Universal Love Vale Paul Dear - 1991 Norm Smith medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 20, 2006
Manhattan, New York
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sending all the best wishes, prayers, good luck and miracles to Paul Dear and his family as he fights Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer.

Great player, but even better man. I hope that a miracle happens, but as the article explains they are in for a rough road.

Hope the club can rally around him and support the family in their hour of need.

Never forget 1991 GF what a game from PD.

Here’s the link:

If Moderators allow I’ll cut and paste article.

F_ck cancer!!!!!

Sad news .....🙏

Had the privilege of sharing a couple of beers with Paul back in the day - he was with Dunstall and Dermie. I was an absolute nobody and just another fanboy yet he was happy to have a few with a hawks fan. Down to earth, funny and just a great bloke. I’m shattered

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely shocking news. Just like his footy career it sounds like he's tackling it head on. Best of luck Punka, and hope he gets better soon!

Was deflating to hear this, heard he hadnt been well .
All the best Paul and family .

Still have the image of him launching a 55m goal on the run in the 91 GF , its one image of that game Ive never forgotten
45 metres it was. He had just marked the kick in and than played on and drilled the goal from a tightish angle. His 2nd qtr that game turned the game into our favour. Completely dominated. Wish the guy all the best and his family.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back