Competitions Best 22 of the last 30 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there an option to make David Mackay captain?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

51b011c9-643b-4055-9484-01584e0eddbc.jpg
Swap out Porps for Welsh for my list.

Rest I agree.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hart Rutten Johncock
McLeod Talia Laird
Goodwin Thompson Johnson
Rehn Ricciuto Edwards
Jarman Walker Dangerfield
Betts Modra Welsh
Sloane McGuiness Smart
Vince

Now now, the Adelaide Crows don't let you pick Kane Johnson or Bernie Vince. Try again mate.

DEFINITES
Darren Jarman
Andrew McLeod
Anthony Modra
Mark Ricciuto
Shaun Rehn
Simon Goodwin
Tyson Edwards
Ben Hart
Nigel Smart
Eddie Betts

PROBABLES
David Pittman
Mark Stevens

Jason Porplyzia
Patrick Dangerfield
Scott Thompson
Graham Johncock
Ben Rutten

MAYBES
Taylor Walker
Rory Sloane
Rory Laird
Tony McGuiness
Matthew Robran
Chris McDermott
Scott Welsh
Daniel Talia
Mark Bickley
John Klug
Tony Hall
Andrew Jarman
Matthew Clarke
Sam Jacobs
Richard Douglas
Michael Doughty
Brent Reilly
Brodie Smith
Nathan Bassett
Kurt Tippett
Matthew Liptak
Kane Johnson

You can't be serious having these two in the 'Probables'.
They're not even 'Maybes' when we've got Sauce, Tippett, Walker, Welsh in the 'Maybes'

Also, where is Bock?

They're not even 'Maybes' when we've got Sauce, Tippett, Walker, Welsh in the 'Maybes'

Also, where is Bock?
Mark Stevens was a bloody star.

Also, it's my list!! And I'm keeping it! :)

My best 22 has a "no dickheads policy". Simon Goodwin lucky to scrape in

can they produce a spuds list? Mad-Dog, Jake Kelly, Brett Chalmers...the list is endless!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, where is Bock?
Bock really only had the one good year ('08). He was a forward prior to that (and a very average one), and then his next two seasons were riddled with off-field incidents and injury.

If I were picking a best 22 to win a game, I wouldn't pick both Rehn and Jacobs.

I think Kurt Tippett is the better player as a forward/ruck. Toss up between him and Welsh, maybe could even play both along with Modra, Walker, Betts and Jarman who are obviously all locks.

Modra these days would be more a dynamic high-flying third tall

If I were picking a best 22 to win a game, I wouldn't pick both Rehn and Jacobs.

I think Kurt Tippett is the better player as a forward/ruck. Toss up between him and Welsh, maybe could even play both along with Modra, Walker, Betts and Jarman who are obviously all locks.

F*** being a 3rd tall on a guy like Mods, with the arm chop rules today he'd run amok

Thats mine picked

I might quibble on Sloane on a wing or even in the side but I am also struggling to find someone there. Tregenza didnt have the longevity and I think 150 games should be a good cut off point - which means Welsh might miss as well - maybe Liptak in that pocket?

Anthony Modra (Medium Forward)
Strengths - Overhead marking, goal kicking, set shot, x-factor
Weaknesses - Defensive pressure, ladies
Player Comparison - Mitch McGovern (if Mitch McGovern was one of the greatest of all time)

Bock really only had the one good year ('08). He was a forward prior to that (and a very average one), and then his next two seasons were riddled with off-field incidents and injury.
Hmm you may be right.
I went back and had a look at the stats, and was surprised that he kicked 29 goals in 07. When you look at his end to 06 and start of 07, it reads like he's a gun key forward. I really have no recollection of him being any good up forward at all.

I honestly thought he had at least 2-3 years at CHB for us. He was an amazing rebounding defender, used the ball very well, and could dominate an opponent. I remember him doing a number on Riewoldt.

I guess it's your list.

But for the record, Stevens' best two years (01-02) he kicked a combined 59 goals.

Tippett with 101 across 2009-10
And you have a point. I'm just remembering Stevo's best perhaps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back