Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

If no surgery
I’d play him for a week, mentality stuff that will be of use down the track. Then rest him.
And what if while playing he banged it up bad and needed some significant surgery and then was out for an extended period of time?

Yeah that sounds really smart.

And what if while playing he banged it up bad and needed some significant surgery and then was out for an extended period of time?

Yeah that sounds really smart.
Well so be it. Are there any tradies on this forum? I’m not but I laboured a shed load through my younger years and through uni etcetera. When you got a bad cut and you were hurt, did the boss really want you to go home ? No, it’s Orr of life, you sick it up and get on with it and you make sure it’s properly cleaned, disinfectant, and wrapped again with new bandage and so forth and you go again. The show must go on, or no?

If no surgery
I’d play him for a week, mentality stuff that will be of use down the track. Then rest him.
What is this feux tough guy s**t. Playing through broken bones was one of the worst thing I ever did as a player short term (it's not fair on your team mates to be that stubborn and 5+% off your game) and long term (arthritis in many joints at the age of 25 etc).

What is this feux tough guy sh*t. Playing through broken bones was one of the worst thing I ever did as a player short term (it's not fair on your team mates to be that stubborn and 5+% off your game) and long term (arthritis in many joints at the age of 25 etc).
Each to their own.

Well so be it. Are there any tradies on this forum? I’m not but I laboured a shed load through my younger years and through uni etcetera. When you got a bad cut and you were hurt, did the boss really want you to go home ? No, it’s Orr of life, you sick it up and get on with it and you make sure it’s properly cleaned, disinfectant, and wrapped again with new bandage and so forth and you go again. The show must go on, or no?
So you’re wanting the youngest player in the league to try and play with a broken thumb because when you were younger you cut yourself while doing some manual labour cashies?...

So you’re wanting the youngest player in the league to try and play with a broken thumb because when you were younger you cut yourself while doing some manual labour cashies?...
This isn’t about me, that was just an example, I’m sure you understand that.

The problem is that we seem to be feeding new injuries in, faster than we can get them back playing>> the injured group keeps growing

That’s why we need soldiers. Backup band ready to go . Injuries have impacted our season with a team that can least afford it . Rocket

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

1955 rang. They don't want you back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A broken thumb means you can't actually handle a ball when playing very well at all - if it was a little finger you might have a point. A thumb though is what allows a human being to grab things and hold things and manipulate things in the hand eg you cant tackle or grab anything either ...might sound like no biggie - but it is the type of injury that needs fixing.

Jack Carrol
A finger ffs
That’s when tape come in and you play with it amd you play smart to help the injured side
A finger ffs !
yep premiership stuff.
Well
I’ve seen worse with players managing it
If no surgery
Each to their own.
A lot of players play through minor injury each week is what I’m getting at. I’m off to bed sick of talking about this disaster.
A thumb is much different from a finger so NO! Not the slightest consideration.

Just for some perspective, I come from the era of taping up fingers, and even wrists, not even getting medical treatment or opinion. As a youngster I was sport mad. Will not bore you with the number of untreated breaks and dislocations. When young you just want to get it done, to be out there. You don't think of the
future. We are a long time retired. I am 60 and my hands and wrists are gnarled and/or full of arthritis (the rest of my body is another story). The suck it up, grin and bear it and get on the park days are thankfully long gone. Kids today have the benefit of our/someone's experience, and everyone is much more aware of "duty of care".

Your ongoing rant is just so far off base.

Some total face palm stuff here.

Did I just read having a cut is the same as a broken bone.

If he had a cut on his thumb im sure he would be playing.

I've broken a thumb and you literally can't use that hand for much at all.

Also broken fingers playing footy. You can probably play through little breaks but not worth the risk. Had to have surgery on one its alot longer out than just taking a couple of weeks out.

If he was our best player and a grand final this weekend jm sure he would play... other wise let's just get him right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back