Universal Love Bound For Glory - Grand Final Banter Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Who could forget, especially if you were there... we won. At Arctic Park. Paul Dear was best on ground. But Angry Anderson stole the freakin' show. It's a moment indelibly bound into our cultural DNA.... Angry and the Batmobile. Keep an eye on those Kenyan athletes, and the driver of the car rocking on tapping his hand on the car door.

And the song he sung was Bound For Glory. How apt.

Here we go, as I a type it's a week to the Grand Final. And I'm sure it's pretty much going to be the most important thing on every Hawthorn supporters' mind this week. Every waking moment, pretty much, as we're bound for glory.

This thread is for any general banter re the Grand Final, for you to check in and post anything. It might be what you had for breakfast, hunting for tickets, getting them lucky jocks drycleaned, anything. Well, within Big Footy rules. And opposition supporters please note: we have zero tolerance to any sort of trolling or agitating the natives.

Go Hawks!

679655-allan-jeans.jpg

This man is at the front of my mind.
Love ya, Jeansy. Let's get it done for him too.

I'm digging my lucky garment out tonight. It's a BFC training top from the 80s. It will be worn, much to everyone's horror, on Saturday.

I love it!

GF number 16 for HFC.....lets make it Premiership number 11

Will be epic. Anyone going to the Grand Final Parade on Friday?

I hear from reliab;e sources that the club is expecting between 10K-15K at training on Thursday... won't be able to park within miles.

I will be, however, making an entrance in my chopper landing, ala Huddo, in the middle of the oval. The first three people who like this post get a seat.

I hear from reliab;e sources that the club is expecting between 10K-15K at training on Thursday... won't be able to park within miles.

I will be, however, making an entrance in my chopper landing, ala Huddo, in the middle of the oval. The first three people who like this post get a seat.
there was 10k there in 2008. Peter Knights was the Master of ceremonies will he reprise his role :)

Looks like I might be going to both training and the parade. Also, G-town will be seeing our colours care of moi this week too, and plenty of it. :thumbsu:

Excellent on all accounts. I'm trying to work out the best way to go to training. Might need to get creative with that one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am filling in for my boss this week at the day job, it could be an epic freaking disaster. I have no focus for anything but footy. o_O

Excellent on all accounts. I'm trying to work out the best way to go to training. Might need to get creative with that one.

Yeah, I'm taking leave for some of the week. Students are on a week's break. It seems the stars have aligned this year.

this week is just gonna be crap at work

I am fortunate that my boss is: easily and willingly distracted from work; a Hawthorn fanatic; and has the concentration span of a Meerkat on speed. This week, for me, will be all about Hawthorn. Sure, I've got a crap load of work to do, but I have covering fire.

Yeah, I'm taking leave for some of the week. Students are on a week's break. It seems the stars have aligned this year.

Hopefully the stars have aligned.

This is my first ever Grand Final I'm going too! :)

Really? Well, I'm sure you'll love it. Been to a few before, well everyone we've been in since been dragged as a newborn to '71. And nothing beats walking up the G and the expectation. My only gripe these days is most of the ground is filled with corporate frackers who don;t support the clubs playing, and the public who have gone all year, can't get a ticket. Anyway. Glad you're going.

Note to Clarkson: please schedule at least 10 hours of goalkicking practise for every player who plays forward of the centre this week. That game should have been over at 1/2 time. The Swans will take even greater advantage of that if we kick like that next week...

Taking my chances with a 'like' coz there's no way I'll be able to park within a lightyear of the ground... :p

We're in the Grand Final...we're in the Grand Final...we're in the Grand Final...we're in the Grand Final...I keep repeating this to myself over and over again! It definitely hasn't sunk in yet...but I think it will from tomorrow.

All I can say is this - SOAK IT ALL UP LADIES AND GENTS! The next 7 days should be CHERISHED! Who knows when we will be in this position again?! Every single second of negativity only reduces the happiness that being in a Grand Final brings!

As a side note, albeit irrelevant, I'll be purchasing hard copies of The Age and Herald Sun every day for the next week, beginning tomorrow. Will keep each and every article relating to the Grand Final and, hopefully, when I look back at them years down the track, they will put a smile on my face because we were the Premiers for the year :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back