Best sledges you have heard at the footy or any sport for that matter !

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 30, 2005
in a house
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
box hill
what is the best sledge you have heard at the footy !

Kimbopen and i heard one in tassie telling Croad to be careful cause Minson was wearing a skirt after he whinged to the Ump to no avail :D

"(Geelong's Matthew) Stokesy! Thanks for the premiership mate!!"

"That free was charity, Johndick!" (a Freudian slip ;) )

This beauty at the cricket, when everyone was bored and laying into Mitchell Johnson."
"Johnson, I've seen roadkill move faster than you!" (funnier because it was said by a 6 year old :D )

This last one wasn't really a sledge, but a form of entertainment at one of our players' expense during the horrendous game against the Bulldogs last year. Joey was walking right past us along the boundary(we were six rows from the fence), so I yelled: "DOOO something Kennedy! Don't think! DOOOO!"

In grade cricket - One of the guys yelled out when the oppositions number 11 came in to bat "He's a Ferret, he's in after the Bunnies!" (Ironically, the #11 top scored for the other team that day)

Well, if you broaden it to cricket, there are some rippers, eg:

1. Rod Marsh to Botham (I think), "How is your wife and my kids?" The reply is, unfortunately, against BF rules.

2. McGrath asked Brandes why he was so fat, he replied, "because every time I sleep with your wife she gives me a biscuit"

Edit: http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/05/16/1052885405496.html

Couple of years ago (at a game against Essendon i think) we were getting a particularly rough run with the umpires (led by Goldie) and a typical announcement came over the speakers asking for Mr X (cant remember the name) to come to the information office straight away.

Upon hearing this a guy in the crowd yelled out "hope he is an umpire"

I believe it was Ian Healy to Arjuna Ranatunga:

"You can't have a runner for being fat!"

Nicely cleaned up.

So many good cricket one, most not repeatable.

Healy in a South Africa tour match, a bit of a porky batsman on strike..

"Warney, lob a Mars Bar down, we'll get him stumped"

Hansie Cronje was at the other end, pissing himself

sorry guys, i deleted this post as my sledge had the wrong name and was embarrassing.

cheers

Used to be this story going around district cricket ranks (which convinces me it's apocryphal) about a batsman sledging the umpire for a perceived rough decision. The umpire replied, "of course I'm not a very good umpire - you think I'd be umpiring the fourths if I was?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cricket soft ball what ever sport grizz it does not matter as long as it is a sledge if words not appropriate i guess see if it can be done with out the swear words and just add that there were a few extra words that could not be added and we will get the drift so to speak .

I think it was Warnie to Eddy Hemmings:
Warnie "Hey Eddy, why are you so fat"?
Eddy's reply was "because every time I f#*k you missus, she throws me a biscuit.

No, definitely McGrath and Eddo Brandes

5th Test, Adelaide, Australia vs West Indies, Day 1, 1989.

Merv Hughes fielding at deep fine leg in front of the scoreboard.

Barracker calls out "How many wickets have you taken since Perth, Merv?" (Hughes had got a hat-trick & 14 wickets in that test)

Merv gives the barracker the two fingered salute.

The reply was "And you can't ******* count either!" (Hughes had only taken 1)

Crowd erupts with laughter.

Was there that day, heard it, wish I'd been quick (or drunk) enough to say it.

During a tour match back in the 70's/80's a local bowler had managed to beat Viv Richards' outside edge a few times in a row.

He stopped halfway down the pitch and said, "Hey Viv, it's red, round, covered in leather, and has stitching all the way round the middle."

Richards knocks the next ball for 6, clearing the grandstand and looks the bowler square in the eyes, and replies, "Since you know what it looks like, you go ****ing find it!"

Hawthorn v Richmond 2008.

Hawks where having a dog of a day, Buddy gets the ball and screwed up....the drunk Richmond supporter stands up and with erratic yelling says "BUDDY HACK!". Had to be there, it was actually pretty funny.:D

Mark Waugh v James Ormond

MW: **** me, look who it is. Mate, what are you doing out here, there's no way you're good enough to play for England

JO: Maybe not, but at least i'm the best player in my family

Beat me to it. THE best sledge I've heard. :D

Malcolm Marshall was bowling to David Boon who had played and missed a couple of times. Marshall says "Now, David, are you going to get out now or am I going to have to bowl around the wicket and kill you?"

Fred Trueman bowling. The batsman edges and the ball goes to first slip, and right between Raman Subba Row's legs. Fred doesn't say a word. At the end of the over, Row ambles past Trueman and apologises. "I should've kept my legs together, Fred. "So should your mother," he replied.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back