News Brad Crouch to Saints (STK make offer; Band 3, ADL to match?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't tell other people to look up terms & conditions when you haven't even bothered to do so yourself.

You're as much of a disgrace as your club is.

Thanks for that.

I was given a rather lengthy explanation of the rules around everything Free Agency and was explicitly told that going into the draft was not part of it. Clearly this is not true as you have now pointed out.

This adds another level of even more stupidity to the way the AFL have structured Free Agency, what's the point of having a player being classified as 'restricted' if they can still leave after you have matched another club's bid ??

The AFL are a joke !!

To me I reckon they have let Brad and their supporters down. They were given fair warning by Adelaide that unless it was a Band 1 offer, it would be matched. It makes you wonder how much they really wanted him in the first place. They overpaid on Hill last year and are facing the consequences now.
Makes me think Brads manager used Saints to get the Crows deal he wants.

When are we going to get some good fortune.

Ever since our coach GOT ******* MURDERED, we’ve had the AFL gods sh*t on us from every angle.

We've got pick 1? Does that help?

and almost everything that's happened to us (besides Walshy) was all created by us. Hardly bad fortune. Piss poor management is what I call it.

Hello crows fans.

I have just got off the phone to my saints contact, he told me we are 100% in For a trade.

It’ll be this years first, next years first for Crouch.
Great get for the crows.
So the saints are willing to part with 2 first rounders to save 100k a year in the salary cap. Yeh, nah. Noone believes your pathetic attempts at trolling here.

I agree

I think he could get overtaken pretty quickly and I still dont trust his body....

I also don't think he suits our game plan, Nicks ia looking at moving the ball with skill and speed.... Brad doesn't lift the eyes and hit targets

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
His brother does pretty much the same things but better and less injury prone. At his best Matt hits alot of targets

Thanks for that.

I was given a rather lengthy explanation of the rules around everything Free Agency and was explicitly told that going into the draft was not part of it. Clearly this is not true as you have now pointed out.

This adds another level of even more stupidity to the way the AFL have structured Free Agency, what's the point of having a player being classified as 'restricted' if they can still leave after you have matched another club's bid ??

The AFL are a joke !!

See and this is the problem with people bullshitting so mcuh on bigfooty.

Someone bullshitted you and you believed it. So now you come and bullshit here. Someone probably read your post but didn't see mine and now they believe it. That person will repeat it in the future....

So the circle of misinformation just keeps going and going and going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely all Adelaide fans know that we aren't getting Band 1 compo no matter what

It's us

Remember all those other times you got your hopes up about anything?
Inevitable, much like a Redbacks' batting collapse

I think that the Saints proposed offer has done us a favour. If it was borderline band 1/band 2 on the band 2 side, then we would be worse off. We would have to pay more than we probably wanted for him. We get to keep Brouch at a fair price and he gets to play his 3 games for the Crows to get father/son entitlements in the future (if that still exists by then). Sure many would have loved pick 2 that comes along with a band 1 result, but I believe that this is the second best option.

Still more than we got for Dangerfield...

(I actually agree it would not be a win at all)

Really?

We got 9, 28 and a spud for Danger.

We'd be looking at around Pick 20 and an overpriced mid tier player that the Saints are looking to get rid of them as a salary dump.

I'd be interested to know how you think that's better than what we got for Dangerfield.

See and this is the problem with people bullshitting so mcuh on bigfooty.

Someone bullshitted you and you believed it. So now you come and bullshit here. Someone probably read your post but didn't see mine and now they believe it. That person will repeat it in the future....

So the circle of misinformation just keeps going and going and going.

Sheesh, keep your wig on !!!

It wasn't from anyone on BF, it was from a friend who follows the NBA really closely and it is their system that the AFL have copied/used to create their own system.

Still reckon allowing a player to walk into the draft like that is utter rubbish though.

I agree

I think he could get overtaken pretty quickly and I still dont trust his body....

I also dont think he suits our game plan, Nicks ia looking at moving the ball with skill and speed.... Brad doesnt lift the eyes and hit targets

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
There more to it than that. If we accept the compo after clearly stating that we wouldn’t, then we will never win at the trade table again in the future. Also the club, who are currently trying to re engage with their supporters would be a laughing stock and look weak to everyone.
by far the best thing for the club to do now is to match, welcome Brad back, and claim it as a win that a Vic boy explores free agency but in the end re signs for 4 years at he loves the club.

Anyone else disappointed that it's been like 2 hours and we haven't told the AFL where to shove their Band 3 yet?

We should do a drive by at AFL house tomorrow to let them know what we think.

giphy.gif

The best part is yet again, opposition supporters can laugh at us for failing at something

Tippett, Dangerfield, power stance, grand final, camp, Burton... now this. Plenty of ammunition for other supporters

Still a lot of water go under this bridge - without a doubt, the crows match and force the trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back