News Brad Crouch to Saints (STK make offer; Band 3, ADL to match?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and very unfair on those players in limbo. Over 140 of them, apparently. Would be a lot less, if list sizes were known. You'd think the players association would be more 'caring' in this respect.
I’m not sure if you are serious? The AFL wants reduced list sizes and if so the majority of these players will be culled with very few vacancies on other clubs lists so little prospect of being picked up. The players association is fighting for their jobs, so they are retained. The whole idea of list reductions is a nonsense anyway, as the players cut are the ones on the lowest salaries anyway. It will save pennies.

Last edited:
I shouldnt listen to Kane on Tradio, but I do.

The best this morning, Kane has made a point that Adelaide need to recruit some experienced players to build that winning mentality, like Hodge at Brisbane.

Then nominates Kade Simpson as a good candidate, the most losingest player in AFL history.

And then in the next breath suggests we should trade Matt Crouch to Carlton as a pre-agent, and the moment to exit Brad Crouch was last year.

I know some think he is actually intelligent and plays us all for clicks, but no. He's dumb.

He's like Trump.

Dumb people think he's smart.
Everyone with half a brain knows hes genuinely stupid.

Wonder if Kelly is firing a warning shot at the AFL not to try and change the compensation rules mid stream.

ie surely Crouch’s manager and therefore all clubs being dealt with know this is a key criteria for the crows not to match. The final hurdle therefore being the AFL not bowing to media scum complaining about the compo.

He's like Trump.

Dumb people think he's smart.
Everyone with half a brain knows hes genuinely stupid.
That’s a really astute comment. It explains why some people get High profile jobs when most of us wonder how they manage to put their pants on in the morning. Having now heard Matt Rendell on Mike Sheehan‘s show and Trade Radio it really makes you wonder how he Could possibly have held the positions he did.

with Mike Sheehan he actually said that he doesn’t worry about kicking skills too much because they can be taught. Actually explains our midfield when you think about it.

That’s a really astute comment. It explains why some people get High profile jobs when most of us wonder how they manage to put their pants on in the morning. Having now heard Matt Rendell on Mike Sheehan‘s show and Trade Radio it really makes you wonder how he Could possibly have held the positions he did.

with Mike Sheehan he actually said that he doesn’t worry about kicking skills too much because they can be taught. Actually explains our midfield when you think about it.

You gotta understand people don't have to be smart to be 'footy smart'.
Look at Dustin Martin. Dumb as anything but on a football field he is a genius.

Rendell saw stuff others didn't. Its what got him where he is and also what made him fall from grace when he said as much.

I love how they think the fact North are in a world of hurt is relevant but remain silent on the fact the Crows came last, lost to North by over 10 goals and were described by many of these journos as the worst team to ever step on to an AFL field.

The fact that North suck is not the slightest bit relevant in regards to the Brad Crouch offer from St Kilda and if they want to say it needs to be considered when determining what pick we get then they must also consider how bad the Crows were this year which should cancel out any concerns over North.
If the AFL think North need help then they should be giving them a priority pick, as they have done in the past. It makes no sense to compromise FA systems to achieve that result. That would affect GWS worse than anyone, and they certainly won’t want to do that.

If the AFL think North need help then they should be giving them a priority pick, as they have done in the past. It makes no sense to compromise FA systems to achieve that result. That would affect GWS worse than anyone, and they certainly won’t want to do that.
If NM need help so do we. We have ended both seasons on the same points.

You gotta understand people don't have to be smart to be 'footy smart'.
Look at Dustin Martin. Dumb as anything but on a football field he is a genius.

Rendell saw stuff others didn't. Its what got him where he is and also what made him fall from grace when he said as much.
I agree to some extent, but you are talking playing ability in Dusty’s case. We seem to make the assumption that will translate to other areas of footy and that baffles me. It’s why Brisbane rushed Voss into coaching and the whole footy world assumed SOS would be good at list strategy. It’s never more evident than people calling Terry Wallace the “list Guru”, have you ever listened to his opinions? If he was a guy at the pub talking they would cut him off and say time to go home mate.

Nothing new

Remember how they all ran to Jack Vineys defence when he CHOSE TO BUMP Tom Lynch and broke Toms jaw ??
Still livid at that
Me too. Don't even get me started on that s**t. Head is sacrosanct, unless you're a Vic playing favourite son of an ex Vic star. Lynch ate through a straw for 6 weeks but the real crime according to Vic media was that the MRP dared to punish a poor Victorian for it.

