Fantasy Bigfooty 2023 NFL Mock Draft - Sign up and Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Panthers fan not wanting Van NESS chasing his QB?

No, I just really believe in Baker and want him to have the best opportunity possible to sign a big contract with the Bucs.

Addison still there. Chargers would love him to fall into their lap.

unless they are after Williams [in the real draft, i know he has been taken in this mock] for the bigger body. or go for Kincade at TE who i would love the Packers to take.

Went away from the consensus and took what i think is the BPA.

Ive read alot about Ekelers situtaion and dont think he will have a future in LA. Robinson is one of my favourite players in the draft.

LA has a wealth of needs (Depth at receiver, Edge rush and O line) so will have to find them at later picks.

catters078 said:
The 2nd half of the shocking Wild Card loss proved the Chargers need to be able to play situational football and lean on a strong running game.

Quoting this from your write-up on Bijan Robinson. That's more on the coaching staff than anything else. Staley might be a good coordinator, but in his two seasons as head coach of the Chargers, he's demonstrated that he doesn't have a good feel for game flow. Not criticising the pick, but I think the Chargers need to move in a different direction away from Staley.

I think the Chargers needed a WR/TE more than first round RB. Especially since Allen has been hurt most of the last few years and Williams is inconsistent.

How about you make a pick for BPG next since hes not around mr. know it all who didnt want to do this this year ;)

I just dont rate spending a 1 on a RB.

just because im not participating this year, doesnt mean i cant comment.

I was joking hence the ;)

But I was being serious about picking for BPG to keep this moving while you are here.

Bijan Robinson is probably that once every 5-10 years running back that it is worth spending a first on if you are a run heavy offence. He is just that damn good.

Heard Matt Williamson on a Steelers podcast call Robinson a better talent than Saquon Barkley when Barkley was coming out the year he was drafted, and Barkley was a top two (IIRC) pick in his draft. Agree with aussiedude that ordinarily, spending a first round pick on a running back is a luxury pick, and until he played, I thought picking Breece Hall in the second round last year was a luxury the Jets couldn't afford. But Robinson would offer the Chargers a lot.

Bijan Robinson is probably that once every 5-10 years running back that it is worth spending a first on if you are a run heavy offence. He is just that damn good.

No rb is worth a 1st round pick period. For every sure thing there is a Trent Richardson. So much more value elsewhere in the first. Plus the 5th option first rounders get is an overpay on rbs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No rb is worth a 1st round pick period. For every sure thing there is a Trent Richardson. So much more value elsewhere in the first. Plus the 5th option first rounders get is an overpay on rbs.

I feel that notion should only apply to the top 10 or maybe 15 picks..the true premium picks, when it comes to choosing a RB.

Once you get past 20 if there is a talent available you assess it as an option. In alot of Big Boards, Robinson is viewed as a case of being a top 5 or 7 talent overall in this draft. So to me once you get past 20, there's no issue with getting a BPA that will fill a need and improve your offense.

My view anyway.

I'm firmly in the court of there's generational RB's worth a 1st, but your team has to be in the right situation. Trent Richardson is a poor example because the Browns were ******* dogshit at the time and he was plunked in with 95 year old rookie Brandon Weeden in his first year. There's teams that will grab a running back in the later rounds in most drafts and hope one sticks.

I doubt there's too many teams willing to take the risk if they've got multiple holes. I think the Chargers might be one, and admittedly I tried to trade ahead of them to grab him for Buffalo as they can afford luxury picks like that to compete with the likes of KC for years to come given they don't have many holes on their roster.

I just can't see the Chargers doing it while Ekeler is on the roster, that's why I wow'd the pick... Maybe I'm wrong.

Part of the reasoning for the pick is trying to read between the lines of this contract situation for Ekeler. From all I've read/listened to I don't think he will be in powder blue next season. Could be a draft day trade.

Part of the reasoning for the pick is trying to read between the lines of this contract situation for Ekeler. From all I've read/listened to I don't think he will be in powder blue next season. Could be a draft day trade.

Fair enough, talk was he wants a new contract, not sure which team would be willing to do that, hence I dont think he ends up traded.

Wide out or tight end I thought was bigger need for chargers plus quality rbs can found quiet later regularly.

Wide out or tight end I thought was bigger need for chargers plus quality rbs can found quiet later regularly.

Shouldnt only have a "draft for need" Philosophy.

Best talent available always sets you up for long term gain (assuming you get the picks right on said talent). Cant only think about next year, next 5-10.

You could easily say you can find quality Tight Ends in rounds 2,3,4 as well. League is littered with quality TE's not taken in 1st.

Fair debate on WR vs RB, just think in this situation 1) Chargers will have a hole at RB quite soon and 2) IMO the RB talent was better than the WR available.

Comfortable with the pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back