Boycott the Dees Game

Remove this Banner Ad

We haven't played too badly at AO this season bar the Showdown, however I support a boycott of Crows fans showing up to any more Metricon games after our 'performances' there this season. Embarrassingly we had a 100% winning record there prior to this season. Shambolic
After today, I’ll struggle to go back.

A bunch of the people that will attend are already spineless simps and they've already "donated" their money to the "club". No amount of incompetence or mismanagement on the club's part will do anything to sway these diehards who cling to their "support" like it is some kind of noble gesture worthy of admiration.

It has nothing to do with what the club does or how it operates, it is an identity they have given themselves and that is what matters.

Everyone else attending is probably going to catch up with people or is going just to have something to do.
You still haven't changed your username to DryLion1991....????

Sorry for intruding, and apologies if you are annoyed I'm posting (all jibes aside it's in our best interest to have both clubs doing well), but having been through this in 2011/12, rest assured a boycott won't achieve anything imho.
If you organise a public protest (as an example, everyone gets up and turns their back and boos for a minute at the 22 minute mark - representing 22 years since the last flag - you'll get the attention of tv / radio / etc.
Good luck - will turn around quickly I'm sure.

I'm going and I'll continue to go as they already have my money.

I'll be encouraging and supporting to the best that I can but I'm so tired of the political off field bullshit, I hate where our club is at the moment but I just got to hope that we'll find our way out.... Eventually

Sorry for intruding, and apologies if you are annoyed I'm posting (all jibes aside it's in our best interest to have both clubs doing well), but having been through this in 2011/12, rest assured a boycott won't achieve anything imho.
If you organise a public protest (as an example, everyone gets up and turns their back and boos for a minute at the 22 minute mark - representing 22 years since the last flag - you'll get the attention of tv / radio / etc.
That's a sensible idea. 👍

You don't think the club is on the firing line at the moment?

Not rocking up to games won't change anything. You just look like a fair weather supporter.

What a lame reply.......fair weather supporter.....blah blah blah.

Its the supporters that act like performing seals the club gets a hard on over.

So il ask you, what do you propose as a meaninglful way for supporters to force change without voting rights??

Can we boo for 22 minutes?

What a lame reply.......fair weather supporter.....blah blah blah.

Its the supporters that act like performing seals the club gets a hard on over.

So il ask you, what do you propose as a meaninglful way for supporters to force change without voting rights??
There is nothing we can do, zilch, Nada, nothing.

We need know who the new chairperson is and what the board looks like and then get answers to what 2028 looks like to them.

But hey, I'm sure those brave Port fans who protested by not going, conveniently until their team started winning, will be right behind your view.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im not boycotting, i just aint going, its a choir to watch let alone have to attend the game.

There is nothing we can do, zilch, Nada, nothing.

We need know who the new chairperson is and what the board looks like and then get answers to what 2028 looks like to them.

But hey, I'm sure those brave Port fans who protested by not going, conveniently until their team started winning, will be right behind your view.

Chapman and his clique are hand picking the successors, what more do you need to know?

And you want answers to what 2028 looks like? How do you propose doing that? Sending a nice email, attending the AGM and asking nicely..........begging.......Good luck with that one.

In the absence of any other mechanism to show your dissatisfaction with Chappo and the board, you can vote with your feet...........regardless of how unpleasant you think that is.

Chapman and his clique are hand picking the successors, what more do you need to know?

And you want answers to what 2028 looks like? How do you propose doing that? Sending a nice email, attending the AGM and asking nicely..........begging.......Good luck with that one.

In the absence of any other mechanism to show your dissatisfaction with Chappo and the board, you can vote with your feet...........regardless of how unpleasant you think that is.
You can vote with your feet, no denying that.

I just question the effectiveness of it, given most people will just see it as not going because we are losing.

I would urge supporters to vote with their wallets. If the money stops rolling in, the AFL might just have to step in and force changes at board level.

I feel so bad starting this thread, as like the rest of you i love (or at least loved) this club. But I genuinely believe that the only way to force any change at this club is simply to boycott attending the remaining games at AO, starting with the Dees game. Sadly, our club just seems to exist to make $, it does not clearly care about success nor its fans (and arguably hasnt since the end of the mid 2000s). To arrest this, and force actual change, not another member of the Adelaide establishment joining the board or a mate of Roos in a coaching position, we need to vote with our feet and our wallets.
....is that you Kane?

I take all the points about not being a fair weather supporter, but honestly what other way can we force change at the AFC? I have stuck with this club through everything, havent missed a game in almost 15 years (including living in the UK), spent thousands of dollars to watch them all over Australia, I have written to Fagan and Roo to ask for change, and nothing has happened. Basically I cant see any other way. I just dont want this club to be a South Adelaide or a Melbourne...where success is something that might happen every 40 years or so. It should be ingrained in our culture that success and utter professionalism are non-negotiables

....is that you Kane?
I dont for a second think Kanes point re Port v Crows supporters is accurate, but the point he makes around us as a club just accepting mediocrity is kind of valid. I have said this time and again, we should be aspiring to be like West Coast or the Hawks...not Port. That starts with a professional board, the “best football department in the country” an equal second and a change in the boys club culture that sits at every level otherwise

[power supporter mode]We're not the Pear! Don't be like the Pear! Go support the Pear if you want to be like that![/power supporter mode]

Sadly there are people with that mentality around.

There a women in her 30a who sits near the race (on the goal side) and I have seen her numerous times clapping them off after they've been trounced. The moment anyone goes over to the race and tell the players some home truths after a game she will abuse you and tell you to go and support Port.

She had a crack at me back in the Sanderson years and told me to go and support Port and I told her that if she wants to be surrounded by supporters who cheer off piss poor performances then go and support Freo, though I think it went completely over her head.

People like her are part of the problem and not the solution.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back