Unofficial Preview Best 22! Who’s in the team Round 1, 2023?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever helps Hawthorn Big footy posters sleep better at night.

Big footy poster : What’s a sprained ACL

Medical Industry: it’s a very small tear in the ACL ligament. We have a grading system that defines ACL injuries. It’s a Grade 1 injury.

Big footy poster: what’s a grade 1 ACL Injury

Medical Industry : it’s a “stretched” ACL ligament with a very small tear of the ACL ligament, it’s when the ACL usually doesn’t require intervention by way of surgery. It could lead to a ruptured ACL if left untreated, which does require surgery.

Big Footy Poster : No, you said it was a sprain

Medical Industry: ok, we’ll redefine our grading system and definition to help you sleep better at night and we won’t use the word tear at all because it triggers meltdowns for Hawthorn Big Footy posters.

Big Footy Poster : phew thanks for that, I’m glad it’s just a sprain.

Medical Industry : Sure 🍷

Whatever helps Hawthorn Big footy posters sleep better at night.

Blah blah blah

Medical Industry : Sure 🍷
You might want to read your entire post history.

Haven't done one of these for a while.
Will assume Morrison is fit by round 1.

B. Hardwick Frost Impey
HB. Jiath Sicily Scrimshaw
C. Amon Newcombe Morrison
HF. Moore Kosi Wingard
F. Breust Reeves Greene

Foll: Meek Ward Worpel
IC: Nash Day Macdonald Maginness
Sub: Stephens

Still a hard task. I don't like not having a debutant in there.

Haven't done one of these for a while.
Will assume Morrison is fit by round 1.

B. Hardwick Frost Impey
HB. Jiath Sicily Scrimshaw
C. Amon Newcombe Morrison
HF. Moore Kosi Wingard
F. Breust Reeves Greene

Foll: Meek Ward Worpel
IC: Nash Day Macdonald Maginness
Sub: Stephens

Still a hard task. I don't like not having a debutant in there.
Good team - but, if 2MP plays, I would have Blanck over Frost.

Almost certainly 2 rucks without Lewis starting. Outside chance of three while the coaches assess each rucks forward prowess against the best defenders

Having a tactical sub might enable that to happen too

Wouldn’t be surprised if frost plays over DGB to give us a bit more flexibility in moving other players up the ground and experience with Lewis out.

Also Day, scrim and CJ have rarely been fit at same time - reckon impey misses in place of a mid.

Also reckon Jai, Nash and ward are ahead of worpel and stephens in the pecking order (but subject to rest of preseason) - worpel/stephens possibly fighting for one spot. But maybe this doesn’t matter given we’ve lost Mitchell and JOM - possibly can accomodate all.

How’s Greene been going over preseason? He’s been sort of assumed as a lock based on vfl form but still may have a way to go. Serong has some talent.

Reckon we’ll also try to squeeze in butler - we seem to rate him highly.

Hardwick Blanck Frost
CJ Sicily Scrim
Day Nash Amon
Moore Kosi Wingard
Breust Reeves MacDonald
Meek Jai Ward
I: Maginness, Stephens, Greene/Serong, Butler, Mackenzie
This is closest to what I think will actually play. Worpel the only one who might come in.

I think it is a good sign that despite loosing a lot of experience, we have added 4 'mature' age recruits to that side and only 1 uncapped player.

Decent depth as well with Impey, Bramble, Lewis, Worpel, Morrison not in that team. Add a few more fringe players and there is a realistic 30+ players who could get a start rd 1. Clear that we are lacking current A graders, but we are clearly better off than we are being portrayed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back