best chance for success. All he needs to do is develop himself and show that he can win games. Good players will come to LA
Are you legit? LA is probably the worst situation. Delusional management still thinking that they're the Lakers of 1970-2010 that attracted top tier talent without having to do much, roster filled with unknowns and a serious lack of talent and a rookie coach who is yet to prove his worth.

With Simmons' attitude, lack of a jumpshot and tendency to not try his hardest on defence I can't see it being a great fit.

Are you legit? LA is probably the worst situation. Delusional management still thinking that they're the Lakers of 1970-2010 that attracted top tier talent without having to do much, roster filled with unknowns and a serious lack of talent and a rookie coach who is yet to prove his worth.

With Simmons' attitude, lack of a jumpshot and tendency to not try his hardest on defence I can't see it being a great fit.
My reasoning is that of simmons becomes a very good nba player , reaching franchise level, it will be a hell of alot easier to attract talent in LA

My reasoning is that of simmons becomes a very good nba player , reaching franchise level, it will be a hell of alot easier to attract talent in LA

LA haven't attracted a decent free agent since Shaq tho?

They've swung for the fences and a landed a hobbled Payton and Malone, Brian Shaw, Rick Fox, Metta, Steve Blake, Swaggy P and Lou Williams in the last 15 odd years

We will find out soon enough, draft lottery is next Tuesday so I think its Wednesday for us? fingers crossed its not the lakers, hate that team/organization!

I think they will land Demarcus Cousins and Harrison Barnes as free agents and draft Simmons

C: Cousins ~ Hibbert
PF: Randle ~ Larry Nance jn
SF: Barnes ~ Simmons
SG:
PG: Clarkson ~

DeMarcus Cousins free agent
Harrison Barnes free agent

And I think they will trade Nick Young for a bag of potato chips and D'angelo Russell for a shooting guard

I think they will land Demarcus Cousins and Harrison Barnes as free agents and draft Simmons

C: Cousins ~ Hibbert
PF: Randle ~ Larry Nance jn
SF: Barnes ~ Simmons
SG:
PG: Clarkson ~

DeMarcus Cousins free agent
Harrison Barnes free agent

And I think they will trade Nick Young for a bag of potato chips and D'angelo Russell for a shooting guard

DMC is under contract for 2 more years
Hibbert is out of contract and will be pushed/walk
Young will be waived/stretched
There is no chance they trade DAR right now

I'd give them a chance at Barnes and Festus Ezeli,and even then.... not really

DMC is under contract for 2 more years
Hibbert is out of contract and will be pushed/walk
Young will be waived/stretched
There is no chance they trade DAR right now

I'd give them a chance at Barnes and Festus Ezeli,and even then.... not really

Doesn't he have an opt out clause after 2 years?

Must be someone else.

Things will become much clearer for Ben in 4 days time.
Number 1 lottery ball will go to Boston Celtics

LA haven't attracted a decent free agent since Shaq tho?

They've swung for the fences and a landed a hobbled Payton and Malone, Brian Shaw, Rick Fox, Metta, Steve Blake, Swaggy P and Lou Williams in the last 15 odd years

However they got Pau in the bargain of the century, and had got Chris Paul (until Stern blocked it) through trade.

It will depend on how Walton goes as coach, but if players think they will be succesful, then LA will always be an attractive destination for certain groups of players.

I dont see anyone elite jumping there now (ie. Cousins a possibility, KD definitely not) but if this young group is succesful now that Kobes ghost has left the building, then they will be attractive again. Even now, pretty much every top free agent has still interviewed there and had them in consideration.

Howard? Kobe is a massive reason they havnt signed anyone decent. He is too hard to deal with

Howard was a trade who flew the nest at the first available opportunity.

Horry - trade
Pau - trade
Kobe - draft/trade
Bynum - draft
Odom - trade

Even in previous eras they rarely attracted any free agents

Wilt - trade
Kareem - trade

Bbest laker free agent signings since 1980 - http://www.lakersnation.com/top-10-los-angeles-lakers-free-agent-signings-since-1980/2012/06/30/

It ain't a pretty list

The list of the Lakers’ most expensive free agents (with “most expensive” serving as a proxy here for “best,” or “most sought-after”) over the last five summers seems impossible: they’re all role players. Fine role players, sure, but still role players. Here they are, listed with the years and total salary they received:

• 2014: Nick Young (four years, $21.5 million)
  • 2013: Chris Kaman (one year, $3.2 million)
  • 2012: Jordan Hill (two years, $8 million)
  • 2011: Josh McRoberts (two years, $6.2 million)
  • 2010: Steve Blake (four years, $16 million)
Incredibly, the Lakers’ record of free agent restraint goes back even before 2010. In the summer of 2009, they actually signed two free agents for over $30 million: Metta World Peace for five years, $34 million, and Lamar Odom for four years, $33 million. The two free agents before that to be signed for over $30 million were Luke Walton in 2007 (six years, $30 million) and Vladimir Radmanovic in 2006 (five years, $31 million).

