Unofficial Preview Best 22! Who’s in the team Round 1, 2023?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
B: Hardwick, Blanck , CJ
HB: Day, DGB , Sicily
C: Amon, Worpel, Finn
HF: Moore, Kozi , Breust
F: Wingard, Lewis, Brockman
Foll: Ned, Newcomb, Cmac

Bench: Meek, Ward, Scrimshaw, Weddel, Frenchy

Emerg: Impey, Butler, Frost

B Sicily Blancke Hardwick
HB Jiath DGB Scrimshaw
C Amon Worpel Day
HF Moore Lewis McDonald
F Wingard Koschitzke Bruest
FOLL Meek Ward Newcombe
I/C- Nash, Stephens, Impey, Magginess
Emerg- Frost, Reeves, Butler, Mckenzie, Morrison

100%. With neither Mitchell nor O'Meara there, we should see him return to this form. However, he could well start the year out of the team, and as TylerDurden said above me, "He's got a bunch of young guns breathing down his neck."
If Worpel starts the season out of the team and it's not injury, I would really fear for his future.
Can see the coaching staff go with the experience we have left and put it up to the young lads to say take the spot off them.

If Worpel starts the season out of the team and it's not injury, I would really fear for his future.
Can see the coaching staff go with the experience we have left and put it up to the young lads to say take the spot off them.

As with most of our mids, if he can do two roles he’s in. Or be a top 100 midfielder consistently

I've been harbouring this secret fear in the back of my mind that three of our potentially most vital players, Day, Reeves and Lewis, are injury-prone...

:sadv1:

Put a line through Lewis for round 1. Sprained ACL.

So with gunner and Mitch out from rd1 2022 that 6 of our 11 goals missing, and 8 of the 19 goals from round 2

Hopefully, we can be unpredictable. Sicily bruest Wingard Moore Amon impey our next most reliable. Mostly small though

Better go with “Best 26” as yesterday shows it’s inevitable we will start with 3-5 players unavailable due to injury. 🙃

Time to play Jeka at FF
Correct. Every team will have injuries. Kozi and Jeka will acquit themselves well up forward. Serong is also an option. Rama may get a call-up. Hopefully Lewis gets back in the second half of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Lewis missing the start of the season and Gunston gone I reckon it's a lock that Greene will play Round 1 now.

Need a senior player who can kick goals to replace their output and he fits the bill.

Bloody crap news about Lewis though, that's not what we need right now 😒

With Lewis missing the start of the season and Gunston gone I reckon it's a lock that Greene will play Round 1 now.

Need a senior player who can kick goals to replace their output and he fits the bill.

Bloody crap news about Lewis though, that's not what we need right now 😒
Yep Greene is in the mix. We could go very nimble up forward. Wingard, Breust, Moore, Brockman, Butler...

Re Lewis, he’s a little injury prone the poor bugger. Hopefully it’s just a small tear that heals quickly and doesn't rupture and is back early in the season.

Greene a lock now.
Same with Kosi. Possibly Jeka.

We're gonna need Breust, Chad and Moore to hit the scoreboard now, to be any chance.
There's something about the mix of Breust, Chad, Moore, Brockman and Butler all playing forward that’s exciting. I like it a lot.

With the terrible news regarding Lewis:

Hardwick - Blanck - DGB
Scrimshaw - Sicily - CJ

Meek - Newcombe - Ward
Amon - Maginess - Day

Moore - Kosi - MacDonald
Breust - Reeves - Wingard

Bench: Nash - Impey - * - **

* one of Greene / Jeka / Serong / Butler
** one of Mackenzie / Worpel / Stephens / Morrison

A sprain is a term that is used to describe a small tear.

Depends on the injury, but to the best of my knowledge a sprain can be an overstretch or a tear. Doesn't have to be a tear. I speak as someone who has had three sprained ankles, but only one had a (small) tear.

I'm sure someone like sven_inc could be more precise here :)

Can be, but not necessarily, from my understanding anyway...
Spot on. All ligament injuries are graded 1, 2 or 3.

They all involve damage of different severity to the ligament.

A complete rupture / snap is grade 3 and almost inevitably requires reconstructive surgery.

Grade 2 is an in incomplete tear with moderate pain/swelling.

Grade 1 is stretching/straining of the ligament…..often with a small tear.

Hopefully Lewis’ injury is more a grade 1 than 2. If so, then it’s 6-8 weeks. If it’s grade 2, that’s usually 3 months.

The fact they’ve ready ruled him out for Rd 1 suggests it could be closer to grade 2. 😬

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back