• Qualifying Final v Geelong (91-40)

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Preliminary Final v GWS (103-67)

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Grand Final v Adelaide (108-60)

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Umm, I am going to go with the West Coast win in Round 3. Yes, it doesn't look as impressive in hindsight but that was probably the game where I started to think that we could genuinely be a good side. Our gameplan looked good and our pressure was great, especially after half time.

Other wins that I liked were the GWS, Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Hawthorn and St Kilda wins.

The Fremantle win for our accuracy in front of goal and the margin.

It's easily the Port win for me.

The Melbourne win was very nice considering our record against them, but the comeback has a slight * next to it because it was with 3 Demons on the bench injured. The GWS one was good too, but it was on our home deck with GWS in patchy form with a shocking record there.

The Port game came after an 8 game stretch where we went 3-5, including wins against Carlton and Norf. In that time we were belted in Adelaide, lost consecutive close ones to the Dogs, Freo & GWS and another to Sydney.

If anyone really remembers the Port game, it was a very high pressure game and in the third quarter it really looked like Port was about to rip it open. Stepping up from there to get & keep our noses in front was a sign of real quality and maturity and is why it was the most enjoyable to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port ... the win where I started to believe we were a genuine threat and not just a pretender of previous finals campaigns in '14 and '15.
We were seriously challlenged that night and responded

Agreed. But when the OP posted "If you were to watch one replay this week in the lead up to the QF..." the Port game is hampered by us being the away team, and the atmosphere lacks when we get our run on, for mine.

So to answer the question, probably the Dees or GWS home games.

Melbourne for me. Hadn't beaten them for a long time. We'd been playing terrible but were able to turn it around. They were being pricks for the whole game. Such an arrogant team with absolutely no reason to be.

Them missing finals was the cherry on top. And people give us a hard time for 'getting ahead' of ourselves.

Port game for me.

Hawthorn and GWS wins were great too, which had a fair bit of pressure associated with them.

Freo win, I felt like we played our best football. Hard to judge, based on the opposition though.

Back