I’m not sure if you are serious? The AFL wants reduced list sizes and if so the majority of these players will be culled with very few vacancies on other clubs lists so little prospect of being picked up. The players association is fighting for their jobs, so they are retained. The whole idea of list reductions is a nonsense anyway, as the players cut are the ones on the lowest salaries anyway. It will save pennies.
Yeah, fair enough, I was thinking mainly about those players in limbo, forgetting that players association would obviously be in there batting for them.

Just one thing, depends on what you consider 'pennies', the lowest AFL wage is $80,000 for a rookie. If each club had to cut two spots on their list, then that's a minimum of $160,000 per team. That's a minimum saving of $2.9 million across the league, would probably, in reality, be closer to 3.5-4 million. Then there are overheads in relation to each list spot that would be saved as well. If that's considered 'pennies', then 'pennies' it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, fair enough, I was thinking mainly about those players in limbo, forgetting that players association would obviously be in there batting for them.

Just one thing, depends on what you consider 'pennies', the lowest AFL wage is $80,000 for a rookie. If each club had to cut two spots on their list, then that's a minimum of $160,000 per team. That's a minimum saving of $2.9 million across the league, would probably, in reality, be closer to 3.5-4 million. Then there are overheads in relation to each list spot that would be saved as well. If that's considered 'pennies', then 'pennies' it is.

4 million dollars across the entire AFL IS pennies.

Me too. Don't even get me started on that sh*t. Head is sacrosanct, unless you're a Vic playing favourite son of an ex Vic star. Lynch ate through a straw for 6 weeks but the real crime according to Vic media was that the MRP dared to punish a poor Victorian for it.
Then he almost had his neck broken when he came back and evey dickhead had a go at him for ducking ffs

If as a club we were savvy we would be in contact with big Gill or his mate asking for clarification on the free agent compo for 2020, then we should follow up this inquiry with the process on bidding on agency, father son, mother daughter or any other sketchy arrangements and just slip into the discussion "So on the night we can bid on anyone? and is the draft being telecast to how many?"

Yeah, but to be fair they have done it for 20 years Not 2.
They have had as much success as we have in 20 years.

We finished a lot higher, with a lot worse draft picks. Since 2011:

1603860781563.png

1603860812103.png

1603860845766.png

1603860871021.png

1603860900378.png

1603860931899.png

1603860965240.png

1603860999516.png

What a bunch of anonymous losers. It's like reading the phone book, I don't know who most of those people are. They should sack their talent identification and player development people. If they want to piss away their picks on such luminaries as Sam Durdin, they get what they deserve. Why should we penalised a draft pick because the eternally hopeless Norf did poorly?

Their first rounders are a disgrace.

I agree to some extent, but you are talking playing ability in Dusty’s case. We seem to make the assumption that will translate to other areas of footy and that baffles me. It’s why Brisbane rushed Voss into coaching and the whole footy world assumed SOS would be good at list strategy. It’s never more evident than people calling Terry Wallace the “list Guru”, have you ever listened to his opinions? If he was a guy at the pub talking they would cut him off and say time to go home mate.

Its kind of like in business, assume those good at their jobs in a technical sense make good managers, when the two are completely different skill sets and one does not equal the other...

how some who are not good at their job but still make management when they aren't good at that is the real killer....

Trade Radio is cooked.

Apparently we will only get pick 19 for B Crouch. So we will trade instead, and will give up B Crouch and pick 29 for Pick 15 and Dunstan.

Not only is that utterly horrendous, we then trade pick 15 for Hately.....
Pick 15 for Hately. Lol. I heard that and had a good laugh. Cooney is cooked. Pick 30-35 for Hately is fair or we go to the psd.

We finished a lot higher, with a lot worse draft picks. Since 2011:

View attachment 997202

View attachment 997203

View attachment 997204

View attachment 997205

View attachment 997206

View attachment 997207

View attachment 997208

View attachment 997209

What a bunch of anonymous losers. It's like reading the phone book, I don't know who most of those people are. They should sack their talent identification and player development people. If they want to piss away their picks on such luminaries as Sam Durdin, they get what they deserve. Why should we penalised a draft pick because the eternally hopeless Norf did poorly?

Their first rounders are a disgrace.
Dear God, there's about 4 AFL players in that lot

Nothing new

Remember how they all ran to Jack Vineys defence when he CHOSE TO BUMP Tom Lynch and broke Toms jaw ??
Still livid at that
That was one where our admin absolutely had to stand up for our players. Hope the new lot have more backbone and criticise the AFL when necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back