In the last 20 years—going back before the start of Mitch Kupchak’s 15-year tenure—the Lakers have only signed two free agents for over $50 million. The first was Bryant in 2004, who briefly entered the free agent market before being brought back by the team for a true mega-deal: seven years, $136.4 million. The biggest signing before that came in 1996, when the team signed Shaquille O’Neal away from the Orlando Magic for seven years, $120 million—a sum that is pretty huge now, but was flabbergasting back in ’96.

Shamelessly lifted - http://thesportspost.com/nba-los-angeles-lakers-free-agency-2/#axzz48VzjsAYK

He's what 19-20

His game will develop ...has great handle for someone his size

I'm sure he will be a fine player ....no he won't be Kevin durant

But who does reach that level

He's what 19-20

His game will develop ...has great handle for someone his size

I'm sure he will be a fine player ....no he won't be Kevin durant

But who does reach that level

No one compared him to KD, that's brandom ingram.

Most comparisons have been to a poor mans lebron, more like a lamar odom.

If he fixes his shooting and defensive application then he could reach elite level...it'll be a fun career to follow!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one compared him to KD, that's brandom ingram.

Most comparisons have been to a poor mans lebron, more like a lamar odom.

If he fixes his shooting and defensive application then he could reach elite level...it'll be a fun career to follow!

Keep him away from Kylie or Kendall Jenner (Kardashian)

fak that, i hope he has both of em at the same time...

Na, that family is toxic.

If he wants twins, go for Mary Kate and Ashleigh Olsen.

I'm sure he can find some fine female specimen to get silly with. Just not that family.

Howard was a trade who flew the nest at the first available opportunity.

Horry - trade
Pau - trade
Kobe - draft/trade
Bynum - draft
Odom - trade

Even in previous eras they rarely attracted any free agents

Wilt - trade
Kareem - trade

Bbest laker free agent signings since 1980 - http://www.lakersnation.com/top-10-los-angeles-lakers-free-agent-signings-since-1980/2012/06/30/

It ain't a pretty list

The list of the Lakers’ most expensive free agents (with “most expensive” serving as a proxy here for “best,” or “most sought-after”) over the last five summers seems impossible: they’re all role players. Fine role players, sure, but still role players. Here they are, listed with the years and total salary they received:

• 2014: Nick Young (four years, $21.5 million)
  • 2013: Chris Kaman (one year, $3.2 million)
  • 2012: Jordan Hill (two years, $8 million)
  • 2011: Josh McRoberts (two years, $6.2 million)
  • 2010: Steve Blake (four years, $16 million)
Incredibly, the Lakers’ record of free agent restraint goes back even before 2010. In the summer of 2009, they actually signed two free agents for over $30 million: Metta World Peace for five years, $34 million, and Lamar Odom for four years, $33 million. The two free agents before that to be signed for over $30 million were Luke Walton in 2007 (six years, $30 million) and Vladimir Radmanovic in 2006 (five years, $31 million).

In the last 20 years—going back before the start of Mitch Kupchak’s 15-year tenure—the Lakers have only signed two free agents for over $50 million. The first was Bryant in 2004, who briefly entered the free agent market before being brought back by the team for a true mega-deal: seven years, $136.4 million. The biggest signing before that came in 1996, when the team signed Shaquille O’Neal away from the Orlando Magic for seven years, $120 million—a sum that is pretty huge now, but was flabbergasting back in ’96.

Shamelessly lifted - http://thesportspost.com/nba-los-angeles-lakers-free-agency-2/#axzz48VzjsAYK

exactly. i hate it when people say "oh the lakers always get the best free agents!!111!!!"

we never do!!

The number of players across all professional basketball leagues in the world who have traditionally been poor jump shooters throughout their career and tried for many years to fix it without much success is longer than the United States declaration of independence.

If it was one of the easiest parts of a player's game to fix, given the amount of time and effort spent trying to improve it, we would hardly see any poor shooters. The few who do manage to make significant improvements to their jump shot take a long time to do so.

I'm not saying B. Simmons will be a bust because of it, nor that it's impossible to improve. But to say it's one of the easiest things to fix is crap on a stick.

I think it's been proven with the right shooting coach and right work ethic you can improve drastically as a shooter. The guy the Spurs used (not sure if they still do) worked wonders with Parker and then a miracle with Leonard completely reworking his shot and turning him into an incredibly efficient shooter.

Hard to know what goes on for other poor shooters who never improve but I would assume that there's plenty who just give up, never get the right coaching or mentally can't turn things around. You just have to consider the number of incompetent head coaches that constantly get jobs around the league and how poorly some franchises are run and then you can see how shooting coaches may never be a priority.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back