News Brad Crouch to Saints (STK make offer; Band 3, ADL to match?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Tassie, the opinion down here is fairly consistent from my observations over the last 8 or 9 years ...

No-one is switching over to follow a relocated North Melbourne. Most of us already have a team we follow, there is no way we switch allegiances from our existing teams to North. Basically we want a new team that is Tasmanian from the outset. That is something we will pay to go see. Most of the people I know around footy will still follow the same team they always have ... but would happily pay up membership to go and see the Tassie team every other week.

We can sustain a team in Hobart - Blundstone holds nearly 20k - but it's not gonna work unless it's a proper team we can call our own.
has to be called the tassie devils surely..

Yeah, so... Brad Crouch?

If you're disappointed that there's minimal discussion of the Brad Crouch trade in the Brad Crouch trade thread then you've only got yourself to blame.

This needs some sort of award for a post containing the most incomprehensible, poorly written bastardisation of the English language possible
English as a 4th or 5th language maybe 🤔 .

I think nice Kelly said will bid at pick one on we nga. Won’t look good in draft maybe threat to western bulldogs better trade pick 12 to us. All maybe threat to gill to get leverage on vfl give us pick 2 or we make a mockery of draft bidding on nga s
Did you write the instructions for building the swingset we bought our son?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I live in Tassie, the opinion down here is fairly consistent from my observations over the last 8 or 9 years ...

No-one is switching over to follow a relocated North Melbourne. Most of us already have a team we follow, there is no way we switch allegiances from our existing teams to North. Basically we want a new team that is Tasmanian from the outset. That is something we will pay to go see. Most of the people I know around footy will still follow the same team they always have ... but would happily pay up membership to go and see the Tassie team every other week.

We can sustain a team in Hobart - Blundstone holds nearly 20k - but it's not gonna work unless it's a proper team we can call our own.
If North folded and was reborn as a Tasmanian team, with a significant chunk of the same players and staff, would it be any different?

The afl should merge gc and North and then move them to Tasmania... solve 3 problems in 1 hit.

That would be completely pointless, If you're the AFL, you hold onto to Gold Coast for as long as possible.

After all, you want teams in the major population centre and Gold Coast has more people living within its bounds then people do in the entirety of Tasmania.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints member just called trade radio and said he would give up his membership if Saints trade for Crouch.

I'd be pissed too if my club traded for a player you could get for free on bigger money.

Saints and Adelaide fans will all be happy when band 1 is announced

Absolutely its a stupid situation for the Saints if they trade, when they can get him for free.

This is the quintessential win-win situation, by the Saints if they pay Brad $750k plus. They keep their draft picks, possibly even do a salary dump of an unwanted player and the Crows get Pick 2 as compensation.

There is NO LOSERS.

Aside from North, lol. :D

Absolutely its a stupid situation for the Saints if they trade, when they can get him for free.

This is the quintessential win-win situation, by the Saints if they pay Brad $750k plus. They keep their draft picks, possibly even do a salary dump of an unwanted player and the Crows get Pick 2 as compensation.

There is NO LOSERS.

Aside from North, lol. :D
If ... Norths pick 2 becomes pick 3 due to Crouch compo

then ... oh how we’ll laugh

Wow... that would make it the smallest stadium in the AFL.

In the end of the day, the only way Tasmania is getting a team is via table scraps, regardless what you want. Your state does not have the population to justify it (especially noting you don't have one super dominant population centre, which is a luxury other states have), and it already follows the AFL heavily. There is no incentive there to put a team there and the only reason you'd do so is to save a Victorian team which has gone beyond the pale.

You've missed the boat for your own team by 30 years. It needed to happen within the window between West Coast joining the league and Port Adelaide.

Well technically they end up with the 4th best player available. lol. Despite coming 2nd last.

Im getting drunk on their salty tears already.

They were the ones focusing so much on the Main Board how Brouch is not worth Pick 2, when its got nothing to do with that. Its Band 1, but they are too stupid to comprehend this.

There isn't any, thats the point.

No-one has any REAL information on how this is all worked out. As has been shown by the media and 'experts' quite often getting compensation predictions wrong e.g. Rockliff.

Oh my, you've lost it chief. The missing link isn't what's contained in Niall's article, it's that the ranking of the players isn't known. If you can't realise that, find a more rudimentary subject to interest yourself. This is a bit beyond you.

Maybe we should remind the AFL of the time our draft pick that we traded out for Carey was then changed AFTER the trade - hence favouring North and screwing us?? Might be worth raising it if poor North get a mention at all....

Maybe we should remind the AFL of the time our draft pick that we traded out for Carey was then changed AFTER the trade - hence favouring North and screwing us?? Might be worth raising it if poor North get a mention at all....
Maybe mention how our pick 3 became pick 4 last year because of a priority pick to GC.

anyone know anything about who sam is and did they hear the conversation to see the context of this tweet?

Why would North be nervous? Unless we took both Thilthorpe and McDonald, which I think is extremely unlikely, they get the other. Even if we did take both, they get Hollands who is probably the best player of the three anyway.

and they *are* stupid

Seriousness, are there any kangaroos in Tassie?

With the AFL starting to float the idea of a Tassie team this year, I think they're starting the groundwork to change hearts and minds to do exactly this.

Absolutely should happen.
No there isn’t. Maybe some mini ones on Maria, but no actual kangaroos.

edit: apparently we do have the forester kangaroo. I stand corrected.

Oh my, you've lost it chief. The missing link isn't what's contained in Niall's article, it's that the ranking of the players isn't known. If you can't realise that, find a more rudimentary subject to interest yourself. This is a bit beyond you.

Yeah because AFL writers are always honest and never make up bullshit in order to write an article do they?

This is going to backfire on us badly ......brad wants to stay on the St Kilda Contract

I disagree. Absolute worst case, we sign him up to 5 years and he is not happy (let’s say we take him in the PSD).

We do that because it still gives us an opportunity to offload him for a first next year. Most likely we pay some of his salary. That’s still a win for us (good draft), a win for Brad (gets his contract and a move, only a year later) and a win for his club next year (we pay some of their TPP)...

He just needs to perform to get a move and he would be pretty motivated to do that. We get one year of a player (who is hopefully motivated).

Its really not a bad worst case scenario.

I disagree. Absolute worst case, we sign him up to 5 years and he is not happy (let’s say we take him in the PSD).

We do that because it still gives us an opportunity to offload him for a first next year. Most likely we pay some of his salary. That’s still a win for us (good draft), a win for Brad (gets his contract and a move, only a year later) and a win for his club next year (we pay some of their TPP)...

He just needs to perform to get a move and he would be pretty motivated to do that. We get one year of a player (who is hopefully motivated).

Its really not a bad worst case scenario.
Incorrect .....Once Brad signs the 5 year Contract with us, he can only be traded with his permission .....good luck with that

He's happy to play out his career in Adelaide ....that's always been his preference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back