Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I think at least 3 are best 22 (Silvagni, Fisher, Martin) and up to 6 depending on how well CC recovers and Kemp/Philp do compared to the other kids.

At this stage Murphy, McGovern, McDonald and Marchbank are depth players I only, not best 22.
McGovern is in our first 18, let alone 22

McGovern is in our first 18, let alone 22
If they are all fit, and I know they never are, I’m not sure he is anymore...

Martin Charlie Fisher

Betts McKay Silvagni

Ed will get replaced by years end, maybe Owies or someone else gets that gig

Jack just gives this team so much, just needs to work on his marking and goal kicking, the former looked like it might’ve been clicking as well...

The other 4 guys are locks IMO, fitness permitting of course

If they are all fit, and I know they never are, I’m not sure he is anymore...

Martin Charlie Fisher

Betts McKay Silvagni

Ed will get replaced by years end, maybe Owies or someone else gets that gig

Jack just gives this team so much, just needs to work on his marking and goal kicking, the former looked like it might’ve been clicking as well...

The other 4 guys are locks IMO, fitness permitting of course
My thoughts as well...Harry, Curnow, Silvagni plus Fisher, Martin, Fogarty....then rotations of mids/hf like Cripps, Cuningham.

The injury report says Charlie should be available in "the 2nd half of the season".

We're already coming up to round 9...close to the second half of the season. If he was to be available any time soon, he should already be doing a power of training with the main group. Can anyone shed any light on what he's up to?

Think his just made it back to the half pipe

So Cripps has been playing through a back fracture, but apparently there's no risk of further injury...

I find it hard to believe playing 2 months of footy with a fractured back doesn't leave you with any risk of further injury. Pretty hard for a broken bone to heal, let alone not get worse, with half the opposition trying to piledrive you every chance they get.

Tough as they come Patty, but Jesus mate sit it down for a few weeks. We're better off getting 8-10 weeks of you at your best in the back half of the season than 22 weeks of a what we've seen so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't give a single * if Patrick is happy or wanting to play through this injury. An athlete is going to want to play no matter what.

However, as someone who lives with the ramifications of a spinal injury and the debilitating permanent disabilities it left me with I cannot and will not hide my disgust with the club over the handling of this.

No risk of further injury be damned. AFL footy is a decade or so of his life. He has decades after it to live.

Get the man right before it impacts the rest of his life. Please.

Wayne Johnston got addicted to pain killers because he played with the assistant so much.
Do not do it.
I remember him surprisingly turning up to play in 1984 final which was a knock out semi-final and he could barely do more the hunch over.
That was stupid then by the club and this is stupid now.

I don't give a single fu** if Patrick is happy or wanting to play through this injury. An athlete is going to want to play no matter what.

However, as someone who lives with the ramifications of a spinal injury and the debilitating permanent disabilities it left me with I cannot and will not hide my disgust with the club over the handling of this.

No risk of further injury be damned. AFL footy is a decade or so of his life. He has decades after it to live.

Get the man right before it impacts the rest of his life. Please.
I'm in the same situation, I have to spend a chunk of each morning doing exercises to strengthen muscles around my back to avoid surgery down the track. I played with my back injury, it was always very sore during the week.

Rest and strengthing the area is always the best long term move.

I played half a season of cricket with stress fractures in my back (incorrectly diagnosed at the time which is why I kept playing). I can now understand why Cripps has looked a little stiff and lethargic this season. You can basically do everything you normally can do but there's pain attached to sudden movements, which creates a subconscious fear of sudden movements, making you seem slow to react because you basically have to overrule your nervous system telling you not to move before you can start moving. It's not pleasant. Basically resting it for six weeks should give the bone time to heal and then you're good to go. Time to give Setterfield a chance to shine in the centre bounces again.

“The injury, confirmed by sources.”
“It had been reported early in the season that Cripps was playing hurt with a mystery injury that needed weekly injections but the nature of the injury was unknown.”

His back injury is believed to be similar to that of fellow Brownlow medallist Lachie Neale.”
“Sources said the fracture had continued to improve and had healed in recent weeks, with Cripps confident he was close to returning to his best form.”
“Carlton have been contacted for comment.”

What a mess of an article lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back