Player Watch Billy Frampton - Traded to Collingwood

Your opinion on Billy:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Well in our case I told the kids they weren't coming home from the maternity ward if they were going to barrack for another side.

[i've got a mate who grew up in Melbourne with no Adelaide connections who barracks for the Crows because he liked the Weed. Humans are funny creatures.]
My kid is a one eyed GCS fan and has declared that’s the only team he would ever play for!!

Good, imagine the first thing he needs to do at the club is apologise for elbowing Patrick Wilson in the face and trying to knock out several other Crows in the SANFL this year.
nah walk in and do it again

Club post with comments from Reid - https://www.afc.com.au/news/2019-10-15/frampton-joins-adelaide

I like the pick because he might be able to show Himmelberg how to hang on to a mark and will definitely keep Himmelberg on his toes.

From what I've seen of both at SANFL level, Frampton clearly appears the better player at this stage, although Himmelberg a touch younger and has played a bit more at senior level.

Very happy with this deal, fills a couple of needs and potentially a good player to boot.

Got moved up forward this year for Port for the first time and was their leading goal kicker with 35 goals. Quick, aggressive and can take a decent mark. Will fill Jenkins role.
The role we wished he would have played more aggressively you mean

I hope Lynch gets himself super fit so we can work him up the ground as the connector again .
Walker , Fogarty and Frampton gives us some nice structure and points of difference as a 3 prong tall forward line with some help in the ruck .
Good competition to push Himmelberg along as well as providing some good depth and flexibility to our KPD department .

Big bad Billy Frampton.

Of the little I've seen of him, if we can direct his thuggishness to the right jaws, he might be a bonus for us.;)

Have actually witnessed his contested marking. Given the chance who knows what he might be? I was actually surprised he didn't get more of a chance at Port.

Big bad Billy Frampton.

Of the little I've seen of him, if we can direct his thuggishness to the right jaws, he might be a bonus for us.;)

Have actually witnessed his contested marking. Given the chance who knows what he might be? I was actually surprised he didn't get more of a chance at Port.
His marking and set shot kicking are very encouraging for a developing young forward, hopefully takes that next step and translates to good form at afl level next year!

Just quietly, while we seem to have got reasonable value for this trade, Hawthorn have made out like bandits.

GWS get Jacobs, lose Patton
Hawthorn get Patton, lose 2020 4th round pick (Melbourne)
Crows get Frampton, lose Jacobs
Port get 2020 4th round pick (Melbourne), lose Frampton

How the fu** is Patton involved in this? GWS have straight up swapped Patton for Jacobs, that's lunacy.

Yeah one of those things is not like the others. The Hawks must have a Jedi doing their negotiations. It's ridiculous what they manage to get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah one of those things is not like the others. The Hawks must have a Jedi doing their negotiations. It's ridiculous what they manage to get.

They love the chronically injured.

Scully had that ankle/foot injury which deralied Delideo, Patton has had 3 ACLs.

His marking and set shot kicking are very encouraging for a developing young forward, hopefully takes that next step and translates to good form at afl level next year!

The thing I keep coming back to is that marking skill tends to be one of those reliable bases for a player.

It shouldn't take much else to push Billy into being a solid contributor at an AFL level.

Good, imagine the first thing he needs to do at the club is apologise for elbowing Patrick Wilson in the face and trying to knock out several other Crows in the SANFL this year.
Never apologise for playing hard, brutal footy. Those traits are exactly what we need. :)

Back