• From NFC

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Who do go for in the nfl?

Philadelphia

Broncos, have been since 1987 and Elway's "drive"
Too bad about the outcome the next week.

Everything seems orderly following the Broncos and Geelong though.
They are so frustratingly similar.

Monday Night's result is a perfect example.

Saints, if you hadn't guessed.

Convert in the early 80's when we had a house guest who is New Orleans native. We've kept in touch and good friends since. I sold him on StKilda, he sold me on New Orleans - come to think of it, it's amazing we're still friends. Sends me a dozen or so tapes a year of New Orleans games. Although we now have a contra arrangement going to access internet replays. :)

The team I most repect in the NFL would have to be Green Bay. But with that uniform - yuch! - no way I could become a cheesehead. Like Woodson, I enjoyed the Steelers in the late 80's, but was already a Saints convert.

New Orleans Saints. My bro in law is a mad St Kilda supporter and he tried to convert me to them in the early 80s when I was about 8. I just couldn't do it, so we compromised and we said we'd both follow the American Saints, stuck with em ever since. Developed something of a soft spot in the AFC for Buffalo, they were losing Superbowls about the same time as Geelong were losing Grand Finals.

i have a few....
Green Bay Packers because i like their name and logo
Dallas Cowboys because it was the first jersey i got
Minesota Vikings because an Aussie plays for them

so i think i may add NY Jets to the list now

44-640x480.jpg

Have done so for quite a while now.. 6-0, we're on our way!!

Certainly not the Jets, and certainly not one of the bandwagon teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Houston Texans.

Dont know why, just starting watching them one day and fell in love with them

Before them i was a titans fans.

Dallas Cowboys, used to love the glory days in the 90's with the three headed monster of Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin.

DBAH0 said:
Dallas Cowboys, used to love the glory days in the 90's with the three headed monster of Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin.

Yep, I'm a cowboys fan. I just don't like the direction we are heading at the moment. Hopefully Parcells can turn this around like he did in New England and New York, but I fear that last season was his best. But, who was he to know that Quincy was a crackhead? That didn't help.

Showbag said:
Yep, I'm a cowboys fan. I just don't like the direction we are heading at the moment. Hopefully Parcells can turn this around like he did in New England and New York, but I fear that last season was his best. But, who was he to know that Quincy was a crackhead? That didn't help.
Quincy "But, but I didn't do nothing!"
Frankly our defense sucks this season. Willie Blade was actually a big part of our D last season, and we give up so much more yardage against the run now. Losing Edwards wasn't great either and it's exposed Newman as an average cover corner. Luckily we get Buffalo's 1st pick as well this season which will be top 5, so we can draft an impact DT, DE or CB.

NFL fan since about 1980, when highlights were on FTA TV
Saw a highlights of a Bufflalo game, liked what I saw and started following them that year (19-21 loss in SB XXV vs NYG)
Personally i think they can only do well with QB's with the initals JK
Jack Kemp, Jim Kelly (is the next one going to be Jon Kitna?)

Those 4 losing SB seasons were good years (AFC champs)
they had a chance aganst DAL in SB XXVIII

Cowboys fan since the 89 season they went 1-15 and i thought i go for this team whilst they are at the lowest of lows and the good times wil be so much sweeter wasnt to know that that would be only 4 yrs later..

I now have every superbowl on videotape since the cowboys def the bills 52-17 at the rose bowl pasadena

Back